“Only in Death does Duty end.”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Hegemony
The Rim Empire of Legital is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by The Emperor with an even hand, and notable for its punitive income tax rates. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 7.572 billion Legitalians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt government stops and the rest of society begins, but it concentrates mainly on Defence, although Education and Law & Order are on the agenda. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Riloft. The average income tax rate is 87%, and even higher for the wealthy. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Information Technology industry, followed by Arms Manufacturing and Uranium Mining.
Libraries are bulldozed to make way for internet cafés, notable individuals are granted land and titles, the government has adopted a "Lightning Never Strikes Twice" approach to dealing with natural disasters, and the nation's infamous boot camp is more brutal than most battlefields. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Legital's national animal is the Raven, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution, its national religion is Imperial Cult, and its currency is the Credit.
Most Recent Government Activity: 1 day 9 hours ago
- 5 days ago: Legital's influence in Spacium fell from "Hermit" to "Hegemony".
- 18 days ago: Legital fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Populations.
- 50 days ago: Legital's influence in Spacium rose from "Hegemony" to "Hermit".
- 91 days ago: Legital was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Populations.
- 101 days ago: Legital's influence in Spacium fell from "Hermit" to "Hegemony".
- 102 days ago: Legital lodged a message on the Spacium Regional Message Board.
- 147 days ago: Legital was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Scientifically Advanced (last census: Top 10%).
- 216 days ago: Legital changed its national leader to "The Emperor", its currency to "Credit", its motto to "Only in Death does Duty end.", and its faith to "Imperial Cult".
- 220 days ago: Legital was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Scientifically Advanced.
- 259 days ago: Legital was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Dedicated Public Healthcare.