The United Republic of Lieges is a colossal, genial nation, ruled by President Potrus Soustas with a fair hand, and remarkable for its unlimited-speed roads, otherworldly petting zoo, and sprawling nuclear power plants. The compassionate, democratic population of 7.385 billion Liègians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The enormous, liberal, socially-minded government prioritizes Education, with Environment, Industry, and Healthcare also on the agenda, while Spirituality isn't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Ricads. The average income tax rate is 97.2%.
The frighteningly efficient Liegesian economy, worth a remarkable 1,166 trillion Ownuans a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is dominated by the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Information Technology, and Furniture Restoration. Average income is an impressive 157,912 Ownuans, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Students are known to arrive at school in their pyjamas, only AI know why the nation is rapidly increasing its semiconductor stockpile, the mining industry has taken a hit from tighter environmental regulations, and the government recently relinquished its monopoly on the mail service. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Lieges's national animal is the Phoenix, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Atheism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Lieges was endorsed by The Constitutional Monarchy of Fossekallen.
- : Lieges was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Workforce Participation Rate.
- : Following new legislation in Lieges, the government recently relinquished its monopoly on the mail service.
- : Following new legislation in Lieges, the mining industry has taken a hit from tighter environmental regulations.
- : Following new legislation in Lieges, only AI know why the nation is rapidly increasing its semiconductor stockpile.
- : Following new legislation in Lieges, students are known to arrive at school in their pyjamas.
- : Following new legislation in Lieges, international tensions are high as Lieges threatens any government with the audacity to arrest its citizens.
- : Lieges voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Convention on Execution"".
- : Following new legislation in Lieges, tourists outnumber citizens two to one.
- : Following new legislation in Lieges, teachers are routinely tested to keep their jobs.
Endorsements Received: 58 » Jenesia, Foucaults garden, Lexembourg, The Seven Provinces, Alsted, The City-State of Vienna, Tigyland, An Clar, Fenian Provinces, Dauershire, Novo Portugal, Wombelland, Imperium Anglorum, Basque Dominion, Northern German Federation, Troltovia, The Nether Regions, Strajalands, Polonilandia, East Arc, Outer Sparta, The Zionward Union, Dacian Freelands, Woschia, Eurosceptic Citizens, Saudi Canadia, Agrase, North of Americas, Fortia, Bohomo, Kwakwakutlopia, Eicant, Vesterheim, Imperialist German Empire, MSolandish Empire, Alldyn, Newmere, Green Counties, The Lion of Damascus, La Jermania, Ayasofya, Vinternia, Albertinum, Ebin, Mynox, AirstripZero, Bearhinoland, Zinoquia, Cha0sNation, The Blakeley Isles, and 8 others.Huygevoort, Czechlands, Continental Social Democrats, Zifre, Lovisa, The European Federation-, Dragao da Luz, and Fossekallen.