“Rigore e' quando arbitro fischia”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Vassal
Location: the Rejected Realms
The Free Republic of Last Utopia is a gargantuan, genial nation, notable for its happy-go-lucky citizens. The compassionate, intelligent population of 25.81 billion Utopians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, the Environment, and Social Equality. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of New Utopia. The average income tax rate is 95%. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Information Technology industry.
Children have taken to using semaphore in light of the recent mobile phone ban, the people elect the Supreme Court justices directly, the tiger is a protected species, and young children are regularly seen wagering pocket money at blackjack tables. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Last Utopia's national animal is the tiger, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the yang.
Most Recent Government Activity: 13 days ago
- 71 minutes ago: Last Utopia lost the endorsement of The Republic of Golarion.
- 2 days 16 hours ago: Last Utopia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Politically Free.
- 4 days ago: Last Utopia was endorsed by The Making a Fresh Start of Loftegen.
- 9 days ago: Last Utopia was endorsed by The Volksrepublik of Moerderreich.
- 13 days ago: Following new legislation in Last Utopia, young children are regularly seen wagering pocket money at blackjack tables.
- 13 days ago: Following new legislation in Last Utopia, the tiger is a protected species.
- 13 days ago: Following new legislation in Last Utopia, the people elect the Supreme Court justices directly.
- 13 days ago: Following new legislation in Last Utopia, children have taken to using semaphore in light of the recent mobile phone ban.
- 13 days ago: Following new legislation in Last Utopia, the government is notorious for leaving citizens with almost nothing from their inheritance.
- 13 days ago: Last Utopia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate The Mountains to the East".
Endorsements Received: 24 » --Camila--, Zdravstvuite, Zyonn, Romosia, Trawa, The Citizens Commonwealth, Liuchong, Bvriania, Stabilitatem, Sedgistan, Kingdom of the Crow, Unibot III, Hurbania, Smurflandia, Hemingford, Addled Braintopia, Marrow Wind, Arutiise, Rolf harris, Keefenstein, Eight Hippopotamuses, The Violet Lands, Moerderreich, and Loftegen.