The Union of Egoists of Little Woodhouse is a gargantuan, cultured nation, renowned for its rampant corporate plagiarism, anti-smoking policies, and restrictive gun laws. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 27.947 billion Little Woodhouseans enjoy extensive civil rights and enjoy a level of social equality free from the usual accompanying government corruption.
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Environment, Education, and Social Policy. The income tax rate is 100%.
The enormous but sluggish Little Woodhousean economy, worth a remarkable 3,236 trillion Proletarian Credits a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity. The industrial sector is mostly comprised of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an impressive 115,792 Proletarian Credits, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
NationStates is now a popular brand of laxatives despite Max Barry's protests, TV shows must meet strict ethnicity quotas, government buildings are being cleansed for anything that might have racist connotations, and the nation is ravaged by daily union strikes. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Little Woodhouse's national animal is the running dog, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Little Woodhouse was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Subsidized Industry.
- : Little Woodhouse was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Least Corrupt Governments.
- : Little Woodhouse was endorsed by The United Socialist States of Freien.
- : Little Woodhouse was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Cheerful Citizens.
- : Little Woodhouse was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Drug Use.
- : Little Woodhouse was endorsed by The United People of Reti.
- : Following new legislation in Little Woodhouse, the nation is ravaged by daily union strikes.
- : Following new legislation in Little Woodhouse, government buildings are being cleansed for anything that might have racist connotations.
- : Little Woodhouse was reclassified from "Left-wing Utopia" to "Scandinavian Liberal Paradise".
- : Little Woodhouse withdrew its endorsement from The Rose Commune of Caelapes.