“The only good commie is a dead commie.”
|Category: Compulsory Consumerist State|
Regional Influence: Handshaker
The Anti-Communist Timocracy of Loftegen is a colossal, socially progressive nation, ruled by The Lady with an iron fist, and renowned for its keen interest in outer space. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 9.537 billion are rabid consumers, partly through choice and partly because the government tells them to and dissenters tend to vanish from their homes at night.
The government -- a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, corrupt morass -- devotes most of its attentions to Defence, with areas such as Social Equality and Religion & Spirituality receiving almost no funds by comparison. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Altenburg. Income tax is unheard of. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Information Technology industry, followed by Tourism and Arms Manufacturing.
Corporate lobbying has been outlawed, Red Cross demand for body bags is rising while sutures go unused, the lowest age at which one can marry has been recently lowered to 12, and 1% of global paper production is bound for the National Archive. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Loftegen's national animal is the black ram, which is also the nation's favorite main course, its national religion is Ladyism, and its currency is the byte.
Most Recent Government Activity: 2 hours ago
- 2 hours ago: Loftegen was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Fattest Citizens.
- 16 hours ago: Following new legislation in Loftegen, 1% of global paper production is bound for the National Archive.
- 16 hours ago: Following new legislation in Loftegen, the lowest age at which one can marry has been recently lowered to 12.
- 1 day 16 hours ago: Following new legislation in Loftegen, Red Cross demand for body bags is rising while sutures go unused.
- 1 day 16 hours ago: Following new legislation in Loftegen, corporate lobbying has been outlawed.
- 2 days 2 hours ago: Loftegen was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Subsidized Industry (last census: Top 5%).
- 2 days 16 hours ago: Following new legislation in Loftegen, a large percentage of the poor live from cradle to grave in subterranean wage slavery.
- 3 days 4 hours ago: Following new legislation in Loftegen, popular websites like NationStates are blocked for "national security".
- 3 days 15 hours ago: Loftegen endorsed The Armed Democratic Republic of Tretaen.
- 3 days 16 hours ago: Following new legislation in Loftegen, the mining industry is making inroads into environmentally sensitive areas.
Endorsements Received: 56 » Nippon Shotou Teikoku, Lamborghini Murcielago, Aigania, Drakomagic, The Floodcity, Beezertopia, 5 Flowers, Krudistan Nation, Lakers Nation, Cronintopia, General Mike, Sarotte, Davewerld, Fortytipper, Kurogasawa, Thisbia, Hyperbolic Orbit, Aegis-5, Sindria, Sargonastan, Farmboybob, Cats claw, Zsunnies, Marcellinople, The Salvation States, Trackeendy, Aristeme, Slavskia, Earth and Freedom, East Solaria, Gauntleted Fist, Courlany, Ecchi Unlimited, Valinoriya, Neltofo, Citiga, Praenestia, Red Furry Things, United Hives of Honey Bees, Tanzu, Wuington, Rubyna, The Greater Aristony, Harmoneia, Theurgia, Central Francia, Jambizana, The Tricrown, Malkshake, Milograd, and 6 others.Dendris, The People of Illandra, Rangers Brotherhood, Knights Almeria, The Parkgarian Empire, and Tretaen.