“This has all happened before, it will all happen again”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: the South Pacific
The Galactic Federation of Lakarian is a gargantuan, economically powerful nation, ruled by Baltar with an even hand, and remarkable for its suspicion of poets. The hard-nosed, hard-working population of 25.085 billion Lakarianites have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt government stops and the rest of society begins, but it is mainly concerned with Law & Order, although Education and Religion & Spirituality are on the agenda. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of New Denver. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 28%. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Information Technology industry.
The government is spending billions of taxpayer tokens to support the Information Technology industry, the government regularly hires contractors to construct high rise apartments, it's a common sight to see angry commuters with grenade launchers mounted on their vehicles, and psychological disorders are a taboo subject. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Lakarian's national animal is the elderly pekinese, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is Church of the Savior, and its currency is the token.
Most Recent Government Activity: 13 days ago
- 19 hours ago: Lakarian was endorsed by The People's Republic of Smogaria.
- 2 days 19 hours ago: Lakarian was endorsed by The Clericdom of Creepypastian.
- 4 days ago: Lakarian was endorsed by The Democratic Republic of Capricanta.
- 9 days ago: Lakarian was endorsed by The Confederacy of Lioniel.
- 12 days ago: Lakarian was endorsed by The Armed Republic of The New States Of The US Marines.
- 13 days ago: Following new legislation in Lakarian, psychological disorders are a taboo subject.
- 13 days ago: Following new legislation in Lakarian, it's a common sight to see angry commuters with grenade launchers mounted on their vehicles.
- 13 days ago: Following new legislation in Lakarian, the government regularly hires contractors to construct high rise apartments.
- 13 days ago: Following new legislation in Lakarian, the government is spending billions of taxpayer tokens to support the Information Technology industry.
- 13 days ago: Lakarian endorsed The Republic of Haddocke.
Endorsements Received: 59 » Fudgetopia, Darakin, Bergenu, Curlyhoward, Chubrubs, Yeses, Ancient Slobovia, Soem, Lord Booze, Kholdan, Armed Republic of Guns Addicts, The Union of Free Individuals, South Pacific Belschaft, Uprisistan, Vulkanus, Rockchester, Dovanet, Tsunamy, Sierra Lobo, Kringalia, Kiasu-ism, Kien Truong, Rebel-topia of the South Pacific, TorchWood 18, Brutland and Norden, SHAYTAN UKHIROSS, The Bloodguard, Karatengisa, Drugged Monkeys, Free and Liberated People, Aschenburg, American Republic of Independent States, Bear Connors Paradiso, Edgardian Empire, Lanndau, Sandaoguo, TSP-Aramanchovia, The Sanghelios Legion, Tsaqilonesia, Kevinastan, Gemack, Dragonflight, PenguinPies, Michu, Copek, Eviolap, Haldilwe, Hammondy, Yenove, Democratic republic of Riokazo, and 9 others.Caasd, Myganon, Faircliff, Haddocke, The New States Of The US Marines, Lioniel, Capricanta, Creepypastian, and Smogaria.