“Only in Death does Duty end.”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Hermit
The Rim Empire of Legital is a colossal, economically powerful nation, ruled by The Emperor with an even hand, and remarkable for its barren, inhospitable landscape. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 7.885 billion Legitalians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt government stops and the rest of society begins, but it is mainly concerned with Defence, although Education and Law & Order are secondary priorities. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Riloft. The average income tax rate is 87%, and even higher for the wealthy. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Information Technology industry, followed by Arms Manufacturing and Uranium Mining.
Libraries are bulldozed to make way for internet cafés, notable individuals are granted land and titles, the government has adopted a "Lightning Never Strikes Twice" approach to dealing with natural disasters, and the nation's infamous boot camp is more brutal than most battlefields. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Legital's national animal is the Raven, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution, its national religion is Imperial Cult, and its currency is the Credit.
Most Recent Government Activity: 2 days 3 hours ago
- 12 days ago: Legital fell out of the world Top 10% for Healthiest Citizens.
- 33 days ago: Legital fell out of the world Top 10% for Highest Average Tax Rates.
- 40 days ago: Legital fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Dedicated Public Healthcare.
- 51 days ago: Legital's influence in Spacium rose from "Hegemony" to "Hermit".
- 52 days ago: Legital ejected and banned Enoetielitalain from Spacium.
- 52 days ago: Legital barred WA Delegate access to Regional Control in Spacium.
- 52 days ago: Legital added the tag "P2TM" to Spacium.
- 52 days ago: Legital removed the tag "FT: FTL" from Spacium.
- 52 days ago: Legital added the tag "Imperialist" to Spacium.
- 52 days ago: Legital added the tag "Independent" to Spacium.