The Calm and Peaceful Island of Lideon is a colossal, safe nation, ruled by Lord TriPeace with an iron fist, and remarkable for its zero percent divorce rate, irreverence towards religion, and suspicion of poets. The hard-nosed, cynical population of 5.738 billion Lideons are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The medium-sized, corrupt, well-organized government prioritizes Law & Order, with Education, Industry, and Environment also on the agenda, while Spirituality is ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Lid TriPeace. The average income tax rate is 75.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Lideon economy, worth 544 trillion Linds a year, is driven entirely by government activity. The industrial sector is mostly comprised of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 94,911 Linds, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.5 times as much as the poorest.
The nation's air missiles have killed thousands of Brasilistan military personnel, elite teams of assassins have been sent into Brasilistan, 'Coloniser-in-Chief' has become Lord TriPeace's new moniker, and Brasilistanis face layers of paperwork in a different language just to visit a doctor. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Lideon's national animal is the Liger, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is All Hail Our Lord And Master TriPeace.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Lideon, Brasilistanis face layers of paperwork in a different language just to visit a doctor.
- : Lideon was endorsed by The People's Republic of Zazumo.
- : Lideon endorsed The Itsy Bitsy Spider of Kialga-Lourti.
- : Lideon fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Pacifist.
- : Following new legislation in Lideon, 'Coloniser-in-Chief' has become Lord TriPeace's new moniker.
- : Lideon was endorsed by The Itsy Bitsy Spider of Kialga-Lourti.
- : Following new legislation in Lideon, elite teams of assassins have been sent into Brasilistan.
- : Following new legislation in Lideon, the nation's air missiles have killed thousands of Brasilistan military personnel.
- : Following new legislation in Lideon, carpet bombing has decimated Brasilistan's landscape and population.
- : Lideon changed its national capital to "Lid TriPeace".
Endorsements Received: 30 » Tortoisica, Grosseschnauzer, Melfi, Territorio di Nessuno, Dodonest, Norvalkin, Lionia, Plembobria, New Sekai, Sasten, HMS Unicorn, Belhomme, The Flapping Spaghetti Monster, McMasterdonia, Zemnaya Svoboda, Selfgradatude, The Hinterland, Augustla, Klausenbourg, Kalatun, Xentherida, Hiskjriaana, Guslantis, SillyString, The Democratic Republic of Tomb, South Isles, Lord Ravenclaw, Razzym, Kialga-Lourti, and Zazumo.