The Superior Goat Nation of Lanagon is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by Kozel with a fair hand, and renowned for its museums and concert halls, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and irreverence towards religion. The compassionate, democratic population of 9.853 billion Lanagonians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, socially-minded, outspoken morass — juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Lanagonia. The average income tax rate is 97.3%.
The strong Lanagonian economy, worth 903 trillion gons a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is extremely specialized, is mostly made up of the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing. Average income is 91,685 gons, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Badminton was recently banned due to 'unacceptable violence' inherent to the game, international tensions are high as Lanagon threatens any government with the audacity to arrest its citizens, all new "spies" are fifteen-year-old acne-ridden kids on computers, and dozens of additional foreign policy specialists have been sent to the country's WA Mission. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Lanagon's national animal is the goat, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Lanagon endorsed The TEP Baker Endorse Me of Dremaur.
- : Lanagon was endorsed by The TEP Baker Endorse Me of Dremaur.
- : Lanagon endorsed The Most Excellent Dominion of Aelitia.
- : Lanagon withdrew its endorsement from The Retiring Vizier of East Malaysia.
- : Lanagon fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- : Lanagon endorsed The Democratic Republic of Freedom States Republic.
- : Lanagon was endorsed by The Democratic Republic of Freedom States Republic.
- : Lanagon endorsed The Constitutional Monarchy of Arstravia.
- : Lanagon was endorsed by The Constitutional Monarchy of Arstravia.
- : Lanagon was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Influential (last census: Top 1%).
Endorsements Received: 36 » Todd McCloud, Blazing Samaritan, Lyontisia, Freedom Fascists, East Malaysia, Eruopia, A Slanted Black Stripe, Southern Yugoslavia, The Romanum Legio, Amselheim, Kangarawa, Mundiferrum, Adolanta, EES, Molzavar, Nabta Playa, Urimel, Owali, The United Territories of Providence, Ziggibofolopimiganig Usootipitopia, Chandler Island, Lagaronians, Zorro Renzodo, Ramaeus, Cranky Corners, Picos, Eldridge Crossings, Heyday, Radnia, Bachtendekuppen, Asnarija, Sacora, Davist, Arstravia, Freedom States Republic, and Dremaur.