“This has all happened before, it will all happen again”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: the South Pacific
The Galactic Federation of Lakarian is a gargantuan, economically powerful nation, ruled by Baltar with an even hand, and renowned for its hatred of cheese. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 25.668 billion Lakarianites have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The large, corrupt government is effectively ruled by the Department of Law & Order, with Education also on the agenda, while Social Policy and Welfare receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of New Denver. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 3.5%.
The frighteningly efficient Lakarianian economy, worth a remarkable 3,032 trillion tokens a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Tourism and Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 118,150 tokens, with the richest citizens earning 6.2 times as much as the poorest.
The government's religious works are headed by a New Age guru, abortion is only legal in unusual circumstances, motorists' locations are constantly tracked by intelligence and law enforcement agencies, and a National Academy regulates grammar and usage. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force. Lakarian's national animal is the elderly pekinese, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Church of the Savior.
Most Recent Government Activity: 3 days 5 hours ago
- 3 days 1 hour ago: Lakarian fell out of the world Top 5% for Largest Public Sector.
- 3 days 2 hours ago: Lakarian was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Public Sector (last census: Top 5%).
- 3 days 3 hours ago: Following new legislation in Lakarian, a National Academy regulates grammar and usage.
- 3 days 3 hours ago: Following new legislation in Lakarian, motorists' locations are constantly tracked by intelligence and law enforcement agencies.
- 3 days 3 hours ago: Following new legislation in Lakarian, abortion is only legal in unusual circumstances.
- 3 days 3 hours ago: Following new legislation in Lakarian, the government's religious works are headed by a New Age guru.
- 3 days 5 hours ago: Lakarian voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Disabled Voters Act".
- 10 days ago: Following new legislation in Lakarian, school uniforms are compulsory.
- 10 days ago: Following new legislation in Lakarian, space research funding has hit a recent high while several military bases are being closed down.
- 10 days ago: Following new legislation in Lakarian, the capital of Lakarian has burned to the ground and caused riots throughout the country.
Endorsements Received: 60 » Fudgetopia, Darakin, Bergenu, Curlyhoward, Chubrubs, Yeses, Ancient Slobovia, Soem, Kholdan, Armed Republic of Guns Addicts, The Union of Free Individuals, Uprisistan, Vulkanus, Rockchester, Dovanet, Tsunamy, Sierra Lobo, Kringalia, Kiasu-ism, Kien Truong, TorchWood 18, Brutland and Norden, SHAYTAN UKHIROSS, The Bloodguard, Karatengisa, Drugged Monkeys, Aschenburg, Bear Connors Paradiso, Edgardian Empire, Lanndau, Sandaoguo, TSP-Aramanchovia, Kevinastan, Gemack, PenguinPies, Michu, Eviolap, Haldilwe, Hammondy, Caasd, Myganon, Faircliff, Haddocke, Lioniel, Capricanta, Creepypastian, Smogaria, Space Wave, Naples and Sicily, Krillion213, and 10 others.Bismart, Northern Copek, The United Pirate Lords, Southern Bellz, Escade, Kalukmangala, Novo England, Antarctican Penguin Empire, Cape Adare, and SJS Republic.