“The sun never sets on Ligashar”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Commonwealth of Ligashar is a colossal, devout nation, renowned for its ban on automobiles. The hard-nosed, hard-working population of 5.41 billion Ligasharians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The large government is mainly concerned with Public Transport, although the Environment and Religion & Spirituality are on the agenda. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Ligashar City. The average income tax rate is 30%, but much higher for the wealthy. A robust private sector is led by the Information Technology industry, followed by Gambling and Pizza Delivery.
Major cities shut down as their local sports team takes to the field every day, the government is spending billions of taxpayer pounds to support the Information Technology industry, the government snoops on private internet connections, and tombstones are ten feet high to accommodate the names of inhabitants. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is relatively low. Ligashar's national animal is the elephant, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the pound.
Most Recent Government Activity: 3 days 10 hours ago
- 83 days ago: Ligashar was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Average.
- 116 days ago: Ligashar was refounded in Lazarus.
- 188 days ago: Ligashar ceased to exist.
- 290 days ago: Ligashar's influence in Rofeville rose from "Minnow" to "Hermit".
- 290 days ago: Ligashar relocated from Mavamig to Rofeville.
- 290 days ago: Ligashar founded the region Rofeville.
- 291 days ago: Ligashar's influence in Mavamig rose from "Minnow" to "Hermit".
- 291 days ago: Ligashar relocated from Ziyiton to Mavamig.
- 291 days ago: Ligashar founded the region Mavamig.
- 292 days ago: Ligashar's influence in Ziyiton rose from "Minnow" to "Hermit".