The United Republic of Lieges is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by President Potrus Soustas with a fair hand, and renowned for its museums and concert halls, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and otherworldly petting zoo. The compassionate, democratic, humorless population of 7.234 billion Liègians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The enormous, liberal government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Ricads. The average income tax rate is 96.4%.
The frighteningly efficient Liegesian economy, worth a remarkable 1,077 trillion Ownuans a year, is highly specialized and dominated by the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Tourism, and Furniture Restoration. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 148,974 Ownuans, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Major cities shut down as their local sports team takes to the field every day, Lieges is notorious for its citizens' infidelity, public footpaths are being slowly eroded by the burgeoning number of ramblers, and the tenet of free speech is held dear. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Lieges's national animal is the Phoenix, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Atheism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Lieges, the tenet of free speech is held dear.
- : Lieges was reclassified from "Scandinavian Liberal Paradise" to "Left-wing Utopia".
- : Following new legislation in Lieges, public footpaths are being slowly eroded by the burgeoning number of ramblers.
- : Following new legislation in Lieges, Lieges is notorious for its citizens' infidelity.
- : Following new legislation in Lieges, major cities shut down as their local sports team takes to the field every day.
- : Following new legislation in Lieges, drunk drivers are sent to rehabilitation paid for by the government.
- : Following new legislation in Lieges, the government is spending millions on renovating the public transportation system.
- : Lieges voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Law Enforcement Education"".
- : Following new legislation in Lieges, government ministers are regularly seen in the streets confessing their sins and hammering missiles into plow-shares.
- : Following new legislation in Lieges, L-SPAN viewership drops as MPs act their age.
Endorsements Received: 60 » Jenesia, Foucaults garden, Lexembourg, The Seven Provinces, Alsted, The City-State of Vienna, Tigyland, An Clar, Fenian Provinces, Dauershire, Novo Portugal, Wombelland, Imperium Anglorum, Basque Dominion, Northern German Federation, Troltovia, The Nether Regions, Strajalands, Bescherelle, Polonilandia, Tuccistahn, East Arc, Ecclestia, Outer Sparta, The Zionward Union, Dacian Freelands, Woschia, Eurosceptic Citizens, Saudi Canadia, Agrase, North of Americas, Fortia, Bohomo, Kwakwakutlopia, Eicant, Vesterheim, Imperialist German Empire, MSolandish Empire, Alldyn, Newmere, Green Counties, The Lion of Damascus, BARSUNA, La Jermania, Ayasofya, Vinternia, Albertinum, Ebin, Mynox, AirstripZero, and 10 others.Bearhinoland, Zinoquia, Cha0sNation, The Blakeley Isles, Huygevoort, Czechlands, Continental Social Democrats, Zifre, Allenshire, and Lovisa.