“This has all happened before, it will all happen again”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: the South Pacific
The Galactic Federation of Lakarian is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Baltar with an even hand, and renowned for its sprawling nuclear power plants. The hard-nosed population of 24.793 billion Lakarianites have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt government stops and the rest of society begins, but it concentrates mainly on Law & Order, although Education and Religion & Spirituality are secondary priorities. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of New Denver. The average income tax rate is 27%, but much higher for the wealthy. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Information Technology industry.
Corporations are forbidden from employing outside the nation, the roads are virtually falling apart, the government has cut its subsidies for all special interest groups, and Lakarian's army is full of two-metre tall super-soldiers. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Lakarian's national animal is the elderly pekinese, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is Church of the Savior, and its currency is the token.
Most Recent Government Activity: 4 days ago
- 2 days 13 hours ago: Lakarian was endorsed by The Free Land of Myganon.
- 2 days 18 hours ago: Lakarian was endorsed by The Principality of Caasd.
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Lakarian, Lakarian's army is full of two-metre tall super-soldiers.
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Lakarian, the government has cut its subsidies for all special interest groups.
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Lakarian, the roads are virtually falling apart.
- 6 days ago: Following new legislation in Lakarian, corporations are forbidden from employing outside the nation.
- 6 days ago: Following new legislation in Lakarian, movies and computer games are strictly censored for violence.
- 6 days ago: Following new legislation in Lakarian, dozens of additional foreign policy specialists have been sent to the country's WA Mission.
- 6 days ago: Following new legislation in Lakarian, airport security is provided by private companies.
- 6 days ago: Following new legislation in Lakarian, cheese has become the new icon of political dissent.
Endorsements Received: 59 » Fudgetopia, Darakin, Bergenu, Curlyhoward, Chubrubs, Yeses, Ancient Slobovia, Soem, Atamis, Lord Booze, Kholdan, Armed Republic of Guns Addicts, The Union of Free Individuals, South Pacific Belschaft, Uprisistan, Vulkanus, Rockchester, Dovanet, Tsunamy, Assemblea Mondiale, Sierra Lobo, AtlanticTradeUnion, Kringalia, Kiasu-ism, Kien Truong, Rebel-topia of the South Pacific, TorchWood 18, Brutland and Norden, Sherlockopia, SHAYTAN UKHIROSS, The Bloodguard, Karatengisa, Drugged Monkeys, Free and Liberated People, Aschenburg, American Republic of Independent States, Bear Connors Paradiso, Edgardian Empire, Imperator Zhodo, Lanndau, Sandaoguo, TSP-Aramanchovia, The Sanghelios Legion, Qaweritoyu, Tsaqilonesia, Kevinastan, Gemack, Clambridge, Dragonflight, PenguinPies, and 9 others.Michu, Copek, Eviolap, Haldilwe, Hammondy, Yenove, Democratic republic of Riokazo, Caasd, and Myganon.