The Galactic Federation of Lakarian is a gargantuan, orderly nation, ruled by Baltar with an iron fist, and remarkable for its anti-smoking policies, ubiquitous missile silos, and otherworldly petting zoo. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless, devout population of 29.298 billion Lakarianites are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The minute, corrupt, well-organized government, or what there is of one, is solely concerned with Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of New Denver. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient Lakarianian economy, worth a remarkable 3,746 trillion tokens a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing and Book Publishing. Black market activity is frequent. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 127,880 tokens, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.4 times as much as the poorest.
Park rangers struggle to deal with a rash of stolen pic-a-nic baskets, rumours have it that a secret police is responsible for the recent spate of missing persons, condemned prisoners spend hours a day sitting in lotus position looking perplexed, and private law firms are unheard of. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force. Lakarian's national animal is the elderly pekinese, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Church of the Savior.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Lakarian, private law firms are unheard of.
- : Following new legislation in Lakarian, condemned prisoners spend hours a day sitting in lotus position looking perplexed.
- : Following new legislation in Lakarian, rumours have it that a secret police is responsible for the recent spate of missing persons.
- : Lakarian was reclassified from "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy" to "Father Knows Best State".
- : Following new legislation in Lakarian, park rangers struggle to deal with a rash of stolen pic-a-nic baskets.
- : Following new legislation in Lakarian, 'To Regulate And Beyond' is the unofficial motto of the Lakarianian Space Agency.
- : Following new legislation in Lakarian, children fear compulsory visits to their spiritual advisors more than the dentist.
- : Following new legislation in Lakarian, the new hit series "Lakarian's Got Trauma" has corporate executives fleeing the country.
- : Following new legislation in Lakarian, the mining industry has taken a hit from tighter environmental regulations.
- : Following new legislation in Lakarian, the nation is committed to nuclear rearmament.
Endorsements Received: 64 » Fudgetopia, Darakin, Bergenu, Curlyhoward, Chubrubs, Yeses, Ancient Slobovia, Soem, Tsunamy, Kiasu-ism, SHAYTAN UKHIROSS, The Bloodguard, Drugged Monkeys, Bear Connors Paradiso, Lioniel, Cape Adare, SJS Republic, The Angle Wings, Yardos, Crusader Imperium, Trelatche, Lolochie, Miris, Francesad, Westcoast Nation, Bugmalandia, Doom Incarnate, Great Scapula, Zadiner, Farengeto, Kringalia, Lambdaland, Sandaoguo, Eastern Copek, Belschaft, Lambily, Trollmel, Republic Of New Found Power, Denguemark, Billtonia, Shadman Equebal, Union of republican states of America, Renovada, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Bonaugure, Opimo, Trumpislavia, Pinewood Island, Opplandia, Nasritopia, and 14 others.Cobrastan A, Catochristoferson, Nooooooooooooooope, New Lancre, Ownzone, Aystralia, DontStarve, Green Garden, Lantica, Monkstar, His Imperial Holiness Konrad, Wolfmech, Rylothian, and Gothamopulis.