The United Republic of Lieges is a colossal, genial nation, ruled by President Potrus Soustas with an even hand, and remarkable for its smutty television, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and restrictive gun laws. The compassionate, democratic population of 8.27 billion Liègians enjoy extensive civil rights and enjoy a level of social equality free from the usual accompanying government corruption.
The enormous government prioritizes Education, with Environment, Industry, and Healthcare also on the agenda, while Spirituality receives no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Ricads. The average income tax rate is 98.6%.
The frighteningly efficient Liegesian economy, worth a remarkable 1,466 trillion Ownuans a year, is highly specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Basket Weaving. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 177,328 Ownuans, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Copyright laws have been abolished, scenic mountain valleys are flooded with water as damming projects get underway, police escort anti-abortion activists to free speech cages if they try to express their views, and the 'kind of scrawny' 500 meter hurdle is a popular event. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Lieges's national animal is the Phoenix, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Atheism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Lieges was endorsed by The Kingdom of Latogne.
- : Lieges voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate The NSIA".
- : Following new legislation in Lieges, the 'kind of scrawny' 500 meter hurdle is a popular event.
- : Following new legislation in Lieges, police escort anti-abortion activists to free speech cages if they try to express their views.
- : Lieges was reclassified from "Left-wing Utopia" to "Scandinavian Liberal Paradise".
- : Following new legislation in Lieges, scenic mountain valleys are flooded with water as damming projects get underway.
- : Following new legislation in Lieges, copyright laws have been abolished.
- : Following new legislation in Lieges, abortions are routinely performed in Lieges's hospitals.
- : Following new legislation in Lieges, burning twigs to keep warm while lost in the wild is now a felony.
- : Following new legislation in Lieges, eerie glow-in-the-dark cornfields give farmlands an uncanny appearance.
Endorsements Received: 65 » Jenesia, Foucaults garden, Lexembourg, The Seven Provinces, Alsted, The City-State of Vienna, Tigyland, An Clar, Fenian Provinces, Dauershire, Novo Portugal, Wombelland, Imperium Anglorum, Basque Dominion, Northern German Federation, Troltovia, East Arc, Dacian Freelands, Woschia, Saudi Canadia, Agrase, North of Americas, Fortia, Bohomo, Eicant, Newmere, Green Counties, The Lion of Damascus, La Jermania, Vinternia, Albertinum, Ebin, Mynox, AirstripZero, Bearhinoland, Huygevoort, Lovisa, The European Federation-, Fossekallen, Allisonium, Templar Republic, The Poland-Lithuania Commonwealth, Cha0sNation, Slavorussia, Teruel, Qerisiana, Union of the north, Blighteria, Kalmara, DGAF No-2, and 15 others.Evka, Outer Sparta, The New Nordic Union, Silvecia, Continental Social Democrats, Maurelius, The Jedi-Zombi Jezus, Ahma, The Fair Republic, Balkan Men, Dark Matter, Myrenia, Singularity of the Will, Stiernmark, and Latogne.