“Service, Order, and Justice”
|Category: Scandinavian Liberal Paradise|
Regional Influence: Handshaker
Location: Atlantian Oceania
The People and Government of Legalese is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by The High Court of Legalese with an even hand, and notable for its punitive income tax rates, complete lack of prisons, and devotion to social welfare. The quiet, industrious population of 14.939 billion Legalites enjoy extensive civil rights and enjoy a level of social equality free from the usual accompanying government corruption.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Education, Social Policy, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Legalese City. The average income tax rate is 92.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Legalesean economy, worth a remarkable 1,676 trillion Legal Exchange Units a year, is led by the Woodchip Exports industry, with major contributions from Uranium Mining, Book Publishing, and Furniture Restoration. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 112,205 Legal Exchange Units, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Same-sex marriages are increasingly common, the government is avowedly atheist, Legalese is increasingly belligerent on the international stage, and euthanasia is legal. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Legalese's national animal is the Eagle, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution, and its national religion is The Legal Cult of Margaret.
Most Recent Government Activity: 6 hours ago
- 116 minutes ago: Legalese fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Public Transport Department.
- 7 days ago: Legalese fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Public Sector.
- 8 days ago: Legalese's influence in Atlantian Oceania fell from "Duckspeaker" to "Handshaker".
- 11 days ago: Legalese fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Avoided.
- 13 days ago: Legalese fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Avoided.
- 21 days ago: Legalese was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Public Transport Department (last census: Top 5%).
- 28 days ago: Legalese's influence in Atlantian Oceania rose from "Handshaker" to "Duckspeaker".
- 56 days ago: Legalese was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Public Sector (last census: Top 5%).
- 58 days ago: Legalese lodged a message on the Atlantian Oceania Regional Message Board.
- 61 days ago: Legalese was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Highest Average Tax Rates (last census: Top 5%).