“Pe trau or sousmatisse remout ar'ouais”
|Category: Psychotic Dictatorship|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Indissolvable Empire of Lieges is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Emperor Atritus IV with an iron fist, and notable for its punitive income tax rates. The hard-nosed, cynical population of 3.969 billion, 2.918 billion of whom are zombies, Liegesians are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt, moralistic government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Defence, Education, and Commerce. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Riceau. The average income tax rate is 99%. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
Scientists regularly clone human beings for research purposes, all forms of advertising are banned, illegal hunting is rife after veganism was recently made compulsory, and violent criminals are doomed to be hunted by a psychotic billionaire. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Lieges's national animal is the Phoenix, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, its national religion is Anselism, and its currency is the Ownuan.
Lieges is currently considering its options.
Most Recent Government Activity: 20 hours ago
- 13 hours ago: Following new legislation in Lieges, violent criminals are doomed to be hunted by a psychotic billionaire.
- 13 hours ago: Following new legislation in Lieges, illegal hunting is rife after veganism was recently made compulsory.
- 1 day 13 hours ago: Lieges was reclassified from "Iron Fist Consumerists" to "Psychotic Dictatorship".
- 1 day 13 hours ago: Following new legislation in Lieges, all forms of advertising are banned.
- 1 day 13 hours ago: Following new legislation in Lieges, scientists regularly clone human beings for research purposes.
- 2 days 13 hours ago: Following new legislation in Lieges, the government is notorious for leaving citizens with almost nothing from their inheritance.
- 2 days 16 hours ago: Lieges voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate The International Communist Union"".
- 3 days 1 hour ago: Lieges was reclassified from "Psychotic Dictatorship" to "Iron Fist Consumerists".
- 3 days 1 hour ago: Following new legislation in Lieges, the government's only official statement on the burning down of Riceau was that 'they shouldn't have been so careless'.
- 3 days 1 hour ago: Following new legislation in Lieges, terrified tympanists are finding themselves on the front lines armed only with kettledrums.
Endorsements Received: 30 » Jenesia, Foucaults garden, Lexembourg, The Seven Provinces, Alsted, Keris, Toongoosia, Eurosceptic Citizens, Sybaritic Socialists, The City-State of Vienna, Echo von Cotta, Tigyland, An Clar, Outer Prussia, Lenis, Turukelia, Norse German Federation, Horreum, Fenian Provinces, Unicorania, Dauershire, Pileusia, IB kingdom, Daircoill, Confederate United America, New Tredania, Novo Portugal, Zaur and Eldor, Termunus, and Axtro-Saxonia.