“We enjoy the view from the left, don't you?”
Regional Influence: Superpower
The Democratic Republic of Liberal Pi is a gargantuan, economically powerful nation, ruled by Leader with a fair hand, and renowned for its complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 17.444 billion Liberal Pians live in a state of perpetual fear, as a complete breakdown of social order has led to the rise of order through biker gangs.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it devotes most of its attentions to the Environment, with areas such as Religion & Spirituality and Social Equality receiving almost no funds by comparison. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Liberal Pi City. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 7%. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Gambling industry.
Euthanasia is legal, citizens are regularly arrested in queues for 'loitering', college students make ends meet by selling their kidneys, and the government is spending billions of taxpayer libers to support the Gambling industry. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is crippling. Liberal Pi's national animal is the donkey, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the liber.
Most Recent Government Activity: 13 days ago
- 20 days ago: Liberal Pi applied to join the World Assembly.
- 20 days ago: Liberal Pi relocated from Balder to Democrats.
- 20 days ago: Liberal Pi was refounded in Balder.
- 21 days ago: Liberal Pi ceased to exist.
- 29 days ago: Liberal Pi fell out of the regional Top 10% for Lowest Overall Tax Burden.
- 43 days ago: Liberal Pi's influence in Democrats rose from "Power" to "Superpower".
- 71 days ago: Liberal Pi fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Extreme.
- 75 days ago: Liberal Pi was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Lowest Overall Tax Burden (last census: Top 5%).
- 90 days ago: Liberal Pi fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Populations.
- 101 days ago: Liberal Pi fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Pro-Market.