“Lead in order to serve, not to rule”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Superpower
The Rim Empire of Legital is a massive, economically powerful nation, ruled by The High Emperor with an even hand, and renowned for its museums and concert halls. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 4.942 billion have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt government stops and the rest of society begins, but it concentrates mainly on Defence, although Education and Law & Order are secondary priorities. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Riloft. The average income tax rate is 87%, and even higher for the wealthy. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Information Technology industry, followed by Arms Manufacturing and Uranium Mining.
Libraries are bulldozed to make way for internet cafés, notable individuals are granted land and titles, the government has adopted a "Lightning Never Strikes Twice" approach to dealing with natural disasters, and the nation's infamous boot camp is more brutal than most battlefields. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Legital's national animal is the Raven, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, its national religion is Agnosticism, and its currency is the Credit .
Most Recent Government Activity: 12 hours ago
- 15 days ago: Legital was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Cultured (last census: Top 5%).
- 88 days ago: Legital fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Corrupt Governments.
- 165 days ago: Legital was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Cultured (last census: Top 10%).
- 184 days ago: Legital changed nation type to "Rim Empire".
- 200 days ago: Legital was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Police Ratios.
- 202 days ago: Legital was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Arms Manufacturing Sector.
- 214 days ago: Legital was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Corrupt Governments.
- 219 days ago: Legital was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Lowest Crime Rates (last census: Top 10%).
- 221 days ago: Legital was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Dedicated Public Healthcare.
- 251 days ago: Following new legislation in Legital, the nation's infamous boot camp is more brutal than most battlefields.