The Grand Empire of Laurarcor is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Emperor Ludwig II with an even hand, and renowned for its museums and concert halls, sprawling nuclear power plants, and rampant corporate plagiarism. The hard-nosed, devout population of 11.895 billion Laurarcorians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The enormous, corrupt, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Victoria Plaz. The average income tax rate is 98.9%.
The frighteningly efficient Laurarcorian economy, worth a remarkable 2,243 trillion Xcorvics a year, is quite specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Arms Manufacturing, and Tourism. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 188,596 Xcorvics, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
People reciting Shakespeare have become a common sight, several citizens have complained about scientists abducting their pets for experimentation, the military is slashing spending on conventional arms and diverting it to spending on prosthetic arms, and tourists from around the world come to visit the country's famous rainforests. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Laurarcor's national animal is the Lion, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Nixon Casteri.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Laurarcor changed its national leader to "Emperor Ludwig II".
- : Laurarcor published "New Royal House Rules Over Laurarcor" (Factbook: History).
- : Following new legislation in Laurarcor, tourists from around the world come to visit the country's famous rainforests.
- : Following new legislation in Laurarcor, the military is slashing spending on conventional arms and diverting it to spending on prosthetic arms.
- : Following new legislation in Laurarcor, several citizens have complained about scientists abducting their pets for experimentation.
- : Laurarcor voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Condemn the Pacific"".
- : Laurarcor voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Law Enforcement Education"".
- : Laurarcor voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Thomas Branson III".
- : Laurarcor voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Law Enforcement Education".
- : Laurarcor was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Populations.