The People and Government of Legalese is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by The High Court of Legalese with an even hand, and remarkable for its frequent executions, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and punitive income tax rates. The quiet, industrious population of 16.205 billion Legalites enjoy extensive civil rights and enjoy a level of social equality free from the usual accompanying government corruption.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Education, Social Policy, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Legalese City. The average income tax rate is 93.4%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Legalesean economy, worth a remarkable 1,838 trillion Legal Exchange Units a year, is led by the Woodchip Exports industry, with major contributions from Uranium Mining, Book Publishing, and Furniture Restoration. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 113,442 Legal Exchange Units, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The nation has abandoned Brasilistan to its fate, The High Court of Legalese's mistress is the belle at many state balls, political parties are banned from advertising and receiving private donations, and the government is notorious for leaving citizens with almost nothing from their inheritance. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Legalese's national animal is the Eagle, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution, and its national religion is The Legal Cult of Margaret.
Legalese is ranked 26th in Atlantian Oceania and 17,480th in the world for Lowest Unemployment Rates, scoring 188 on the Workforce Participation Versus Theoretical Maximum Metric.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Legalese fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Extensive Civil Rights.
- : Legalese fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Extensive Civil Rights.
- : Legalese was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Inclusive.
- : Legalese was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Inclusive.
- : Legalese fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Developed.
- : Legalese was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Developed.
- : Legalese was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Furniture Restoration Industry.
- : Legalese was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Public Transport Department.
- : Legalese fell out of the regional Top 10% for Safest.
- : Following new legislation in Legalese, the government is notorious for leaving citizens with almost nothing from their inheritance.