“In all honesty”
|Category: Benevolent Dictatorship|
Regional Influence: Hermit
The Republic of Laminatota is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, remarkable for its complete lack of prisons. Its hard-working, cynical population of 10.841 billion enjoy great individual freedoms in everything except elections, which, where they exist at all, are populist shams for a dictatorship government that has no intention of ever giving up power.
The small, liberal, pro-business government juggles the competing demands of Social Welfare, Education, and the Environment. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 13%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Beef-Based Agriculture, Uranium Mining, and Furniture Restoration industries.
Voting is voluntary, the police force is on a recruitment drive, and the latest Harry Potter book is a bestseller. Crime is a problem, probably because of the country's utter lack of prisons. Laminatota's national animal is the eagle, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the dollar.
Most Recent Government Activity: 46 days ago
- 1 year 220 days ago: Laminatota altered its national flag.
- 1 year 346 days ago: Laminatota was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Pro-Market.
- 1 year 348 days ago: Laminatota was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Populations.
- 2 years 26 days ago: Laminatota was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Liberal.
- 2 years 28 days ago: Laminatota was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Greatest Rich-Poor Divides.
- 2 years 54 days ago: Laminatota relocated from Lazarus to Sahrawi.
- 2 years 54 days ago: Laminatota was refounded.
- 2 years 318 days ago: Laminatota was ejected from Abu Dhabi by The Emirate of Zayed al Nahyan.
- 3 years 86 days ago: Laminatota relocated from United Arab Emirates to Abu Dhabi.
- 3 years 86 days ago: Laminatota relocated from Abu Dhabi to United Arab Emirates.