“Bread and roses”
|Category: Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: The Internationale
The Libertarian Commune of Little Woodhouse is a gargantuan, safe nation, remarkable for its absence of drug laws. The compassionate, intelligent population of 23.53 billion Little Woodhouseans are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of the Environment, Education, and Social Equality. The average income tax rate is 100%. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
Mothers are routinely abandoning their children in the name of women's rights, heavy industry must go to expensive lengths to dispose of waste, voting is voluntary, and the nation is currently revamping its entire education system. Crime is totally unknown. Little Woodhouse's national animal is the running dog, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the Proletarian Credit.
Most Recent Government Activity: 22 days ago
- 2 days 19 hours ago: Little Woodhouse was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Most Cultured (last census: Top 5%).
- 5 days ago: Little Woodhouse was endorsed by The Federated Autonomous Bands of The Yaupon Forests.
- 6 days ago: Little Woodhouse was ranked #1 in the region for Most Beautiful Environments.
- 8 days ago: Little Woodhouse was ranked #1 in the region for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- 12 days ago: Little Woodhouse was ranked #1 in the region for Largest Public Sector.
- 13 days ago: Little Woodhouse was ranked #1 in the region for Most Compassionate Citizens.
- 15 days ago: Little Woodhouse was ranked #1 in the region for Smartest Citizens.
- 18 days ago: Little Woodhouse was ranked #1 in the region for Largest Populations.
- 20 days ago: Little Woodhouse was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Drug Use (last census: Top 5%).
- 22 days ago: Little Woodhouse altered its national flag.