“I'm not a crook! ”
|Category: Corrupt Dictatorship|
Regional Influence: Handshaker
The Grand Empire of Laurarcor is a colossal, economically powerful nation, ruled by Emperor Nixon V with an iron fist, and remarkable for its national health service. The hard-nosed, cynical population of 9.166 billion Laurarcorians are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The enormous, corrupt, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Industry, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Victoria Plaz. The average income tax rate is 98.7%.
The frighteningly efficient Laurarcorian economy, worth a remarkable 1,637 trillion Xcorvics a year, is quite specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Book Publishing, and Soda Sales. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 178,664 Xcorvics, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Punitive tariffs protect local industry, phone taps are frequently carried out by the police, crime suspects are forced to submit to blood testing, and government-run screening operations remove embryos with severe genetic disorders. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Laurarcor's national animal is the Lion, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Nixon Casteri.
Most Recent Government Activity: 22 days ago
- 21 hours ago: Laurarcor was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Authoritarian.
- 3 days 21 hours ago: Laurarcor fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Public Sector.
- 6 days ago: Laurarcor was endorsed by The Principality of Laugharne.
- 8 days ago: Laurarcor's influence in Wysteria rose from "Truckler" to "Handshaker".
- 13 days ago: Laurarcor's influence in Wysteria fell from "Handshaker" to "Truckler".
- 13 days ago: Laurarcor was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens.
- 13 days ago: Laurarcor's influence in Wysteria rose from "Truckler" to "Handshaker".
- 22 days ago: Laurarcor voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend TAO the Watcher".
- 22 days ago: Laurarcor voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Promotion of Dance".
- 28 days ago: Following new legislation in Laurarcor, government-run screening operations remove embryos with severe genetic disorders.