“Down with the People's Republic!”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Handshaker
The Capitalist Insurgency of Loftegen is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by Lady Zaharra with an even hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 11.503 billion Loftegenans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt government stops and the rest of society begins, but it devotes most of its attentions to Defence, with areas such as Social Equality and Religion & Spirituality receiving almost no funds by comparison. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Altenburg. Income tax is unheard of. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Information Technology industry, followed by Tourism and Arms Manufacturing.
Inheritance tax has recently been abolished, the psych wards are overflowing with transsexuals, military spending is on the increase, and all tariffs have been abolished. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Loftegen's national animal is the black ram, which is also the nation's favorite main course, its national religion is Zaharranism, and its currency is the byte.
Most Recent Government Activity: 43 minutes ago
- 61 minutes ago: Following new legislation in Loftegen, all tariffs have been abolished.
- 12 hours ago: Following new legislation in Loftegen, military spending is on the increase.
- 12 hours ago: Following new legislation in Loftegen, the psych wards are overflowing with transsexuals.
- 1 day 12 hours ago: Following new legislation in Loftegen, inheritance tax has recently been abolished.
- 2 days 1 hour ago: Following new legislation in Loftegen, the breathalyser pledge is a traditional part of marriages in Loftegen.
- 2 days 12 hours ago: Loftegen was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Fastest-Growing Economies (last census: Top 1%).
- 2 days 12 hours ago: Following new legislation in Loftegen, the populace harbors a fierce hatred of the metric system.
- 2 days 12 hours ago: Following new legislation in Loftegen, bus ads propagandize causes ranging from sexual revolution to religious pogroms.
- 3 days ago: Loftegen lodged a message on the Lazarus Regional Message Board.
- 3 days 12 hours ago: Following new legislation in Loftegen, residents of newly dried out bays live in fear of leaky dikes.
Endorsements Received: 63 » Nippon Shotou Teikoku, Aigania, Beezertopia, Krudistan Nation, Davewerld, Fortytipper, Hyperbolic Orbit, Aegis-5, Sindria, Farmboybob, Marcellinople, The Salvation States, Trackeendy, Aristeme, Courlany, Neltofo, Praenestia, United Hives of Honey Bees, Tanzu, The Tricrown, Dendris, Rangers Brotherhood, Knights Almeria, Saundie, Ivia, Radkicks, Nerbia, Troltovia, Arctura Dara, Carthago Tertius, Cronintopia, Scussel, Citiga, Hydia, Dhan, Drakomagic, The Floodcity, Kingdom of Expired Mushroom, Vandersberg, Aeryis, Stovonia, Cabin John, Transinatria, Dogelandia, Maohu, Kauderia, New-Peaceland, NeueZiel, Swearistan, Ostendt, and 13 others.Knockturn Alley, Ecchi Unlimited, Falafelphilla, Western Soviet States, The Undead Horse, Zexen, Boxica, Aenea, Company Paradis, Yao, Untied nation of the deltian republic, Bare Arms, and Vuvuzeland.