“This has all happened before, it will all happen again”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: the South Pacific
The Galactic Federation of Lakarian is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Baltar with an even hand, and notable for its keen interest in outer space. The hard-nosed, hard-working population of 24.961 billion Lakarianites have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt government stops and the rest of society begins, but it is mainly concerned with Law & Order, although Education and Religion & Spirituality are secondary priorities. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of New Denver. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 25%. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Information Technology industry.
Several citizens have complained about scientists abducting their pets for experimentation, referenda are held for every conceivable government action, otherwise healthy people are being sent to internment camps because they have VODAIS, and the fire protection service is wholly government-funded. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Lakarian's national animal is the elderly pekinese, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is Church of the Savior, and its currency is the token.
Most Recent Government Activity: 1 day 13 hours ago
- 1 day 9 hours ago: Following new legislation in Lakarian, the fire protection service is wholly government-funded.
- 1 day 9 hours ago: Following new legislation in Lakarian, otherwise healthy people are being sent to internment camps because they have VODAIS.
- 1 day 9 hours ago: Following new legislation in Lakarian, referenda are held for every conceivable government action.
- 1 day 9 hours ago: Following new legislation in Lakarian, several citizens have complained about scientists abducting their pets for experimentation.
- 1 day 9 hours ago: Following new legislation in Lakarian, all forms of advertising are banned.
- 1 day 13 hours ago: Lakarian voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Nuclear Arms Protocol".
- 5 days ago: Following new legislation in Lakarian, Pinkerton agents are called in to forcibly break up white collar strikes.
- 5 days ago: Following new legislation in Lakarian, politicians are often found scavenging bins at night to supplement their income.
- 5 days ago: Following new legislation in Lakarian, politicians constantly ring their voters to remind them how good a job they're doing.
- 5 days ago: Following new legislation in Lakarian, Lakarian's market has been colonised by the corporations of rich countries.
Endorsements Received: 57 » Fudgetopia, Darakin, Bergenu, Curlyhoward, Chubrubs, Yeses, Ancient Slobovia, Soem, Atamis, Lord Booze, Kholdan, Armed Republic of Guns Addicts, The Union of Free Individuals, South Pacific Belschaft, Uprisistan, Vulkanus, Rockchester, Dovanet, Tsunamy, Assemblea Mondiale, Sierra Lobo, AtlanticTradeUnion, Kringalia, Kiasu-ism, Kien Truong, Rebel-topia of the South Pacific, TorchWood 18, Brutland and Norden, SHAYTAN UKHIROSS, The Bloodguard, Karatengisa, Drugged Monkeys, Free and Liberated People, Aschenburg, American Republic of Independent States, Bear Connors Paradiso, Edgardian Empire, Imperator Zhodo, Lanndau, Sandaoguo, TSP-Aramanchovia, The Sanghelios Legion, Tsaqilonesia, Kevinastan, Gemack, Dragonflight, PenguinPies, Michu, Copek, Eviolap, and 7 others.Haldilwe, Hammondy, Yenove, Democratic republic of Riokazo, Caasd, Myganon, and Faircliff.