“Bread and roses”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Diplomat
Location: The Internationale
The Libertarian Commune of Little Woodhouse is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, renowned for its museums and concert halls. Its compassionate, intelligent population of 21.936 billion have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of the Environment, Education, and Social Equality. The average income tax rate is 100%. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
CEOs and corporate executives are frequently found striking for better stock options, the arms industry has been shut down in a surge of pacifism, citizens wishing to leave the country must surrender half their wealth to the government, and mothers are routinely abandoning their children in the name of women's rights. Crime is totally unknown. Little Woodhouse's national animal is the running dog, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the Proletarian Credit.
Most Recent Government Activity: 5 days ago
- 5 days ago: Little Woodhouse endorsed The Camarada de Siempre of Misley.
- 5 days ago: Little Woodhouse was admitted to the World Assembly.
- 5 days ago: Little Woodhouse applied to join the World Assembly.
- 7 days ago: Little Woodhouse's influence in The Internationale rose from "Envoy" to "Diplomat".
- 8 days ago: Little Woodhouse's influence in The Internationale rose from "Duckspeaker" to "Envoy".
- 9 days ago: Little Woodhouse was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Defense Forces (last census: Top 1%).
- 13 days ago: Little Woodhouse's influence in The Internationale rose from "Handshaker" to "Duckspeaker".
- 15 days ago: Little Woodhouse's influence in The Internationale fell from "Duckspeaker" to "Handshaker".
- 16 days ago: Little Woodhouse altered its national flag.
- 16 days ago: Little Woodhouse relocated from Lazarus to The Internationale.
Endorsements Received: None.