The Bereaved Retired Senators of Laws and Bylaws is a gargantuan, orderly nation, ruled by Will Disenfranchise with an iron fist, and renowned for its strictly enforced bedtime, triple-decker prams, and suspicion of poets. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless, devout population of 21.548 billion Lawful Denizens are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The relatively small, corrupt, well-organized government prioritizes Defense, with Law & Order and Spirituality also on the agenda, while Social Policy and Welfare aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Filibuster. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 1.4%.
The frighteningly efficient Laws and Bylawsian economy, worth a remarkable 4,899 trillion Subpoenas a year, is broadly diversified and dominated by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Uranium Mining, Woodchip Exports, and Information Technology. Average income is an amazing 227,373 Subpoenas, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 705,315 per year while the poor average 56,434, a ratio of 12.5 to 1.
Commuter vessels have trouble staying afloat due to increased passengers, bloodthirsty zealots regularly participate in the Friday Night Stoning of Adulterers, eminent domain has been abolished, and murder victims' families receive windfall payouts when the murderers are executed. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force. Laws and Bylaws's national animal is the lawyer, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is Christianity.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Laws and Bylaws was endorsed by The Bayesian Technomeritocracy of Saint Odoursburg.
- : Laws and Bylaws was endorsed by The Grand Duchy of Malphe.
- : Laws and Bylaws was endorsed by The Republic of Trappolis.
- : Laws and Bylaws was endorsed by The Federation of Bread Stackers.
- : Following new legislation in Laws and Bylaws, murder victims' families receive windfall payouts when the murderers are executed.
- : Laws and Bylaws was endorsed by The Confederacy of Chemeng.
- : Following new legislation in Laws and Bylaws, eminent domain has been abolished.
- : Laws and Bylaws was endorsed by The Universally Praised Utopia of Enslaved Bigtopians.
- : Laws and Bylaws was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Conservative.
- : Laws and Bylaws was endorsed by The Empire of The Imperial Empire of Humanity.
Endorsements Received: 21 » Theta VIII, Aleisyr, Saphirien, Pierconium, Mochaworld, Lordeh, Greater Roman Empire, Saavir Yuvon, Benjyville, Maazalik, Shinganshina, Pergamon, Atilion, Karenus, Azares, Malygion, The Imperial Empire of Humanity, Chemeng, Bread Stackers, Trappolis, and Saint Odoursburg.