The Bereaved Retired Senators of Laws and Bylaws is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by Will Disenfranchise with an even hand, and renowned for its frequent executions, compulsory military service, and daily referendums. The hard-nosed, hard-working, devout population of 20.263 billion Lawful Denizens are highly moralistic and fiercely conservative, in the sense that they tend to believe most things should be outlawed. People who have good jobs and work quietly at them are lauded; others are viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized, corrupt government prioritizes Defense, with Law & Order and Spirituality also on the agenda, while Social Policy and Welfare receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Filibuster. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 75.4%.
The frighteningly efficient Laws and Bylawsian economy, worth a remarkable 4,817 trillion Subpoenas a year, is broadly diversified and dominated by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Uranium Mining, Woodchip Exports, and Automobile Manufacturing. Average income is an amazing 237,769 Subpoenas, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 779,745 per year while the poor average 54,415, a ratio of 14.3 to 1.
Fancy dress parties are raided by military police for new recruits, government-run brothels can be found on every street corner, homeless people can be found sleeping on streets in front of unoccupied second homes, and police officers have nearly cracked a major underage astronomy syndicate. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force. Laws and Bylaws's national animal is the lawyer, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is Christianity.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Laws and Bylaws lodged a message on the The Pacific Regional Message Board.
- : Laws and Bylaws was endorsed by The Republic of Resse.
- : Laws and Bylaws voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Reproductive Freedoms"".
- : Laws and Bylaws was endorsed by The Federal Republic of New Prussia-Germania.
- : Laws and Bylaws was endorsed by The Republic of Jordanenistan.
- : Laws and Bylaws was endorsed by The Sultanate of Saavir Yuvon.
- : Laws and Bylaws was endorsed by The Empire of Greater Roman Empire.
- : Laws and Bylaws was endorsed by The Eternal NPO Servant of Karenus.
- : Laws and Bylaws endorsed The Empire of Kryloch.
- : Laws and Bylaws endorsed The Free Land of TheHelix.
Endorsements Received: 20 » Theta VIII, Smurfanium, Aleisyr, Saphirien, Xanlandack, Tierra Austral, Pierconium, Independent State Of The Philippines, Mochaworld, Al-Aryan, Robock, Lordeh, TheHelix, Kryloch, Karenus, Greater Roman Empire, Saavir Yuvon, Jordanenistan, New Prussia-Germania, and Resse.