|Category: Corporate Police State|
Regional Influence: Eminence Grise
Location: The Axis of Evil
The Zombie Nukers of Look at me is a gargantuan, economically powerful nation, ruled by Wonderdoctor with an iron fist, and renowned for its keen interest in outer space. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 25.18 billion Lookatmes are ruled with an iron fist by the corrupt, dictatorship government, which oppresses anyone who isn't on the board of a Fortune 500 company. Large corporations tend to be above the law, and use their financial clout to gain ever-increasing government benefits at the expense of the poor and unemployed.
There is no government in the normal sense of the word; however, a small group of community-minded, corrupt, moralistic, pro-business individuals devotes most of its attentions to Defence, with areas such as Social Equality and the Environment receiving almost no funds by comparison. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of the Radioactive Batcave. Income tax is unheard of. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Uranium Mining industry, followed by Arms Manufacturing and Automobile Manufacturing.
Military geniuses responsible for brilliant campaigns are drummed out because they have close same-sex friends and an interest in interior design, the country has been 'going shopping' by annexing nearby nations for their resources, political activists are routinely executed, and the armed forces are locked in an expensive and bloody war abroad to stamp out possible terrorists. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is relatively low, thanks to the all-pervasive police force. Look at me's national animal is the Bloodsucker, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, its national religion is Wonderdocterism, and its currency is the Blood of Christ.
Most Recent Government Activity: 2 days 20 hours ago
- 2 days 3 hours ago: Look at me's influence in The Axis of Evil fell from "Powerbroker" to "Eminence Grise".
- 2 days 15 hours ago: Following new legislation in Look at me, the armed forces are locked in an expensive and bloody war abroad to stamp out possible terrorists.
- 2 days 15 hours ago: Following new legislation in Look at me, political activists are routinely executed.
- 2 days 20 hours ago: Look at me lodged a message on the The Axis of Evil Regional Message Board.
- 2 days 20 hours ago: Look at me changed its national demonym to "Lookatme" and its demonym adjective to "Meanlooking".
- 2 days 20 hours ago: Look at me relocated from Lazarus to The Axis of Evil.
- 2 days 20 hours ago: Look at me removed regional password protection from The Axis of Evil.
- 2 days 20 hours ago: Look at me was refounded in Lazarus.
- 14 days ago: Look at me ceased to exist.
- 23 days ago: Look at me was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Influential (last census: Top 5%).