“Pe trau or sousmatisse remout ar'ouais”
|Category: Iron Fist Consumerists|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Indissolvable Empire of Lieges is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Emperor Atritus IV with an iron fist, and notable for its complete lack of prisons. The hard-nosed, cynical population of 4.124 billion Liegesians are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt, moralistic government stops and the rest of society begins, but it concentrates mainly on Defence, although Education and Law & Order are on the agenda. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Riceau. The average income tax rate is 98%. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
Consumption of cat memes has skyrocketed, all marriages are arranged by the government, most people suffer from some form of hearing loss, and military spending is on the increase. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Lieges's national animal is the Phoenix, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, its national religion is Anselism, and its currency is the Ownuan.
Most Recent Government Activity: 2 days 10 hours ago
- 1 day 17 hours ago: Lieges was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Police Ratios (last census: Top 10%).
- 2 days 7 hours ago: Following new legislation in Lieges, military spending is on the increase.
- 2 days 7 hours ago: Following new legislation in Lieges, most people suffer from some form of hearing loss.
- 2 days 7 hours ago: Following new legislation in Lieges, all marriages are arranged by the government.
- 2 days 7 hours ago: Following new legislation in Lieges, consumption of cat memes has skyrocketed.
- 2 days 10 hours ago: Lieges voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Foreign Patent Recognition".
- 5 days ago: Following new legislation in Lieges, the nation refuses to provide international aid.
- 5 days ago: Following new legislation in Lieges, train stations can be 'armful places.
- 5 days ago: Following new legislation in Lieges, there has been a series of riots between local cannibals and health food advocates.
- 5 days ago: Following new legislation in Lieges, people are moving into treehouses in record numbers.
Endorsements Received: 29 » Jenesia, Foucaults garden, Lexembourg, The Seven Provinces, Alsted, Keris, Toongoosia, Eurosceptic Citizens, Sybaritic Socialists, The City-State of Vienna, Echo von Cotta, Tigyland, An Clar, Outer Prussia, Norse German Federation, Horreum, Fenian Provinces, Unicorania, Dauershire, Pileusia, IB kingdom, Daircoill, Confederate United America, New Tredania, Novo Portugal, Zaur and Eldor, Termunus, Axtro-Saxonia, and Makidon.