The Galactic Federation of Lakarian is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by Baltar with an even hand, and renowned for its public floggings, anti-smoking policies, and sprawling nuclear power plants. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, humorless, devout population of 25.895 billion Lakarianites have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The large, corrupt government is effectively ruled by the Department of Law & Order, although Education is also considered important, while Social Policy and Welfare aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of New Denver. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 3.1%.
The frighteningly efficient Lakarianian economy, worth a remarkable 3,101 trillion tokens a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Tourism and Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 119,782 tokens, with the richest citizens earning 6.8 times as much as the poorest.
People are moving into treehouses in record numbers, the only places to see elderly pekinese now are at local zoos, sales of fishnet stockings have reached a record high, and the nation's drinking water tends to glow green at night. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force. Lakarian's national animal is the elderly pekinese, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Church of the Savior.
Most Recent Government Activity: 7 hours ago
- 62 minutes ago: Following new legislation in Lakarian, the nation's drinking water tends to glow green at night.
- 62 minutes ago: Following new legislation in Lakarian, sales of fishnet stockings have reached a record high.
- 7 hours ago: Lakarian endorsed The Armed Republic of Gradea II.
- 21 hours ago: Lakarian was endorsed by The Armed Republic of Gradea II.
- 1 day 1 hour ago: Following new legislation in Lakarian, the only places to see elderly pekinese now are at local zoos.
- 1 day 1 hour ago: Following new legislation in Lakarian, people are moving into treehouses in record numbers.
- 2 days 1 hour ago: Following new legislation in Lakarian, new safety regulations require all cars manufactured in Lakarian to be bombproof.
- 2 days 1 hour ago: Following new legislation in Lakarian, child adoption by homosexual couples has been outlawed.
- 2 days 1 hour ago: Following new legislation in Lakarian, streakers swamp all public events in order to bare it all.
- 2 days 4 hours ago: Lakarian voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Wartime Looting and Pillage".
Endorsements Received: 61 » Fudgetopia, Darakin, Bergenu, Curlyhoward, Chubrubs, Yeses, Ancient Slobovia, Soem, Kholdan, Armed Republic of Guns Addicts, The Union of Free Individuals, Vulkanus, Rockchester, Dovanet, Tsunamy, Sierra Lobo, Kringalia, Kiasu-ism, Kien Truong, TorchWood 18, Brutland and Norden, SHAYTAN UKHIROSS, The Bloodguard, Karatengisa, Drugged Monkeys, Aschenburg, Bear Connors Paradiso, Edgardian Empire, Lanndau, Sandaoguo, TSP-Aramanchovia, Kevinastan, Gemack, PenguinPies, Michu, Eviolap, Haldilwe, Caasd, Myganon, Faircliff, Haddocke, Lioniel, Capricanta, Smogaria, Space Wave, Naples and Sicily, Krillion213, Northern Copek, The United Pirate Lords, Southern Bellz, and 11 others.Escade, Novo England, Cape Adare, SJS Republic, Railana, Carpat, Pillaganburnistan, The International Knights, Bonaugure, Obvious Minefield, and Gradea II.