The People's Republic of Lixbarvia is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by Premier Louise Mivaer with a fair hand, and remarkable for its unlimited-speed roads, smutty television, and ubiquitous missile silos. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 3.54 billion Lixbarvians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The enormous, socially-minded, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Industry, Education, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Baria Centriv. The average income tax rate is 98.3%.
The frighteningly efficient Lixbarvian economy, worth 649 trillion Lixians a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Automobile Manufacturing. Average income is an impressive 183,443 Lixians, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Companies struggle to cover for the hordes of employees on parental leave, meat-eating is frowned upon, cyber-crime and tin-foil hat sales are both increasing at record rates, and the automotive industry soaks up huge government handouts. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Lixbarvia's national animal is the Imperial Eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Atheism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Lixbarvia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Extensive Civil Rights.
- : Following new legislation in Lixbarvia, the automotive industry soaks up huge government handouts.
- : Following new legislation in Lixbarvia, cyber-crime and tin-foil hat sales are both increasing at record rates.
- : Following new legislation in Lixbarvia, meat-eating is frowned upon.
- : Following new legislation in Lixbarvia, companies struggle to cover for the hordes of employees on parental leave.
- : Lixbarvia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Vancouvia".
- : Lixbarvia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Preservation of Artefacts"".
- : Lixbarvia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Politically Free and the Top 10% for Largest Automobile Manufacturing Sector.
- : Following new legislation in Lixbarvia, cars speed down national highways while drivers sleep at the wheel.
- : Following new legislation in Lixbarvia, political scientists despair as the national mascot election eclipses all others in voter enthusiasm.
Endorsements Received: None.