“Pe trau or sousmatisse remout ar'ouais”
|Category: Corrupt Dictatorship|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Indissolvable Empire of Lieges is a massive, genial nation, ruled by Emperor Atritus IV with an iron fist, and notable for its parental licensing program. The compassionate, cynical population of 3.373 billion Liegesians are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Defence, Education, and Commerce. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Riceau. The average income tax rate is 98%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Information Technology industry, followed by Book Publishing and Tourism.
Citizens receive notices of disenfranchisement along with their parking tickets, many parents are becoming frustrated with their children's choices in spouses, Phoenix populations thrive as dogs are slaughtered in the millions, and citizens wishing to be parents must undertake a series of gruelling tests to evaluate their capabilities. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Lieges's national animal is the Phoenix, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, its national religion is Anselism, and its currency is the Ownuan.
Most Recent Government Activity: 9 minutes ago
- 3 hours ago: Following new legislation in Lieges, citizens wishing to be parents must undertake a series of gruelling tests to evaluate their capabilities.
- 3 hours ago: Following new legislation in Lieges, Phoenix populations thrive as dogs are slaughtered in the millions.
- 13 hours ago: Lieges voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Convention on Fracking".
- 1 day 3 hours ago: Lieges was reclassified from "Democratic Socialists" to "Corrupt Dictatorship".
- 1 day 3 hours ago: Following new legislation in Lieges, many parents are becoming frustrated with their children's choices in spouses.
- 1 day 3 hours ago: Following new legislation in Lieges, citizens receive notices of disenfranchisement along with their parking tickets.
- 1 day 3 hours ago: Following new legislation in Lieges, the nation's leader appoints ministers directly.
- 2 days 4 hours ago: Lieges was endorsed by The Grand Kingdom of Belique.
- 2 days 15 hours ago: Following new legislation in Lieges, the minority inevitably have their addenda vetoed.
- 2 days 21 hours ago: Lieges voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend McMasterdonia".
Endorsements Received: 34 » Jenesia, Foucaults garden, Lexembourg, Ivernia, The Seven Provinces, Alsted, Keris, Toongoosia, Eurosceptic Citizens, Each-Uisge, Sybaritic Socialists, The City-State of Vienna, Echo von Cotta, Novo Portugal, Vanbrugh, Monance, Tigyland, An Clar, Outer Prussia, Welsh Valley, Chiolena, Lenis, Turukelia, Athos and Byzantium, Ecclestia, Norse German Federation, Horreum, Esterbourne, Fenian Provinces, Unicorania, Zavalka, Dauershire, Pileusia, and Heusdendaal.