“Positive and self reliant, but not self important”
|Category: Liberal Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: The North Pacific
The Federation of Lookingafterourselves is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, renowned for its devotion to social welfare. Its compassionate, intelligent population of 3.271 billion love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it concentrates mainly on Education, although Social Welfare and Healthcare are on the agenda. The average income tax rate is 73%, and even higher for the wealthy. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
Bizarre-looking creatures called 'Llamadogs' dominate wildlife preserves, multiple polls have christened the newly-formed Filibuster Committee as "the least efficient government bureaucracy", punitive tariffs protect local industry, and even the most lowly council pen-pusher has the same political power as a senior minister. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Lookingafterourselves's national animal is the Llama, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the Point.
Most Recent Government Activity: 13 days ago
- 1 day 8 hours ago: Lookingafterourselves was endorsed by The Borderlands of Iwin.
- 3 days 15 hours ago: Lookingafterourselves was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Welfare Programs (last census: Top 10%).
- 4 days ago: Lookingafterourselves was endorsed by The Former Delegate of McMasterdonia.
- 5 days ago: Lookingafterourselves was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Politically Free.
- 5 days ago: Lookingafterourselves was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Politically Free.
- 6 days ago: Lookingafterourselves was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Smartest Citizens (last census: Top 10%).
- 7 days ago: Lookingafterourselves was endorsed by The Minister of Defense of Kiwitaicho.
- 8 days ago: Lookingafterourselves was endorsed by The Maritime Explorer of General COE.
- 13 days ago: Lookingafterourselves was reclassified from "Democratic Socialists" to "Liberal Democratic Socialists".
- 13 days ago: Following new legislation in Lookingafterourselves, even the most lowly council pen-pusher has the same political power as a senior minister.
Endorsements Received: 35 (Yaorozu, Blackshear41, Frenulumnia, Grosseschnauzer, Groovistan, Former English Colony, Blue Wolf II, Whereisthatistan, Pasargad, Great Bights Mum, Novare Res, Enif, Herzliyya, Unimaginable Doom, God n Country n Byron, New-Magrathea, Democatic Donkeys, New haven america, Malvad, Everywheristan, Zemnaya Svoboda, Llerrac Yar, Esponnise, Jamie Anumia, Lucamania, Zombiys, Caners, Moany Old Gits, Avalon, Jeiji, Love Song, General COE, Kiwitaicho, McMasterdonia, Iwin)