The Free Land of Lindisfarne is a colossal, genial nation, renowned for its anti-smoking policies, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and irreverence towards religion. The compassionate, democratic population of 6.944 billion Lindisfarneans are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The enormous government is primarily concerned with Education, although Environment, Public Transport, and Healthcare are also considered important, while Spirituality isn't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Nittiesborg. The average income tax rate is 77.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The Lindisfarnean economy, worth 406 trillion Sols a year, is quite specialized and mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Basket Weaving, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Furniture Restoration. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 58,553 Sols, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.2 times as much as the poorest.
Protesters are up in arms over new nuclear power stations, priceless Maxtopian artwork can often be found in executive bathrooms, consumption of cat memes has skyrocketed, and crime is on the rise as DNA sampling has been all but outlawed. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Lindisfarne's national animal is the Snow Owl, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Lindisfarne's influence in Taijitu rose from "Zero" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Following new legislation in Lindisfarne, crime is on the rise as DNA sampling has been all but outlawed.
- : Lindisfarne was reclassified from "Liberal Democratic Socialists" to "Left-wing Utopia".
- : Following new legislation in Lindisfarne, consumption of cat memes has skyrocketed.
- : Lindisfarne altered its national flag.
- : Lindisfarne relocated from Lazarus to Taijitu.
- : Lindisfarne was refounded in Lazarus.
- : Lindisfarne ceased to exist.
- : Lindisfarne was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Eco-Friendly Governments.
- : Following new legislation in Lindisfarne, priceless Maxtopian artwork can often be found in executive bathrooms.