The United Republic of Lieges is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by President Potrus Soustas with a fair hand, and renowned for its national health service, restrictive gun laws, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic, humorless population of 6.742 billion Liègians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The enormous, socially-minded, outspoken government prioritizes Education, with Industry, Environment, and Healthcare also on the agenda, while Spirituality receives no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Ricads. The average income tax rate is 95.2%.
The frighteningly efficient Liegesian economy, worth 821 trillion Ownuans a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Furniture Restoration, Information Technology, and Basket Weaving. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 121,907 Ownuans, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
President Potrus Soustas's mistress is the belle at many state balls, the nation's image rights are the strictest in the world, nude art is becoming wildly popular, and new safety regulations require all cars manufactured in Lieges to be bombproof. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Lieges's national animal is the Phoenix, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Atheism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Lieges, new safety regulations require all cars manufactured in Lieges to be bombproof.
- : Following new legislation in Lieges, nude art is becoming wildly popular.
- : Following new legislation in Lieges, the nation's image rights are the strictest in the world.
- : Following new legislation in Lieges, President Potrus Soustas's mistress is the belle at many state balls.
- : Following new legislation in Lieges, soldiers are equipped with multi-million Ownuan battlesuits.
- : Following new legislation in Lieges, businesses that prove successful are immediately broken up.
- : Lieges voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Explosive Remnants of War".
- : Lieges was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Longest Average Lifespans.
- : Following new legislation in Lieges, houses and businesses are bulldozed to make way for ever-expanding cemeteries.
- : Following new legislation in Lieges, the nation leads Europe in per capita stalking.
Endorsements Received: 49 » Jenesia, Foucaults garden, Lexembourg, The Seven Provinces, Alsted, The City-State of Vienna, Tigyland, An Clar, Fenian Provinces, Dauershire, Novo Portugal, Prinx, Wombelland, Imperium Anglorum, Basque Dominion, Northern German Federation, Bluegoodland, Troltovia, The Nether Regions, Strajalands, Bescherelle, Polonilandia, Tuccistahn, East Arc, Ecclestia, Outer Sparta, The Zionward Union, Dacian Freelands, Woschia, Seaton, Eurosceptic Citizens, Hamilton-by-sea, Saudi Canadia, Agrase, North of Americas, Rahvav, Fortia, Bohomo, Kwakwakutlopia, Eicant, Great Britain and N-Ireland, Vesterheim, Imperialist German Empire, Sobluruk, MSolandish Empire, Sant Engordany, Alldyn, Newmere, and Zinoquia.