The Galactic Federation of Lakarian is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Baltar with an even hand, and renowned for its avant-garde cinema, infamous sell-swords, and sprawling nuclear power plants. The hard-nosed, humorless, devout population of 28.438 billion Lakarianites have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized, corrupt government is effectively ruled by the Department of Law & Order, although Education is also considered important, while Social Policy and Administration are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of New Denver. The average income tax rate is 1.6%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Lakarianian economy, worth a remarkable 3,758 trillion tokens a year, is highly specialized and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 132,167 tokens, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.8 times as much as the poorest.
Political scientists despair as the national mascot election eclipses all others in voter enthusiasm, votes of no confidence regularly remove unwanted MPs, the nation is experiencing a severe shortage of sporting events, and the government has certified several glow-in-the-dark athletes as drug free. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force. Lakarian's national animal is the elderly pekinese, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Church of the Savior.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Lakarian voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Law Enforcement Education"".
- : Following new legislation in Lakarian, the government has certified several glow-in-the-dark athletes as drug free.
- : Following new legislation in Lakarian, the nation is experiencing a severe shortage of sporting events.
- : Following new legislation in Lakarian, votes of no confidence regularly remove unwanted MPs.
- : Lakarian endorsed The Federal Democratic Republic of Bonaugure.
- : Lakarian endorsed The Doge Paradise of Opimo.
- : Lakarian endorsed The Democratic Republic of Roavin.
- : Lakarian endorsed The Republic of Island group.
- : Lakarian endorsed The Dictatorship of Trumpislavia.
- : Following new legislation in Lakarian, political scientists despair as the national mascot election eclipses all others in voter enthusiasm.
Endorsements Received: 81 » Fudgetopia, Darakin, Bergenu, Curlyhoward, Chubrubs, Yeses, Ancient Slobovia, Soem, Armed Republic of Guns Addicts, Tsunamy, Sierra Lobo, Kiasu-ism, SHAYTAN UKHIROSS, The Bloodguard, Drugged Monkeys, Bear Connors Paradiso, Lioniel, Naples and Sicily, Novo England, Cape Adare, SJS Republic, Carpat, The Angle Wings, Nacho States, Yardos, Crusader Imperium, Trelatche, Liberum Hominis in Terra, Lolochie, Domzona, Miris, Eta carina 2, Hjernaruzi, South Anatolia, Toucanbay, Francesad, Westcoast Nation, Lotharonia, Valklann, Mughul, Bugmalandia, Arrow-Debreu, Doom Incarnate, Malarek, Great Scapula, Zadiner, FeSterben, Farengeto, Kringalia, Lambdaland, and 31 others.Sandaoguo, Brandaium, Eastern Copek, Belschaft, Civitopia, Lambily, Trollmel, Imkitopia, Republic Of New Found Power, Railana, The Commonwealth Of New States, Techganet, Yemassee, Denguemark, Daucus Carotia, Umberton, The International Knights, Billtonia, CatholicLibertarian, Tazbania, Dubzan, Shadman Equebal, Union of republican states of America, Republic of Georgetown, Renovada, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Bonaugure, Opimo, Roavin, Island group, and Trumpislavia.