“To be a rock and not to roll.”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: The East Pacific
The Superior Goat Nation of Lanagon is a colossal, socially progressive nation, ruled by Kozel with a fair hand, and renowned for its museums and concert halls. The compassionate, hard-working, intelligent population of 8.171 billion Lanagonians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, the Environment, and Social Welfare. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Lanagonia. The average income tax rate is 97%. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
Members of Parliament are often found living in cardboard boxes, frequent fliers are obliged to submit to invasive security procedures by government security, badminton was recently banned due to 'unacceptable violence' inherent to the game, and international tensions are high as Lanagon threatens any government with the audacity to arrest its citizens. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Lanagon's national animal is the goat, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the gon.
Most Recent Government Activity: 11 hours ago
- 11 hours ago: Lanagon endorsed The Republic of Drezken.
- 16 hours ago: Lanagon was endorsed by The Republic of Drezken.
- 2 days ago: Lanagon endorsed The Empire of Ziggibofolopimiganig Usootipitopia.
- 2 days 2 hours ago: Lanagon was endorsed by The Empire of Ziggibofolopimiganig Usootipitopia.
- 2 days 11 hours ago: Lanagon was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Populations.
- 3 days 12 hours ago: Lanagon endorsed The TEP Delegate-Emeritus of Bachtendekuppen.
- 3 days 20 hours ago: Lanagon was endorsed by The TEP Delegate-Emeritus of Bachtendekuppen.
- 3 days 23 hours ago: Lanagon withdrew its endorsement from The Morrígan of Ramaeus.
- 4 days ago: Lanagon endorsed The Sepulchre By The Sea of Xoriet.
- 4 days ago: Lanagon was endorsed by The Sepulchre By The Sea of Xoriet.
Endorsements Received: 39 » Todd McCloud, Blazing Samaritan, Vulshain, Lyontisia, Freedom Fascists, East Malaysia, Eruopia, A Slanted Black Stripe, A mean old man, Southern Yugoslavia, The Romanum Legio, British Grand Pacific, Ramaeus, Amselheim, Kangarawa, Susanooo, Mundiferrum, Adolanta, EES, Rosiel, Molzavar, United American Domain, Free Pacific States, Beckveria, Nabta Playa, Eurasian Socialist Federation, Providence Spring, Lagis, Urimel, Owali, The United Territories of Providence, The Sultanate of Kevinids, Drinnon, Ouralis, Roissyland, Xoriet, Bachtendekuppen, Ziggibofolopimiganig Usootipitopia, and Drezken.