“In all we believe- Sousmatisse remout ar'ouais”
|Category: Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Democratic Republic of Lieges is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by President Potrus Soustas with an even hand, and remarkable for its sprawling nuclear power plants. Its compassionate, intelligent population of 2.547 billion are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Defence, Education, and Commerce. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Ricads. The average income tax rate is 94%, and even higher for the wealthy. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Book Publishing industry, followed by Information Technology and Tourism.
Radio shows frequently feature people denouncing religion, houses and businesses are bulldozed to make way for ever-expanding cemeteries, the arms industry is strictly regulated, and citizens are frequently searched for illegal weapons. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Lieges's national animal is the Phoenix, its national religion is Atheism, and its currency is the Ownuan.
Most Recent Government Activity: 28 minutes ago
- 18 minutes ago: Lieges voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate Anarchy".
- 1 day 2 hours ago: Lieges was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Safest (last census: Top 10%).
- 1 day 15 hours ago: Lieges was reclassified from "Left-Leaning College State" to "Democratic Socialists".
- 1 day 15 hours ago: Following new legislation in Lieges, citizens are frequently searched for illegal weapons.
- 1 day 15 hours ago: Following new legislation in Lieges, the arms industry is strictly regulated.
- 2 days ago: Lieges voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Responsible Armaments Trading".
- 2 days 15 hours ago: Following new legislation in Lieges, houses and businesses are bulldozed to make way for ever-expanding cemeteries.
- 3 days 3 hours ago: Following new legislation in Lieges, radio shows frequently feature people denouncing religion.
- 3 days 15 hours ago: Following new legislation in Lieges, protests are legal but strictly supervised.
- 3 days 15 hours ago: Following new legislation in Lieges, schools have extensive counseling programs for troubled students.
Endorsements Received: 23 » Jenesia, Foucaults garden, Lexembourg, Ivernia, The Seven Provinces, Alsted, Keris, Toongoosia, Eurosceptic Citizens, Each-Uisge, Sybaritic Socialists, The City-State of Vienna, Echo von Cotta, Novo Portugal, Vanbrugh, Monance, Domanouq, Bylantia, Jovan Balac, Tigyland, An Clar, Outer Prussia, and Stato Mentale di Monza e Brianza II.