The Galactic Federation of Lakarian is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by Baltar with an even hand, and remarkable for its ban on automobiles, flagrant waste-dumping, and compulsory gun ownership. The hard-nosed, hard-working, humorless, devout population of 26.384 billion Lakarianites have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The large, corrupt government is effectively ruled by the Department of Law & Order, with Education also on the agenda, while Social Policy and Welfare aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of New Denver. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 2.6%.
The frighteningly efficient Lakarianian economy, worth a remarkable 3,183 trillion tokens a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Tourism and Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 120,656 tokens, with the richest citizens earning 7.9 times as much as the poorest.
Euthanasia is illegal, criminals rejoice in the streets as the entire police force is sent away on a training retreat, UFO sightings are listed daily in the morning news, and cops enjoy driving jaywalkers into the ground. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force. Lakarian's national animal is the elderly pekinese, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Church of the Savior.
Most Recent Government Activity: 12 hours ago
- 10 hours ago: Following new legislation in Lakarian, cops enjoy driving jaywalkers into the ground.
- 10 hours ago: Following new legislation in Lakarian, UFO sightings are listed daily in the morning news.
- 1 day 10 hours ago: Following new legislation in Lakarian, criminals rejoice in the streets as the entire police force is sent away on a training retreat.
- 1 day 10 hours ago: Following new legislation in Lakarian, euthanasia is illegal.
- 2 days 10 hours ago: Following new legislation in Lakarian, citizens are regularly arrested in queues for 'loitering'.
- 2 days 10 hours ago: Following new legislation in Lakarian, administrative districts are increasingly defined by their taste in housing architecture.
- 3 days 10 hours ago: Following new legislation in Lakarian, elderly pekinese with strange deformities like three eyes and tentacles have been seen prancing through the countryside where industrial waste is dumped.
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Lakarian, government police forces protect public schools from the threat of protest.
- 5 days ago: Following new legislation in Lakarian, heavy industry grinds to a halt as new equipment must be biked in.
- 5 days ago: Following new legislation in Lakarian, every citizen must submit to DNA testing to be eliminated from police inquiries.
Endorsements Received: 55 » Fudgetopia, Darakin, Bergenu, Curlyhoward, Chubrubs, Yeses, Ancient Slobovia, Soem, Kholdan, Armed Republic of Guns Addicts, The Union of Free Individuals, Vulkanus, Rockchester, Dovanet, Tsunamy, Sierra Lobo, Kringalia, Kiasu-ism, Kien Truong, Brutland and Norden, SHAYTAN UKHIROSS, The Bloodguard, Karatengisa, Drugged Monkeys, Aschenburg, Bear Connors Paradiso, Edgardian Empire, Sandaoguo, Kevinastan, PenguinPies, Michu, Haldilwe, Caasd, Faircliff, Haddocke, Lioniel, Smogaria, Space Wave, Naples and Sicily, Northern Copek, The United Pirate Lords, Southern Bellz, Escade, Novo England, Cape Adare, SJS Republic, Carpat, Bonaugure, DoGuldore, Republic of Hasgriu, and 5 others.Brimain, The Peoples Emirate, Dakota Prime, Freyville, and The Angle Wings.