“Paene est non”
|Category: Liberal Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Handshaker
The Co-Grand Duchy of Leepaidamba is a colossal, genial nation, ruled by co-Grand Dukes David I and Anna I with a fair hand, and renowned for its unlimited-speed roads. The compassionate, intelligent population of 7.95 billion Leepaidambans love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Social Welfare, and Healthcare. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Apeldoorn. The average income tax rate is 83%, and even higher for the wealthy. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
CEOs can't hear the term 'Fire Sale' without bursting into tears, dozens of additional foreign policy specialists have been sent to the country's WA Mission, guns are banned, and anti-government political posters adorn every building like wallpaper. Crime is totally unknown. Leepaidamba's national animal is the rabit, which is also the nation's favorite main course, its national religion is Antipantheism, and its currency is the Amban Florin.
Most Recent Government Activity: 10 hours ago
- 8 days ago: Leepaidamba was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Drug Use (last census: Top 5%).
- 38 days ago: Leepaidamba fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Dedicated Public Healthcare.
- 41 days ago: Leepaidamba fell out of the regional Top 10% for Longest Average Lifespans.
- 54 days ago: Leepaidamba was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Populations.
- 108 days ago: Leepaidamba fell out of the regional Top 10% for Healthiest Citizens.
- 110 days ago: Leepaidamba was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Scientifically Advanced.
- 122 days ago: Leepaidamba's influence in Nederland fell from "Duckspeaker" to "Handshaker".
- 123 days ago: Leepaidamba's influence in Nederland rose from "Handshaker" to "Duckspeaker".
- 125 days ago: Leepaidamba's influence in Nederland fell from "Duckspeaker" to "Handshaker".
- 138 days ago: Leepaidamba fell out of the regional Top 10% for Best Weather.
Endorsements Received: None.