The Union of Egoists of Little Woodhouse is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, renowned for its anti-smoking policies, rampant corporate plagiarism, and smutty television. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 27.59 billion Little Woodhouseans are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Environment, Education, and Social Policy. The income tax rate is 100%.
The enormous but sluggish Little Woodhousean economy, worth a remarkable 3,194 trillion Proletarian Credits a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity. The industrial sector is mostly comprised of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an impressive 115,772 Proletarian Credits, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Libraries are now installed with jacuzzis and mini-bars, a weakened police force struggles to maintain law and order, NationStates is now a popular brand of laxatives despite Max Barry's protests, and TV shows must meet strict ethnicity quotas. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Little Woodhouse's national animal is the running dog, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Little Woodhouse was endorsed by The Democratic States of Natericksaha.
- : Little Woodhouse was endorsed by The United Socialist States of Pink Submarine.
- : Little Woodhouse's influence in The Internationale rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : Little Woodhouse was endorsed by The United Socialist States of Ostdeutscher Bund.
- : Little Woodhouse was endorsed by The Community of Autonomous Masses.
- : Little Woodhouse was endorsed by The Free Land of Kernastiya.
- : Little Woodhouse was endorsed by The Democratic Republic of Florenzina.
- : Little Woodhouse's influence in The Internationale fell from "Squire" to "Page".
- : Little Woodhouse was endorsed by The Democratic Confederation of Kurdish Gulf.
- : Little Woodhouse was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Subsidized Industry.