“I'm not a crook! ”
|Category: Corrupt Dictatorship|
Regional Influence: Truckler
The Grand Empire of Laurarcor is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by Emperor Nixon V with an iron fist, and renowned for its keen interest in outer space. The hard-nosed, cynical population of 8.959 billion Laurarcorians are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Defence, Commerce, and Law & Order. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Victoria Plaz. The average income tax rate is 100%. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Information Technology industry.
Citizens are barcoded to keep track of their movements, punitive tariffs protect local industry, phone taps are frequently carried out by the police, and crime suspects are forced to submit to blood testing. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Laurarcor's national animal is the Lion, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is Nixon Casteri, and its currency is the Xcorvic.
Most Recent Government Activity: 2 days 4 hours ago
- 2 days ago: Laurarcor was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Public Transport Department (last census: Top 5%).
- 2 days 1 hour ago: Following new legislation in Laurarcor, crime suspects are forced to submit to blood testing.
- 11 days ago: Laurarcor was endorsed by The Confederacy of Capitland.
- 13 days ago: Laurarcor fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Retail Industry.
- 15 days ago: Following new legislation in Laurarcor, phone taps are frequently carried out by the police.
- 17 days ago: Laurarcor was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Safest (last census: Top 10%).
- 31 days ago: Following new legislation in Laurarcor, punitive tariffs protect local industry.
- 31 days ago: Following new legislation in Laurarcor, citizens are barcoded to keep track of their movements.
- 31 days ago: Following new legislation in Laurarcor, people faint regularly as they get stuck with compulsory vaccinations.
- 38 days ago: Laurarcor fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Income Equality.