“This has all happened before, it will all happen again”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: the South Pacific
The Galactic Federation of Lakarian is a gargantuan, devout nation, ruled by Baltar with an even hand, and notable for its anti-smoking policies. The hard-nosed population of 24.715 billion Lakarianites have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt government stops and the rest of society begins, but it is mainly concerned with Law & Order, although Education and Religion & Spirituality are on the agenda. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of New Denver. The average income tax rate is 31%, but much higher for the wealthy. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Information Technology industry.
Police spend their Saturday nights breaking up illegal street races, foreigners are treated with great suspicion, foreign 'investors' have been taking a great interest in the new secret shuttle, and large areas of Lakarian are not accessible by the public. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Lakarian's national animal is the elderly pekinese, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is Church of the Savior, and its currency is the token.
Most Recent Government Activity: 4 days ago
- 37 minutes ago: Lakarian was endorsed by The Empire of Democratic republic of Riokazo.
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Lakarian, large areas of Lakarian are not accessible by the public.
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Lakarian, foreign 'investors' have been taking a great interest in the new secret shuttle.
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Lakarian, foreigners are treated with great suspicion.
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Lakarian, police spend their Saturday nights breaking up illegal street races.
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Lakarian, the government's religious works are headed by a New Age guru.
- 4 days ago: Lakarian voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Ban on Leaded Fuel".
- 4 days ago: Lakarian voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate Coalition Of Freedom".
- 7 days ago: Lakarian fell out of the world Top 10% for Smartest Citizens.
- 7 days ago: Lakarian was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Smartest Citizens (last census: Top 5%).
Endorsements Received: 59 » Fudgetopia, Darakin, Bergenu, Curlyhoward, Chubrubs, Yeses, Ancient Slobovia, Soem, Atamis, Lord Booze, Kholdan, Armed Republic of Guns Addicts, The Union of Free Individuals, South Pacific Belschaft, Uprisistan, Vulkanus, Rockchester, Dovanet, Tsunamy, Assemblea Mondiale, Sierra Lobo, AtlanticTradeUnion, Kringalia, Kiasu-ism, Kien Truong, Saccularious, Rebel-topia of the South Pacific, TorchWood 18, Brutland and Norden, Sherlockopia, SHAYTAN UKHIROSS, The Bloodguard, Karatengisa, Drugged Monkeys, Free and Liberated People, Aschenburg, Pillaganburnistan, American Republic of Independent States, Bear Connors Paradiso, Edgardian Empire, Imperator Zhodo, Lanndau, Sandaoguo, TSP-Aramanchovia, The Sanghelios Legion, Qaweritoyu, Tsaqilonesia, Kevinastan, Gemack, Clambridge, and 9 others.Dragonflight, PenguinPies, Michu, Copek, Eviolap, Haldilwe, Hammondy, Yenove, and Democratic republic of Riokazo.