The Queen's State of Laminatota is a gargantuan, orderly nation, remarkable for its complete lack of prisons. The hard-working, cynical population of 15.823 billion Laminatotans enjoy great individual freedoms in everything except elections, which, where they exist at all, are populist shams for a dictatorship government that has no intention of ever giving up power.
The tiny, liberal, pro-business government juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Education, and Environment. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 7.3%.
The thriving Laminatotan economy, worth 690 trillion betales a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Beef-Based Agriculture industry, with significant contributions from Furniture Restoration, Uranium Mining, and Gambling. Average income is 43,643 betales, but there is a large disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 226,335 per year while the poor average 4,559, a ratio of 49.6 to 1.
Voting is voluntary, the police force is on a recruitment drive, and the latest Harry Potter book is a bestseller. Crime is a serious problem, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. Laminatota's national animal is the deer, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Laminatota was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Armed.
- : Laminatota was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Lowest Overall Tax Burden.
- : Laminatota was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Agricultural Sector.
- : Laminatota altered the regional flag of Sahrawi.
- : Laminatota agreed to construct embassies between Sahrawi and Epping.
- : Laminatota changed its national currency to "betale", its animal to "deer", and its nation type to "Queen's State".
- : Laminatota was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Populations (last census: Top 10%).
- : Laminatota changed its national nation type to "State".
- : Laminatota altered its national flag.
- : Laminatota agreed to construct embassies between Sahrawi and Saint Petersburg.