“May peace live with you”
|Category: Iron Fist Consumerists|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Titleless Nation of Longfort is a colossal, economically powerful nation, ruled by the Longfortian people with an iron fist, and notable for its complete absence of social welfare. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 8.5 billion are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt, moralistic government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Religion & Spirituality, Law & Order, and Defence. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Longfort City. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 55%. A robust private sector is dominated by the Uranium Mining industry.
Crime is on the rise as DNA sampling has been all but outlawed, the government recently relinquished its monopoly on the mail service, Longfort's fine wines are renowned throughout the region, and prisoners work-share to cut down rising costs of keeping them in jail. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force. Longfort's national animal is the pegasus, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its currency is the fort.
Most Recent Government Activity: 17 days ago
- 17 hours ago: Longfort was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Authoritarian (last census: Top 5%).
- 8 days ago: Longfort was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Highest Police Ratios (last census: Top 5%).
- 17 days ago: Longfort relocated from Lazarus to Esquarium.
- 17 days ago: Longfort was refounded.
- 50 days ago: Longfort ceased to exist.
- 51 days ago: Longfort was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Stupidest Citizens (last census: Top 1%).
- 61 days ago: Longfort was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Conservative.
- 78 days ago: Longfort fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Avoided.
- 84 days ago: Longfort was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Highest Police Ratios (last census: Top 10%).
- 85 days ago: Longfort fell out of the regional Top 10% for Rudest Citizens.