The United Kingdoms of Londonum is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Emperor Onorius I with a fair hand, and renowned for its national health service, compulsory military service, and rampant corporate plagiarism. The hard-nosed, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 13.986 billion Imperials love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Latrius. The average income tax rate is 50.6%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Londonumic economy, worth a remarkable 2,104 trillion Imperial Credits a year, is quite specialized and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Information Technology, and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 150,488 Imperial Credits, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Organ donation rates are among the lowest in the region, travel bureaus double as recruiting centers for national intelligence agencies, EpiPen sales have skyrocketed, and any citizen who cries is immediately assigned a psychiatrist. Crime is totally unknown. Londonum's national animal is the Panther, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Dominism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Londonum, any citizen who cries is immediately assigned a psychiatrist.
- : Londonum was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Longest Average Lifespans (last census: #1).
- : Following new legislation in Londonum, EpiPen sales have skyrocketed.
- : Following new legislation in Londonum, travel bureaus double as recruiting centers for national intelligence agencies.
- : Londonum was endorsed by The Elective Monarchy of Oelesa.
- : Londonum was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Best Weather (last census: #1).
- : Londonum fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Dedicated Public Healthcare.
- : Londonum's influence in Commonwealth of Free Nations rose from "Envoy" to "Diplomat".
- : Londonum fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Basket Weaving Sector.
- : Londonum lost the endorsement of The Imperial Commonwealth of Nuremgard.