The Union of Egoists of Little Woodhouse is a gargantuan, safe nation, remarkable for its national health service, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and restrictive gun laws. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 27.044 billion Little Woodhouseans love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Environment, Education, and Social Policy. The income tax rate is 100%.
The enormous but sluggish Little Woodhousean economy, worth a remarkable 3,703 trillion Proletarian Credits a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity. The industrial sector is mostly comprised of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an impressive 136,927 Proletarian Credits, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The Little Woodhousean Arts Council pays teenagers to sit through opera performances, libraries are now installed with jacuzzis and mini-bars, a weakened police force struggles to maintain law and order, and NationStates is now a popular brand of laxatives despite Max Barry's protests. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Little Woodhouse's national animal is the running dog, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Little Woodhouse was endorsed by The United Socialist States of The Free Irish Union.
- : Little Woodhouse was endorsed by The United People of Reti.
- : Little Woodhouse was reclassified from "Left-wing Utopia" to "Liberal Democratic Socialists".
- : Little Woodhouse was endorsed by The People's Communal Republic of Losus.
- : Little Woodhouse's influence in The Red and Black rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : Little Woodhouse was endorsed by The People's Republic of Rudel.
- : Following new legislation in Little Woodhouse, NationStates is now a popular brand of laxatives despite Max Barry's protests.
- : Little Woodhouse endorsed The Rose Commune of Caelapes.
- : Little Woodhouse's influence in The Red and Black fell from "Squire" to "Page".
- : Little Woodhouse was endorsed by The United Socialist States of The anarcho-syndicalist communes of Pica.