The Union of Egoists of Little Woodhouse is a gargantuan, cultured nation, remarkable for its daily referendums, ban on automobiles, and keen interest in outer space. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 26.244 billion Little Woodhouseans are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Environment, Education, and Social Policy. The income tax rate is 100%.
The large but stagnant Little Woodhousean economy, worth 678 trillion Proletarian Credits a year, is driven entirely by government activity. The industrial sector is mostly comprised of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 25,864 Proletarian Credits, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Mothers are routinely abandoning their children in the name of women's rights, heavy industry must go to expensive lengths to dispose of waste, voting is voluntary, and the nation is currently revamping its entire education system. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Little Woodhouse's national animal is the running dog, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Little Woodhouse changed its national nation type to "Union of Egoists".
- : Little Woodhouse altered its national flag.
- : Little Woodhouse withdrew its endorsement from The Socialist State of Irish Peoples Republic.
- : Little Woodhouse endorsed The Revolutionary Commune of World Anarchic Union.
- : Little Woodhouse was ranked #1 in the region for Most Cultured (last census: Top 1%).
- : Little Woodhouse was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Influential (last census: Top 10%).
- : Little Woodhouse was endorsed by The United Socialist States of Ujotil.
- : Little Woodhouse was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Drug Use (last census: Top 10%).
- : Little Woodhouse was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Scientifically Advanced (last census: Top 5%).
- : Little Woodhouse was endorsed by The Revolutionary Commune of World Anarchic Union.