The Libertarian Commune of Little Woodhouse is a gargantuan, cultured nation, renowned for its keen interest in outer space, hatred of cheese, and absence of drug laws. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 24.94 billion Little Woodhouseans are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Environment, Education, and Social Policy. The income tax rate is 100%.
The large but stagnant Little Woodhousean economy, worth 644 trillion Proletarian Credits a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity. The industrial sector is mostly comprised of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 25,848 Proletarian Credits, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Mothers are routinely abandoning their children in the name of women's rights, heavy industry must go to expensive lengths to dispose of waste, voting is voluntary, and the nation is currently revamping its entire education system. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Little Woodhouse's national animal is the running dog, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity: 10 days ago
- 1 day 12 hours ago: Little Woodhouse was endorsed by The Community of World Anarchic Union.
- 9 days ago: Little Woodhouse was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Highest Drug Use.
- 10 days ago: Little Woodhouse altered its national flag.
- 13 days ago: Little Woodhouse was reclassified from "Liberal Democratic Socialists" to "Left-wing Utopia".
- 20 days ago: Little Woodhouse fell out of the world Top 1% for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- 20 days ago: Little Woodhouse fell out of the regional #1 spot for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- 27 days ago: Little Woodhouse fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- 39 days ago: Little Woodhouse was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Least Corrupt Governments (last census: Top 5%).
- 41 days ago: Little Woodhouse was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Highest Police Ratios (last census: #1).
- 42 days ago: Little Woodhouse was endorsed by The Consented Cooperative of Piscenia.