The Free Republic of Lamoni is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by Andrew Stinson with an even hand, and notable for its barren, inhospitable landscape, frequent executions, and ubiquitous missile silos. The hard-nosed population of 26.739 billion Lamonians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The tiny government juggles the competing demands of Education, Law & Order, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Nephi. The average income tax rate is 1.9%.
The all-consuming Lamonian economy, worth a remarkable 6,338 trillion Rushanas a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Gambling, and Uranium Mining. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an amazing 237,066 Rushanas, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.3 times as much as the poorest.
Discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation is illegal, the government spends more on chasing distant comets than on basic infrastructure, racial supremacists indulge their wildest fantasies in cinemas and theatres across the nation, and religious organizations are being forced to leave the country or pay income taxes like everybody else. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Lamoni's national animal is the Hawk, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution.
Most Recent Government Activity: 4 minutes ago
- 13 hours ago: Lamoni voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Commend Krulltopia"".
- 1 day 17 hours ago: Lamoni lodged a message on the Greater Dienstad Regional Message Board.
- 1 day 22 hours ago: Following new legislation in Lamoni, religious organizations are being forced to leave the country or pay income taxes like everybody else.
- 2 days 2 hours ago: Lamoni lodged a message on the Greater Dienstad Regional Message Board.
- 2 days 7 hours ago: Lamoni was banned from Bluefishery by The Republic of Bluefish Atoll.
- 4 days ago: Lamoni voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Stujenske".
- 5 days ago: Lamoni lodged a message on the Greater Dienstad Regional Message Board.
- 5 days ago: Lamoni rejected a request from Bluefishery for an embassy with Greater Dienstad.
- 6 days ago: Lamoni lodged a message on the Greater Dienstad Regional Message Board.
- 6 days ago: Lamoni was reclassified from "Democratic Socialists" to "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy".