The Union of Egoists of Little Woodhouse is a gargantuan, genial nation, renowned for its national health service, rampant corporate plagiarism, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 26.916 billion Little Woodhouseans are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Environment, Education, and Social Policy. The income tax rate is 100%.
The enormous but sluggish Little Woodhousean economy, worth a remarkable 3,685 trillion Proletarian Credits a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity. The industrial sector is mostly comprised of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an impressive 136,911 Proletarian Credits, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The Little Woodhousean Arts Council pays teenagers to sit through opera performances, libraries are now installed with jacuzzis and mini-bars, a weakened police force struggles to maintain law and order, and NationStates is now a popular brand of laxatives despite Max Barry's protests. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Little Woodhouse's national animal is the running dog, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Little Woodhouse's influence in The Red and Black rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : Little Woodhouse was endorsed by The People's Republic of Rudel.
- : Following new legislation in Little Woodhouse, NationStates is now a popular brand of laxatives despite Max Barry's protests.
- : Little Woodhouse endorsed The Rose Commune of Caelapes.
- : Little Woodhouse's influence in The Red and Black fell from "Squire" to "Page".
- : Little Woodhouse was endorsed by The United Socialist States of The anarcho-syndicalist communes of Pica.
- : Little Woodhouse was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Little Woodhouse was endorsed by The People's Republic of Navastrovia.
- : Little Woodhouse was endorsed by The People's Republic of Croatian Socialist Federation.
- : Little Woodhouse was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Cheerful Citizens.