The Galactic Federation of Lakarian is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by Baltar with an even hand, and remarkable for its otherworldly petting zoo, sprawling nuclear power plants, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, humorless, devout population of 28.594 billion Lakarianites are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
There is no government in the normal sense of the word; however, a small group of community-minded, corrupt individuals juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Industry, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of New Denver. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient Lakarianian economy, worth a remarkable 3,234 trillion tokens a year, is highly specialized and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing and Book Publishing. Black market activity is notable. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 113,124 tokens, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Concussed elderly pekineseball players cannot remember their lineup position, commercial jingles have been ham-handedly forced into world renowned symphonies, the government is outsourcing itself, and administrative districts are increasingly defined by their taste in housing architecture. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Lakarian's national animal is the elderly pekinese, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Church of the Savior.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Lakarian, administrative districts are increasingly defined by their taste in housing architecture.
- : Lakarian was reclassified from "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy" to "Democratic Socialists".
- : Following new legislation in Lakarian, the government is outsourcing itself.
- : Following new legislation in Lakarian, commercial jingles have been ham-handedly forced into world renowned symphonies.
- : Following new legislation in Lakarian, concussed elderly pekineseball players cannot remember their lineup position.
- : Following new legislation in Lakarian, the national guard is mobilized whenever a mother gets separated from her child at the mall.
- : Lakarian was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Ignorant Citizens.
- : Lakarian voted for the World Assembly Resolution "The Rule of Law".
- : Following new legislation in Lakarian, businesses are forced to bring all work back within the nation's borders.
- : Following new legislation in Lakarian, the government refuses to transmit electricity to secessionist regions.
Endorsements Received: 78 » Fudgetopia, Darakin, Bergenu, Curlyhoward, Chubrubs, Yeses, Ancient Slobovia, Soem, Armed Republic of Guns Addicts, Tsunamy, Sierra Lobo, Kiasu-ism, SHAYTAN UKHIROSS, The Bloodguard, Drugged Monkeys, Bear Connors Paradiso, Lioniel, Cape Adare, SJS Republic, Carpat, The Angle Wings, Nacho States, Yardos, Crusader Imperium, Trelatche, Liberum Hominis in Terra, Lolochie, Domzona, Miris, Eta carina 2, Hjernaruzi, Toucanbay, Francesad, Westcoast Nation, Lotharonia, Bugmalandia, Arrow-Debreu, Doom Incarnate, Malarek, Great Scapula, Zadiner, Farengeto, Kringalia, Lambdaland, Sandaoguo, Brandaium, Eastern Copek, Belschaft, Lambily, Trollmel, and 28 others.Imkitopia, Republic Of New Found Power, Railana, Techganet, Yemassee, Denguemark, Umberton, The International Knights, Billtonia, CatholicLibertarian, Tazbania, Dubzan, Shadman Equebal, Union of republican states of America, Republic of Georgetown, Renovada, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Bonaugure, Opimo, Roavin, Trumpislavia, Pinewood Island, Opplandia, New Kelp City, Nasritopia, Cobrastan A, Threat Level Midnight, and Catochristoferson.