“For The Seven Great Lords of Narnia”
|Category: Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Following of Lord Bern is a colossal, safe nation, remarkable for its compulsory military service. Its hard-nosed, intelligent population of 6.637 billion are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it concentrates mainly on Social Welfare, although Law & Order and Defence are on the agenda. The average income tax rate is 54%, and even higher for the wealthy. A robust private sector is dominated by the Information Technology industry.
Councils up and down the country wrangle over legal matters, a large concrete wall is being built around the country's borders, a cyber-war between file sharers and the music industry formats hard drives across the country, and the number of students attending university has reached a record high. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Lord Bern's national animal is the Lion, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the Pound Sterling.
Most Recent Government Activity: 20 days ago
- 17 days ago: Lord Bern was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Income Equality.
- 20 days ago: Lord Bern was refounded.
- 84 days ago: Lord Bern ceased to exist.
- 87 days ago: Lord Bern was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Highest Average Tax Rates.
- 104 days ago: Lord Bern was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Subsidized Industry.
- 112 days ago: Lord Bern resigned from the World Assembly.
- 112 days ago: Lord Bern relocated from The Supreme States Congregation to Kyzikos.
- 112 days ago: Lord Bern endorsed Columbia talammor.
- 112 days ago: Lord Bern endorsed The Republic of Gruffydd ap Llywelyn 1.
- 112 days ago: Lord Bern endorsed Jedi-gangsters.