“Unity and Faith, Peace and Progress”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Superpower
The Utilitarian Society of Lola Veela is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Miss Naomi with an even hand, and renowned for its hatred of cheese. The hard-nosed population of 3.745 billion Lola Veelans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Defence, Education, and Social Equality. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Snow-Town. The average income tax rate is 94%, and even higher for the wealthy. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
Snow-Town is a police state during international summits, the government is pouring money into 'Operation Enduring Democracy', the 'kind of scrawny' 500 meter hurdle is a popular event, and there has been a series of riots between local cannibals and health food advocates. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Lola Veela's national animal is the Long Tail Albino Weasel, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the Dollera.
Most Recent Government Activity: 42 days ago
- 3 days 5 hours ago: Lola Veela was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Cultured (last census: Top 5%).
- 8 days ago: Lola Veela fell out of the world Top 10% for Longest Average Lifespans.
- 11 days ago: Lola Veela fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Influential.
- 13 days ago: Lola Veela's influence in Maranmor rose from "Power" to "Superpower".
- 22 days ago: Lola Veela fell out of the regional Top 10% for Highest Average Tax Rates.
- 27 days ago: Lola Veela fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Welfare Programs.
- 31 days ago: Lola Veela was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Influential.
- 41 days ago: Lola Veela fell out of the regional Top 10% for Safest.
- 45 days ago: Lola Veela was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Cultured (last census: Top 10%).
- 45 days ago: Lola Veela fell out of the regional Top 5% for Most Cultured.
Endorsements Received: 1 » Neo-Astaritin.