The Republic of Libertarian Washington is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by Benjamin Franklin with a fair hand, and notable for its sprawling nuclear power plants, smutty television, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, humorless, devout population of 10.171 billion Libertarian Washingtonians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The enormous, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Spirituality. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Libertarian Franklin. The average income tax rate is 42.9%.
The all-consuming Libertarian Washingtonian economy, worth 650 trillion Gold Standards a year, is quite specialized and dominated by the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Retail, Woodchip Exports, and Tourism. Average income is 63,968 Gold Standards, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.4 times as much as the poorest.
The new 'Things We Stole From Other Countries' exhibition at the National Museum of Antiquities is a hit, the national guard is mobilized whenever a mother gets separated from her child at the mall, the Coast Guard is pioneering a quixotic program to train fish, and government ministers are regularly seen in the streets confessing their sins and hammering missiles into plow-shares. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force. Libertarian Washington's national animal is the King Cobra, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is Freedom of Choice.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Libertarian Washington fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Influential.
- : Libertarian Washington's influence in The United States of Amoncolia rose from "Power" to "Superpower".
- : Libertarian Washington's influence in The United States of Amoncolia fell from "Superpower" to "Power".
- : Libertarian Washington endorsed The Colony of Kastrosia.
- : Libertarian Washington updated the World Factbook entry in The United States of Amoncolia.
- : Libertarian Washington lodged a message on the The United States of Amoncolia Regional Message Board.
- : Libertarian Washington's influence in The United States of Amoncolia fell from "Dominator" to "Superpower".
- : Libertarian Washington's influence in The United States of Amoncolia fell from "Hermit" to "Dominator".
- : Libertarian Washington's influence in The United States of Amoncolia rose from "Minnow" to "Hermit".
- : Libertarian Washington voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate Congress of Armed Proletarian States"".
Endorsements Received: None.