The United Republic of Lieges is a colossal, safe nation, ruled by President Potrus Soustas with a fair hand, and renowned for its complete lack of prisons, ubiquitous missile silos, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic population of 8.555 billion Liègians enjoy extensive civil rights and enjoy a level of social equality free from the usual accompanying government corruption.
The enormous, socially-minded government prioritizes Education, although Environment, Industry, and Healthcare are also considered important, while Spirituality isn't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Ricads. The average income tax rate is 98.7%.
The frighteningly efficient Liegesian economy, worth a remarkable 1,592 trillion Ownuans a year, is quite specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Basket Weaving. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 186,203 Ownuans, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
RPG fans reminisce fondly about when people thought they were evil and dangerous rather than geeky and socially inept, in life full of care there is no time to stop and stare, you need two tenors and a coloratura contralto to sing the national anthem properly, and police officers often conceal their identities to safeguard against public complaints. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Lieges's national animal is the Phoenix, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Atheism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Lieges was endorsed by The Republic of Alevistan.
- : Lieges voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate Kingdom of Ireland".
- : Following new legislation in Lieges, police officers often conceal their identities to safeguard against public complaints.
- : Following new legislation in Lieges, you need two tenors and a coloratura contralto to sing the national anthem properly.
- : Following new legislation in Lieges, in life full of care there is no time to stop and stare.
- : Following new legislation in Lieges, RPG fans reminisce fondly about when people thought they were evil and dangerous rather than geeky and socially inept.
- : Following new legislation in Lieges, anyone who so much as frowns risks being referred to a mental health unit.
- : Following new legislation in Lieges, administrative districts are increasingly defined by their taste in housing architecture.
- : Lieges was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Subsidized Industry.
- : Lieges voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate Eternal Scholars"".
Endorsements Received: 66 » Jenesia, Foucaults garden, Lexembourg, The Seven Provinces, Alsted, The City-State of Vienna, Tigyland, An Clar, Fenian Provinces, Dauershire, Novo Portugal, Wombelland, Imperium Anglorum, Basque Dominion, Northern German Federation, Troltovia, East Arc, Dacian Freelands, Woschia, Saudi Canadia, Agrase, North of Americas, Fortia, Bohomo, Eicant, Newmere, Green Counties, The Lion of Damascus, Vinternia, Albertinum, Mynox, AirstripZero, Bearhinoland, Huygevoort, Lovisa, Fossekallen, Allisonium, Templar Republic, The Poland-Lithuania Commonwealth, Cha0sNation, Slavorussia, Teruel, Union of the north, Blighteria, Kalmara, DGAF No-2, Evka, Outer Sparta, The New Nordic Union, Silvecia, and 16 others.Continental Social Democrats, Ahma, The Fair Republic, Dark Matter, Myrenia, Stiernmark, Latogne, Socialist Republic of Cakdzavlon, New Wirral, European Commonwalth, Wolvory, The Republic of Aqwsa, Mordwyn, Romaian, Oena and Sandy Island, and Alevistan.