“In all honesty”
|Category: Benevolent Dictatorship|
Regional Influence: Hermit
The Republic of Laminatota is a gargantuan, economically powerful nation, notable for its complete lack of prisons. Its hard-working, cynical population of 12.055 billion enjoy great individual freedoms in everything except elections, which, where they exist at all, are populist shams for a dictatorship government that has no intention of ever giving up power.
The small, liberal, pro-business government juggles the competing demands of Social Welfare, Education, and the Environment. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 13%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Beef-Based Agriculture, Uranium Mining, and Furniture Restoration industries.
Voting is voluntary, the police force is on a recruitment drive, and the latest Harry Potter book is a bestseller. Crime is a problem, probably because of the country's utter lack of prisons. Laminatota's national animal is the eagle, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the dollar.
Most Recent Government Activity: 6 days ago
- 31 days ago: Laminatota's influence in Sahrawi rose from "Hegemony" to "Hermit".
- 32 days ago: Laminatota's influence in Sahrawi fell from "Hermit" to "Hegemony".
- 2 years 58 days ago: Laminatota altered its national flag.
- 2 years 184 days ago: Laminatota was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Pro-Market.
- 2 years 186 days ago: Laminatota was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Populations.
- 2 years 229 days ago: Laminatota was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Liberal.
- 2 years 231 days ago: Laminatota was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Greatest Rich-Poor Divides.
- 2 years 257 days ago: Laminatota relocated from Lazarus to Sahrawi.
- 2 years 257 days ago: Laminatota was refounded.
- 3 years 156 days ago: Laminatota was ejected from Abu Dhabi by The Emirate of Zayed al Nahyan.