The United Republic of Lieges is a colossal, socially progressive nation, ruled by President Potrus Soustas with a fair hand, and renowned for its pith helmet sales, unlimited-speed roads, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic population of 7.741 billion Liègians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The enormous, socially-minded, outspoken government prioritizes Education, with Environment, Industry, and Healthcare also on the agenda, while Spirituality isn't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Ricads. The average income tax rate is 97.9%.
The frighteningly efficient Liegesian economy, worth a remarkable 1,294 trillion Ownuans a year, is highly specialized and led by the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Tourism, and Furniture Restoration. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 167,180 Ownuans, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Scientists regularly clone human beings for research purposes, town nameplates frequently raise giggles from passing tourists, advertisers scramble to sponsor the broadcast of President Potrus Soustas's most personal functions, and mothers are routinely abandoning their children in the name of women's rights. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Lieges's national animal is the Phoenix, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Atheism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Lieges voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Condemn the Pacific"".
- : Following new legislation in Lieges, mothers are routinely abandoning their children in the name of women's rights.
- : Following new legislation in Lieges, advertisers scramble to sponsor the broadcast of President Potrus Soustas's most personal functions.
- : Following new legislation in Lieges, town nameplates frequently raise giggles from passing tourists.
- : Following new legislation in Lieges, scientists regularly clone human beings for research purposes.
- : Following new legislation in Lieges, dozens of additional foreign policy specialists have been sent to the country's WA Mission.
- : Following new legislation in Lieges, every new building project has to undergo a five-year environmental impact study before it can go ahead.
- : Following new legislation in Lieges, election results are often delayed for weeks to count the expat votes.
- : Following new legislation in Lieges, citizens are allowed to rise or fall based on their own merits.
- : Lieges was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Advanced Law Enforcement.
Endorsements Received: 56 » Jenesia, Foucaults garden, Lexembourg, The Seven Provinces, Alsted, The City-State of Vienna, Tigyland, An Clar, Fenian Provinces, Dauershire, Novo Portugal, Wombelland, Imperium Anglorum, Basque Dominion, Northern German Federation, Troltovia, Polonilandia, East Arc, The Zionward Union, Dacian Freelands, Woschia, Eurosceptic Citizens, Saudi Canadia, Agrase, North of Americas, Fortia, Bohomo, Kwakwakutlopia, Eicant, MSolandish Empire, Newmere, Green Counties, The Lion of Damascus, La Jermania, Ayasofya, Vinternia, Albertinum, Ebin, Mynox, AirstripZero, Bearhinoland, Huygevoort, Continental Social Democrats, Lovisa, The European Federation-, Fossekallen, Allisonium, Templar Republic, The Poland-Lithuania Commonwealth, Cha0sNation, and 6 others.Slavorussia, Teruel, Qerisiana, Union of the north, Blighteria, and Kalmara.