The Galactic Federation of Lakarian is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by Baltar with an even hand, and notable for its anti-smoking policies, flagrant waste-dumping, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, humorless, devout population of 27.01 billion Lakarianites have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The large, corrupt government is effectively ruled by the Department of Law & Order, with Education also on the agenda, while Social Policy and Welfare are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of New Denver. The average income tax rate is 1.9%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Lakarianian economy, worth a remarkable 3,360 trillion tokens a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Tourism and Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 124,428 tokens, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.9 times as much as the poorest.
The national Police Academies have dedicated infant wings, every citizen must submit to DNA testing to be eliminated from police inquiries, the nation refuses to provide international aid, and the nation leads the South Pacific in per capita stalking. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force. Lakarian's national animal is the elderly pekinese, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Church of the Savior.
Lakarian is ranked 23rd in the South Pacific and 1,529th in the world for Lowest Unemployment Rates, scoring 837 on the Workforce Participation Versus Theoretical Maximum Metric.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Lakarian, the nation leads the South Pacific in per capita stalking.
- : Following new legislation in Lakarian, the nation refuses to provide international aid.
- : Following new legislation in Lakarian, every citizen must submit to DNA testing to be eliminated from police inquiries.
- : Following new legislation in Lakarian, the national Police Academies have dedicated infant wings.
- : Following new legislation in Lakarian, the government has cut its subsidies for all special interest groups.
- : Following new legislation in Lakarian, the mining industry has taken a hit from tighter environmental regulations.
- : Following new legislation in Lakarian, administrative districts are increasingly defined by their taste in housing architecture.
- : Following new legislation in Lakarian, immigrant herding has become a national pastime.
- : Following new legislation in Lakarian, eminent domain has been abolished.
- : Following new legislation in Lakarian, loans are available for students from poor families.
Endorsements Received: 58 » Fudgetopia, Darakin, Bergenu, Curlyhoward, Chubrubs, Yeses, Ancient Slobovia, Soem, Armed Republic of Guns Addicts, The Union of Free Individuals, Rockchester, Tsunamy, Sierra Lobo, Kringalia, Kiasu-ism, Kien Truong, Brutland and Norden, SHAYTAN UKHIROSS, The Bloodguard, Karatengisa, Drugged Monkeys, Aschenburg, Bear Connors Paradiso, Edgardian Empire, Sandaoguo, PenguinPies, Michu, Caasd, Lioniel, Space Wave, Naples and Sicily, Northern Copek, Southern Bellz, Escade, Novo England, Cape Adare, SJS Republic, Carpat, Bonaugure, The Peoples Emirate, The Angle Wings, Nacho States, Yardos, Newstro, Todler, Crusader Imperium, Valklann, Trelatche, Feirmont, Liberum Hominis in Terra, and 8 others.Lolochie, Rihneland, Averre, Hileville, Domzona, Miris, Lotharonia, and Kaara Moki.