“Dirigo (I lead)”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: The Liberty League
The Republic of Lese is a massive, genial nation, ruled by President Mamu with an even hand, and notable for its barren, inhospitable landscape. The compassionate, intelligent population of 2.1 billion Leseans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Social Equality. The average income tax rate is 22%, but much higher for the wealthy. A healthy private sector is led by the Woodchip Exports, Arms Manufacturing, and Door-to-door Insurance Sales industries.
Gambling addicts regularly lose their families' nest eggs at Native Leseite casinos, skateparks can be found in every city, councils up and down the country wrangle over legal matters, and crime is on the rise as DNA sampling has been all but outlawed. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is a serious problem, and the police force struggles against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Lese's national animal is the dog, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, its national religion is Lensi, and its currency is the lee.
Most Recent Government Activity: 15 days ago
- 10 days ago: Lese was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Average.
- 10 days ago: Lese was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Average.
- 15 days ago: Lese relocated from Old Okatama to The Liberty League.
- 15 days ago: Lese lodged a message on the Old Okatama Regional Message Board.
- 16 days ago: Lese was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Avoided.
- 16 days ago: Lese lodged a message on the Old Okatama Regional Message Board.
- 17 days ago: Lese relocated from Osiris to Old Okatama.
- 17 days ago: Lese was refounded in Osiris.
- 2 years 72 days ago: Lese ceased to exist.
- 2 years 91 days ago: Lese was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Least Corrupt Governments.