The Co-Grand Duchy of Leepaidamba is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by co-Grand Dukes David I and Anna I with a fair hand, and notable for its hatred of cheese, punitive income tax rates, and restrictive gun laws. The compassionate, democratic population of 9.26 billion Leepaidambans love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, socially-minded, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Apeldoorn. The average income tax rate is 85.9%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The large but underdeveloped Leepaidamban economy, worth 342 trillion Amban Florins a year, is extremely specialized and mostly made up of the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 36,965 Amban Florins, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
CEOs can't hear the term 'Fire Sale' without bursting into tears, dozens of additional foreign policy specialists have been sent to the country's WA Mission, guns are banned, and anti-government political posters adorn every building like wallpaper. Crime is totally unknown. Leepaidamba's national animal is the rabit, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Antipantheism.
Most Recent Government Activity: 19 days ago
- 17 days ago: Leepaidamba fell out of the regional Top 10% for Highest Drug Use.
- 26 days ago: Leepaidamba fell out of the world Top 5% for Lowest Crime Rates.
- 38 days ago: Leepaidamba was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Beautiful Environments (last census: Top 10%).
- 55 days ago: Leepaidamba was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Best Weather (last census: Top 10%).
- 57 days ago: Leepaidamba was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Popular Tourist Destinations (last census: Top 10%).
- 104 days ago: Leepaidamba fell out of the world Top 10% for Nicest Citizens.
- 114 days ago: Leepaidamba was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Best Weather.
- 123 days ago: Leepaidamba was struck by a Cure Missile from The Freedom of TheSource, curing 1 million infected.
- 125 days ago: Leepaidamba fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Dedicated Public Healthcare.
- 146 days ago: Leepaidamba was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Healthiest Citizens.
Endorsements Received: None.