The United Kingdoms of Londonum is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Emperor Onorius I with a fair hand, and notable for its national health service, compulsory military service, and daily referendums. The hard-nosed, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 13.767 billion Imperials love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Latrius. The average income tax rate is 48.0%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Londonumic economy, worth a remarkable 2,056 trillion Imperial Credits a year, is quite specialized and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Information Technology, and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 149,408 Imperial Credits, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Tax-payers are funding ever more extravagant movie projects, the latest Harry Potter book is a bestseller, homeowners are evicted to make way for new runways, and organ donation rates are among the lowest in the region. Crime is totally unknown. Londonum's national animal is the Panther, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Dominism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Londonum was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Cheese Export Sector (last census: Top 5%).
- : Londonum fell out of the regional Top 5% for Largest Cheese Export Sector.
- : Londonum was endorsed by The Imperial Commonwealth of Nuremgard.
- : Londonum was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Populations (last census: Top 10%).
- : Londonum was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Populations.
- : Londonum was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Publishing Industry (last census: Top 5%).
- : Londonum's influence in Commonwealth of Free Nations fell from "Ambassador" to "Diplomat".
- : Londonum was endorsed by The Constitutional Republic of New Caladonea.
- : Londonum was endorsed by The Republic of Arcadiar.
- : Londonum's influence in Commonwealth of Free Nations rose from "Diplomat" to "Ambassador".