The Galactic Federation of Lakarian is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by Baltar with an even hand, and remarkable for its flagrant waste-dumping, hatred of cheese, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, humorless, devout population of 27.524 billion Lakarianites have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The large, corrupt government is effectively ruled by the Department of Law & Order, although Education is also considered important, while Social Policy and Administration aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of New Denver. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient Lakarianian economy, worth a remarkable 3,509 trillion tokens a year, is highly specialized and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Tourism and Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 127,519 tokens, with the richest citizens earning 6.2 times as much as the poorest.
The government extracts trade concessions from poor nations in exchange for humanitarian aid, biology and religious education classes have recently been merged, some members of Parliament are illiterate, and the education system is famed for its taxing exams. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force. Lakarian's national animal is the elderly pekinese, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Church of the Savior.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Lakarian, the education system is famed for its taxing exams.
- : Following new legislation in Lakarian, some members of Parliament are illiterate.
- : Following new legislation in Lakarian, biology and religious education classes have recently been merged.
- : Following new legislation in Lakarian, the government extracts trade concessions from poor nations in exchange for humanitarian aid.
- : Following new legislation in Lakarian, politicians are often found scavenging bins at night to supplement their income.
- : Lakarian withdrew its endorsement from The Feirmont of The Sanghelios Legion.
- : Lakarian withdrew its endorsement from The His Syrupy Oddish-Pancake of Feirmont.
- : Lakarian endorsed The TSP Vice Delegate of Imkitopia.
- : Following new legislation in Lakarian, movie references are legally admissible in court.
- : Following new legislation in Lakarian, popular candidates who don't suffer last-second political scandals tend to get fished out of the New Denver River.
Endorsements Received: 58 » Fudgetopia, Darakin, Bergenu, Curlyhoward, Chubrubs, Yeses, Ancient Slobovia, Soem, Armed Republic of Guns Addicts, The Union of Free Individuals, Tsunamy, Sierra Lobo, Kringalia, Kiasu-ism, Kien Truong, SHAYTAN UKHIROSS, The Bloodguard, Drugged Monkeys, Aschenburg, Bear Connors Paradiso, Edgardian Empire, Sandaoguo, Caasd, Lioniel, Naples and Sicily, Northern Copek, Novo England, Cape Adare, SJS Republic, Carpat, Bonaugure, The Angle Wings, Nacho States, Yardos, Todler, Crusader Imperium, Trelatche, Feirmont, Liberum Hominis in Terra, Lolochie, Averre, Hileville, Domzona, Miris, Lotharonia, Kaara Moki, Eta carina 2, Hjernaruzi, Sovereign Nation of the Creators, Farengeto, and 8 others.Imkitopia, Belhomme, Scyllaland, South Anatolia, Toucanbay, Francesad, United Aynn, and Westcoast Nation.