“Water and leaf.”
|Category: Left-wing Utopia|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Forests of Liberated Antarctica is a colossal, cultured nation, notable for its keen interest in outer space. The compassionate, intelligent population of 5.517 billion Liberated Antarcticans are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, liberal government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, the Environment, and Social Equality. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Vostok Pinnacle. The average income tax rate is 99%. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
Pharmacies close down as medicinal drugs are sold freely by the government, all forms of advertising are banned, a well-funded social safety net protects the unfortunate, and the government has begun selling heroin and ecstasy to help fund its projects. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is crippling, probably because of the country's utter lack of prisons. Liberated Antarctica's national animal is the Gryfon, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the Ethos.
Most Recent Government Activity: 3 days 13 hours ago
- 1 day 9 hours ago: Liberated Antarctica was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Happiest Citizens.
- 3 days 9 hours ago: Liberated Antarctica was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Least Corrupt Governments.
- 3 days 13 hours ago: Liberated Antarctica altered its national flag.
- 3 days 13 hours ago: Liberated Antarctica was refounded in Lazarus.
- 117 days ago: Liberated Antarctica ceased to exist.
- 119 days ago: Liberated Antarctica was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Public Transport Department.
- 122 days ago: Liberated Antarctica was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Nicest Citizens.
- 126 days ago: Liberated Antarctica was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Pacifist.
- 129 days ago: Liberated Antarctica was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Extensive Civil Rights.
- 135 days ago: Liberated Antarctica fell out of the world Top 1% for Highest Drug Use.