“This has all happened before, it will all happen again”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: the South Pacific
The Galactic Federation of Lakarian is a gargantuan, economically powerful nation, ruled by Baltar with an even hand, and renowned for its anti-smoking policies. The hard-nosed population of 24.889 billion Lakarianites have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt government stops and the rest of society begins, but it is mainly concerned with Law & Order, although Education and Religion & Spirituality are secondary priorities. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of New Denver. The average income tax rate is 30%, but much higher for the wealthy. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Information Technology industry.
A niche industry catering to S&M enthusiasts has sprung up, the government seizes private property for the 'good of the people', reporters often lose their jobs over fact-checking errors, and military spending is on the increase. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Lakarian's national animal is the elderly pekinese, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is Church of the Savior, and its currency is the token.
Most Recent Government Activity: 5 days ago
- 5 days ago: Following new legislation in Lakarian, military spending is on the increase.
- 5 days ago: Following new legislation in Lakarian, reporters often lose their jobs over fact-checking errors.
- 5 days ago: Following new legislation in Lakarian, the government seizes private property for the 'good of the people'.
- 5 days ago: Following new legislation in Lakarian, a niche industry catering to S&M enthusiasts has sprung up.
- 5 days ago: Following new legislation in Lakarian, the institution of marriage is held sacred and strictly enforced.
- 5 days ago: Lakarian endorsed The Free Land of Myganon.
- 5 days ago: Lakarian endorsed The Principality of Caasd.
- 17 days ago: Lakarian was endorsed by The Free Land of Myganon.
- 17 days ago: Lakarian was endorsed by The Principality of Caasd.
- 19 days ago: Following new legislation in Lakarian, Lakarian's army is full of two-metre tall super-soldiers.
Endorsements Received: 56 » Fudgetopia, Darakin, Bergenu, Curlyhoward, Chubrubs, Yeses, Ancient Slobovia, Soem, Atamis, Lord Booze, Kholdan, Armed Republic of Guns Addicts, The Union of Free Individuals, South Pacific Belschaft, Uprisistan, Vulkanus, Rockchester, Dovanet, Tsunamy, Assemblea Mondiale, Sierra Lobo, AtlanticTradeUnion, Kringalia, Kiasu-ism, Kien Truong, Rebel-topia of the South Pacific, TorchWood 18, Brutland and Norden, SHAYTAN UKHIROSS, The Bloodguard, Karatengisa, Drugged Monkeys, Free and Liberated People, Aschenburg, American Republic of Independent States, Bear Connors Paradiso, Edgardian Empire, Imperator Zhodo, Lanndau, Sandaoguo, TSP-Aramanchovia, The Sanghelios Legion, Tsaqilonesia, Kevinastan, Gemack, Dragonflight, PenguinPies, Michu, Copek, Eviolap, and 6 others.Haldilwe, Hammondy, Yenove, Democratic republic of Riokazo, Caasd, and Myganon.