“So it goes”
|Category: Left-Leaning College State|
Regional Influence: Eminence Grise
The Free Land of Little Tralfamadore is a colossal, socially progressive nation, ruled by Kilgore Trout with an even hand, and remarkable for its sprawling nuclear power plants. The hard-nosed, hard-working population of 5.358 billion Little Tralfamadoreans enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it is mainly concerned with Education, although the Environment and Social Welfare are on the agenda. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Rosewater. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 71%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Information Technology industry, followed by Book Publishing and Pizza Delivery.
Embarrassed police officers wear spandex and carry net guns, marketing departments of corporate giants compete to sponsor little league teams, fur coats have become the latest fashion trend, and graffiti graces every city's streets. Crime is totally unknown. Little Tralfamadore's national animal is the Trout, which is also the nation's favorite main course, its national religion is Bokononism, and its currency is the Half-Shell.
Most Recent Government Activity: 42 minutes ago
- 11 hours ago: Following new legislation in Little Tralfamadore, graffiti graces every city's streets.
- 1 day 11 hours ago: Following new legislation in Little Tralfamadore, fur coats have become the latest fashion trend.
- 2 days 11 hours ago: Following new legislation in Little Tralfamadore, marketing departments of corporate giants compete to sponsor little league teams.
- 3 days 17 hours ago: Little Tralfamadore voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Vandoosa".
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Little Tralfamadore, embarrassed police officers wear spandex and carry net guns.
- 4 days ago: Little Tralfamadore fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Subsidized Industry.
- 4 days ago: Little Tralfamadore was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Subsidized Industry (last census: Top 5%).
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Little Tralfamadore, the new hit series "Little Tralfamadore's Got Trauma" has corporate executives fleeing the country.
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Little Tralfamadore, the people are furious with the government for allowing citizens to be executed for petty crimes in foreign countries.
- 6 days ago: Little Tralfamadore approved the World Assembly proposal "Repeal "Universal Clinical Trials Act"".