|Category: Civil Rights Lovefest|
Regional Influence: Powerbroker
Location: Federation of Free States
The Republic of Lesbia is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by President O'Brian with a fair hand, and renowned for its complete absence of social welfare. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic population of 6.398 billion Lesbians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, liberal government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Lesbia City. The average income tax rate is 46.4%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Lesbian economy, worth 356 trillion Lesbian dollars a year, is extremely specialized and mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Furniture Restoration. Average income is 55,691 Lesbian dollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.2 times as much as the poorest.
Dog breeding has been banned in accordance with recent animal experimentation laws, truth is often impossible to tell from fiction on the evening news, military spending is on the increase, and unstable couples are known to break up over which one gets parental leave. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Lesbia's national animal is the Les, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is unofficially Christianity.
Lesbia is ranked 7th in Federation of Free States and 11,584th in the world for Most Beautiful Environments, with 350.65 Pounds of Wildlife less Pounds of Concrete per square mile.
Most Recent Government Activity: 2 days 13 hours ago
- 8 hours ago: Lesbia's influence in Federation of Free States rose from "Eminence Grise" to "Powerbroker".
- 1 day 8 hours ago: Lesbia was reclassified from "Left-Leaning College State" to "Civil Rights Lovefest".
- 3 days 8 hours ago: Following new legislation in Lesbia, unstable couples are known to break up over which one gets parental leave.
- 3 days 15 hours ago: Lesbia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Disabled Voters Act".
- 4 days ago: Lesbia fell out of the world Top 10% for Fastest-Growing Economies.
- 4 days ago: Lesbia fell out of the regional Top 10% for Fastest-Growing Economies.
- 10 days ago: Following new legislation in Lesbia, military spending is on the increase.
- 11 days ago: Lesbia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens (last census: Top 10%).
- 11 days ago: Following new legislation in Lesbia, truth is often impossible to tell from fiction on the evening news.
- 11 days ago: Lesbia lodged a message on the Federation of Free States Regional Message Board.