The People and Government of Legalese is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by The High Court of Legalese with an even hand, and renowned for its anti-smoking policies, smutty television, and keen interest in outer space. The quiet, industrious population of 15.121 billion Legalites enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Education, Social Policy, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Legalese City. The average income tax rate is 92.5%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Legalesean economy, worth a remarkable 1,704 trillion Legal Exchange Units a year, is led by the Woodchip Exports industry, with major contributions from Uranium Mining, Book Publishing, and Furniture Restoration. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 112,724 Legal Exchange Units, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Euthanasia is legal, consumption of cat memes has skyrocketed, fancy dress parties are raided by military police for new recruits, and scenic mountain valleys are flooded with water as damming projects get underway. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Legalese's national animal is the Eagle, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution, and its national religion is The Legal Cult of Margaret.
Most Recent Government Activity: 14 hours ago
- 2 days 8 hours ago: Legalese's influence in Atlantian Oceania fell from "Duckspeaker" to "Handshaker".
- 3 days 21 hours ago: Legalese's influence in Atlantian Oceania rose from "Handshaker" to "Duckspeaker".
- 12 days ago: Legalese fell out of the regional Top 5% for Most Godforsaken.
- 17 days ago: Legalese was reclassified from "Scandinavian Liberal Paradise" to "Left-Leaning College State".
- 17 days ago: Following new legislation in Legalese, scenic mountain valleys are flooded with water as damming projects get underway.
- 17 days ago: Following new legislation in Legalese, fancy dress parties are raided by military police for new recruits.
- 17 days ago: Following new legislation in Legalese, consumption of cat memes has skyrocketed.
- 23 days ago: Legalese was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Lowest Crime Rates (last census: Top 5%).
- 23 days ago: Legalese fell out of the regional Top 5% for Lowest Crime Rates.
- 24 days ago: Legalese fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Defense Forces.