The Rim Empire of Legital is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by Emperor Rose II with an iron fist, and remarkable for its multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, irreverence towards religion, and punitive income tax rates. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless population of 11.555 billion Imperials are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The enormous, corrupt, socially-minded government prioritizes Defense, with Law & Order, Education, and Healthcare also on the agenda, while Spirituality receives no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Riloft. The average income tax rate is 97.2%.
The all-consuming Legitalian economy, worth a remarkable 1,948 trillion Credits a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Woodchip Exports, and Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 168,615 Credits, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Ten-year-olds regularly found their own political parties, the country has been 'going shopping' by annexing nearby nations for their resources, the LBI Channel Tunnel project is plagued by delays, and same-sex marriages are increasingly common. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Legital's national animal is the Raven, which can occasionally be seen dodging aircraft in the nation's cities, and its national religion is Imperial Cult.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Legital was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Timber Woodchipping Industry.
- : Following new legislation in Legital, same-sex marriages are increasingly common.
- : Following new legislation in Legital, the LBI Channel Tunnel project is plagued by delays.
- : Following new legislation in Legital, the country has been 'going shopping' by annexing nearby nations for their resources.
- : Legital was reclassified from "Democratic Socialists" to "Corrupt Dictatorship".
- : Following new legislation in Legital, ten-year-olds regularly found their own political parties.
- : Legital was reclassified from "Corrupt Dictatorship" to "Democratic Socialists".
- : Legital was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Advanced Law Enforcement.
- : Following new legislation in Legital, organised sports are frowned upon as frivolous.
- : Following new legislation in Legital, citizens wishing to leave the country must surrender half their wealth to the government.