“Capitalism: Back by Popular Demand”
Regional Influence: Vassal
The Confederate States of Liberosia is a massive, devout nation, ruled by President Ronald Reagan with an even hand, and remarkable for its complete lack of public education. Its hard-nosed, hard-working population of 3.938 billion enjoy some of the most opulent lifestyles in the region, unless they are unemployed or working-class, in which case they are variously starving to death or crippled by easily preventable diseases.
There is no government in the normal sense of the word; however, a small group of community-minded, liberal, pro-business individuals juggles the competing demands of Defence, Commerce, and Law & Order. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Liberosian Capitalism. Income tax is unheard of. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, followed by Automobile Manufacturing and Information Technology.
The "Underwear of Women in Power" issue of The Liberosian Capitalism Times is sold out, seafood restaurants assure customers 'If it lives in the sea, it's on our menu', the commercialisation of highly deadly weapons has instilled Liberosia with a very polite populace, and employers may fire workers without giving any reason. Crime is crippling. Liberosia's national animal is the elephant, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, its national religion is Christianity, and its currency is the bitcoin.
Most Recent Government Activity: 11 hours ago
- 4 days ago: Liberosia lodged a message on the Libertatem Regional Message Board.
- 4 days ago: Liberosia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Cheese Export Sector.
- 5 days ago: Liberosia's influence in Libertatem rose from "Minnow" to "Vassal".
- 7 days ago: Liberosia allowed WA Delegate access to Regional Control in Libertatem.
- 10 days ago: Liberosia updated the World Factbook entry in Libertatem.
- 10 days ago: Liberosia fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Publishing Industry.
- 13 days ago: Liberosia lodged a message on the Libertatem Regional Message Board.
- 13 days ago: Liberosia barred WA Delegate access to Regional Control in Libertatem.
- 14 days ago: Liberosia fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Retail Industry.
- 15 days ago: Liberosia fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Scientifically Advanced.