“Of the Law, By the Law, For the Law”
|Category: Father Knows Best State|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: the Pacific
The Defiant Zombie Undertaker of Laws and Bylaws is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by Will Disenfranchise with an iron fist, and renowned for its suspicion of poets. The hard-nosed, cynical population of 17.562 billion Lawful Denizens are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Defence, Law & Order, and Religion & Spirituality. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Filibuster. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 63%. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Arms Manufacturing industry.
Kids laugh off vandalism and arson as "just fun", the public health bureaucracy is wrapped in miles of red tape, politicians are often found scavenging bins at night to supplement their income, and inheritance tax has recently been abolished. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force. Laws and Bylaws's national animal is the lawyer, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, its national religion is Christianity, and its currency is the Subpoena.
Most Recent Government Activity: 18 hours ago
- 6 days ago: Laws and Bylaws changed its national demonym to "Lawful Denizen".
- 6 days ago: Laws and Bylaws voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Fertile Farmland Protection".
- 6 days ago: Laws and Bylaws voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate Coalition Of Freedom"".
- 14 days ago: Laws and Bylaws voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate Coalition Of Freedom".
- 14 days ago: Laws and Bylaws voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Ban on Leaded Fuel".
- 18 days ago: Laws and Bylaws was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Manufacturing Sector (last census: Top 1%).
- 19 days ago: Laws and Bylaws lodged a message on the The Pacific Regional Message Board.
- 20 days ago: Following new legislation in Laws and Bylaws, inheritance tax has recently been abolished.
- 20 days ago: Laws and Bylaws lodged a message on the The Pacific Regional Message Board.
- 20 days ago: Laws and Bylaws voted against the World Assembly Resolution "No Penalty Without Law".