The Rim Empire of Legital is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Emperor Rose II with an iron fist, and renowned for its frequent executions, pith helmet sales, and sprawling nuclear power plants. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless population of 11.704 billion Imperials are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The enormous, corrupt, socially-minded government prioritizes Defense, with Law & Order, Education, and Healthcare also on the agenda, while Spirituality is ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Riloft. The average income tax rate is 97.2%.
The all-consuming Legitalian economy, worth a remarkable 1,973 trillion Credits a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Woodchip Exports, and Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 168,615 Credits, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Ten-year-olds regularly found their own political parties, the country has been 'going shopping' by annexing nearby nations for their resources, the LBI Channel Tunnel project is plagued by delays, and same-sex marriages are increasingly common. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Legital's national animal is the Raven, which can occasionally be seen dodging aircraft in the nation's cities, and its national religion is Imperial Cult.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Legital was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Manufacturing Sector.
- : Legital was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Scientifically Advanced.
- : Legital was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Information Technology Sector.
- : Legital was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Lowest Crime Rates and the Top 5% for Most Influential.
- : Legital was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Highest Poor Incomes and the Top 5% for Highest Average Incomes and Most Corrupt Governments.
- : Legital was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Timber Woodchipping Industry.
- : Following new legislation in Legital, same-sex marriages are increasingly common.
- : Following new legislation in Legital, the LBI Channel Tunnel project is plagued by delays.
- : Following new legislation in Legital, the country has been 'going shopping' by annexing nearby nations for their resources.
- : Legital was reclassified from "Democratic Socialists" to "Corrupt Dictatorship".