The United Republic of Lieges is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by President Potrus Soustas with a fair hand, and notable for its multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, sprawling nuclear power plants, and ubiquitous missile silos. The compassionate, democratic, humorless population of 6.308 billion Liègians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The enormous, corrupt, socially-minded, outspoken government prioritizes Education, with Environment, Industry, and Healthcare also on the agenda, while Spirituality isn't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Ricads. The average income tax rate is 83.9%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Liegesian economy, worth 675 trillion Ownuans a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Furniture Restoration, Tourism, and Basket Weaving. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 107,030 Ownuans, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Radio shows frequently feature people denouncing religion, the government has instituted 'traveller reservations' across the country, commercial jingles have been ham-handedly forced into world renowned symphonies, and photographers can be found hiding behind the curtains in President Potrus Soustas's bedroom. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Lieges's national animal is the Phoenix, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Atheism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Lieges, photographers can be found hiding behind the curtains in President Potrus Soustas's bedroom.
- : Following new legislation in Lieges, commercial jingles have been ham-handedly forced into world renowned symphonies.
- : Following new legislation in Lieges, the government has instituted 'traveller reservations' across the country.
- : Following new legislation in Lieges, radio shows frequently feature people denouncing religion.
- : Lieges voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Reproductive Freedoms"".
- : Following new legislation in Lieges, disadvantaged neighbourhoods have become no-go areas after sundown.
- : Following new legislation in Lieges, the government keeps introducing new foreign species to combat the previous ones it has introduced.
- : Following new legislation in Lieges, Saturday morning cartoons feature full frontal nudity.
- : Following new legislation in Lieges, polygamy is legal.
- : Lieges endorsed The Principality of Hamilton-by-sea.
Endorsements Received: 33 » Jenesia, Foucaults garden, Lexembourg, The Seven Provinces, Alsted, The City-State of Vienna, Tigyland, An Clar, Fenian Provinces, Dauershire, Novo Portugal, Prinx, Wombelland, Imperium Anglorum, Basque Dominion, Northern German Federation, Bluegoodland, Troltovia, The Nether Regions, Strajalands, Bescherelle, Feux, Polonilandia, Tuccistahn, East Arc, Ecclestia, Outer Sparta, The Zionward Union, Dacian Freelands, Woschia, Seaton, Eurosceptic Citizens, and Hamilton-by-sea.