“Passion is a Fashion”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Eminence Grise
The Fifteen Billion Lemmings of Lemmingtopias is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by The Lemming Sage with an even hand, and remarkable for its national health service. The hard-nosed, intelligent population of 15.507 billion Lemmingtopiasians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Defence, Social Equality, and Education. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Lomapolis. The average income tax rate is 94%, and even higher for the wealthy. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Gambling industry, followed by Book Publishing and Tourism.
The government has started a campaign to crack down on road rage and encourage alternate means of commuting, nervous homeowners have been blamed for rising death rates amongst carol singers and locksmiths, consumption of cat memes has skyrocketed, and the government seeks peaceful forum with terrorists. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is crippling. Lemmingtopias's national animal is the Lemming, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is the Way of Gaia, and its currency is the Jelly Tot.
Most Recent Government Activity: 1 day 7 hours ago
- 1 day 11 hours ago: Lemmingtopias's influence in Atlantis fell from "Powerbroker" to "Eminence Grise".
- 3 days 23 hours ago: Lemmingtopias fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Cultured.
- 7 days ago: Lemmingtopias was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Least Corrupt Governments.
- 20 days ago: Lemmingtopias was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Scientifically Advanced.
- 21 days ago: Lemmingtopias's influence in Atlantis rose from "Eminence Grise" to "Powerbroker".
- 22 days ago: Lemmingtopias fell out of the regional Top 10% for Highest Average Tax Rates.
- 26 days ago: Lemmingtopias's influence in Atlantis fell from "Powerbroker" to "Eminence Grise".
- 33 days ago: Lemmingtopias was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Public Sector.
- 36 days ago: Lemmingtopias was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Defense Forces (last census: Top 10%).
- 37 days ago: Lemmingtopias's influence in Atlantis fell from "Power" to "Powerbroker".