“Unity and Faith, Peace and Progress”
|Category: Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Superpower
The Utilitarian Society of Lola Veela is a massive, economically powerful nation, ruled by Miss Naomi with an even hand, and remarkable for its compulsory military service. The hard-nosed population of 4.246 billion Lola Veelans are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it is mainly concerned with Defence, although Education and Social Equality are on the agenda. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Snow-Town. The average income tax rate is 95%. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
There has been a series of riots between local cannibals and health food advocates, punitive tariffs protect local industry, wind farms are erected on shuttered oil platforms, and citizens simply have to point a weapon at a government official to get what they want. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Lola Veela's national animal is the Long Tail Albino Weasel, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the Dollera.
Most Recent Government Activity: 13 days ago
- 4 days ago: Lola Veela fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Subsidized Industry.
- 7 days ago: Lola Veela was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Developed (last census: Top 5%).
- 7 days ago: Lola Veela fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Developed.
- 11 days ago: Lola Veela was reclassified from "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy" to "Democratic Socialists".
- 21 days ago: Lola Veela fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- 37 days ago: Lola Veela lost the position of Maranmor WA Delegate to The Dictatorship of Neo-Astaritin.
- 46 days ago: Lola Veela was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Safest.
- 52 days ago: Lola Veela fell out of the world Top 10% for Safest.
- 61 days ago: Lola Veela fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens.
- 62 days ago: Lola Veela was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Beautiful Environments.
Endorsements Received: 1 » Neo-Astaritin.