The Democratic Republic of Leckenby is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by Prime Minister Arsene Wenger with a fair hand, and remarkable for its rampant corporate plagiarism, keen interest in outer space, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic, devout population of 24.854 billion Leckenbyians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked morass — prioritizes Education, with Environment, Healthcare, and Law & Order also on the agenda, while Spirituality receives no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Arjen. The average income tax rate is 78.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The Leckenbyian economy, worth a remarkable 1,172 trillion Euros a year, is extremely specialized and solely comprised of the Tourism industry. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 47,158 Euros, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
It is mandatory to learn evolution in schools, artists are pillars of society, elections have become procedural nightmares due to voters persistently rejecting candidates, and Maxtopian Grass flags adorn every college dorm room. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Leckenby's national animal is the penguin, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Leckenby, Maxtopian Grass flags adorn every college dorm room.
- : Following new legislation in Leckenby, elections have become procedural nightmares due to voters persistently rejecting candidates.
- : Following new legislation in Leckenby, artists are pillars of society.
- : Following new legislation in Leckenby, it is mandatory to learn evolution in schools.
- : Leckenby voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Preventing Animal Abuse".
- : Leckenby was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Safest.
- : Following new legislation in Leckenby, anti-government political posters adorn every building like wallpaper.
- : Leckenby was reclassified from "Democratic Socialists" to "Liberal Democratic Socialists".
- : Following new legislation in Leckenby, GP clinics are inundated by patients requesting prescriptions for alcohol.
- : Following new legislation in Leckenby, sections of the police receive paramilitary training.
Endorsements Received: None.