The Dictatorship of LokiLand5 is a massive, socially progressive nation, notable for its compulsory vegetarianism, anti-smoking policies, and multi-spousal wedding ceremonies. The compassionate, hard-working, cynical population of 4.456 billion Hiddlestoners are rabid consumers, partly through choice and partly because the government tells them to and dissenters tend to vanish from their homes at night.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Industry, Healthcare, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Christmas Town. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 44.0%.
The frighteningly efficient Hiddlestoner economy, worth 425 trillion Koins a year, is broadly diversified and dominated by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Information Technology, and Cheese Exports. Black market activity is frequent. Average income is 95,455 Koins, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 295,647 per year while the poor average 23,745, a ratio of 12.5 to 1.
The government's new 'Crime Can Fight Itself' policy appears to be backfiring rather badly, Kois are considered a delicacy, the number of children one can have is restricted by law, and it is illegal for police officers to carry out searches due to strict privacy laws. Crime, especially youth-related, is moderate. LokiLand5's national animal is the Koi, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity: 18 days ago
- 1 day 17 hours ago: LokiLand5 was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Rebellious Youth.
- 3 days 17 hours ago: LokiLand5 was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Longest Average Lifespans.
- 7 days ago: LokiLand5 fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Pacifist.
- 9 days ago: LokiLand5 relocated from Lesbia to The Rejected Realms.
- 9 days ago: LokiLand5 was ejected from Lesbia by The Virgin Queendom of Axelle III.
- 11 days ago: LokiLand5's influence in Lesbia rose from "Duckspeaker" to "Envoy".
- 12 days ago: LokiLand5 fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Rebellious Youth.
- 17 days ago: LokiLand5's influence in Lesbia rose from "Handshaker" to "Duckspeaker".
- 18 days ago: Following new legislation in LokiLand5, it is illegal for police officers to carry out searches due to strict privacy laws.
- 18 days ago: Following new legislation in LokiLand5, the number of children one can have is restricted by law.