The National Conglomerate of Le Marseille is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by CEO Pierre Le Fontaine with an iron fist, and notable for its barren, inhospitable landscape, smutty television, and keen interest in outer space. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless, devout population of 4.543 billion Marseilleans are rabid consumers, partly through choice and partly because the government tells them to and dissenters tend to vanish from their homes at night.
The relatively small, corrupt, pro-business, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defense, and Spirituality. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Paresi. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 14.3%.
The frighteningly efficient Le Marseillean economy, worth 690 trillion Fonds a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Uranium Mining, Information Technology, and Woodchip Exports. Average income is an impressive 151,970 Fonds, but there is a large disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 627,582 per year while the poor average 24,194, a ratio of 25.9 to 1.
Priests are being drafted by the church load, electrocution deaths among computer technicians are at an all-time high, chemically brainwashed citizens praise CEO Pierre Le Fontaine's name on an hourly basis, and the state has declared war on the environment and environmentalists by association. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Le Marseille's national animal is the Falcon, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution, and its national religion is Currencilism.
Most Recent Government Activity: 4 days ago
- 1 day 3 hours ago: Le Marseille was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Information Technology Sector.
- 2 days 3 hours ago: Le Marseille was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Lowest Unemployment Rates (last census: Top 5%).
- 4 days ago: Le Marseille was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Retail Industry (last census: Top 5%).
- 4 days ago: Le Marseille fell out of the regional Top 5% for Largest Retail Industry.
- 4 days ago: Le Marseille relocated from Osiris to Imperium of the Wolf.
- 4 days ago: Le Marseille was refounded in Osiris.
- 79 days ago: Le Marseille ceased to exist.
- 81 days ago: Le Marseille was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Cultured.
- 83 days ago: Le Marseille was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Gambling Industry.
- 92 days ago: Le Marseille was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Highest Drug Use.