“Freedom cannot be defended with Tyranny”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Handshaker
Location: the South Pacific
The Galactic Federation of Lakarian is a gargantuan, economically powerful nation, ruled by The Federation President with a fair hand, and notable for its anti-smoking policies. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 23.187 billion enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt government stops and the rest of society begins, but it concentrates mainly on Law & Order, although Education and Religion & Spirituality are secondary priorities. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of New Denver. The average income tax rate is 37%. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Information Technology industry.
Legislation sometimes has to battle through weeks of filibustering to pass, the government is pouring money into 'Operation Enduring Democracy', prisons are crowded with possible terrorist suspects, and the controversial show 'Who Wants to be an Immigrant?' has become wildly popular. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Lakarian's national animal is the elderly pekinese, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is Church of the Savior, and its currency is the token.
Most Recent Government Activity: 11 days ago
- 5 days ago: Lakarian was endorsed by The United Socialist States of The Zhukov Regime.
- 10 days ago: Following new legislation in Lakarian, the controversial show 'Who Wants to be an Immigrant?' has become wildly popular.
- 10 days ago: Following new legislation in Lakarian, prisons are crowded with possible terrorist suspects.
- 10 days ago: Following new legislation in Lakarian, the government is pouring money into 'Operation Enduring Democracy'.
- 10 days ago: Following new legislation in Lakarian, legislation sometimes has to battle through weeks of filibustering to pass.
- 10 days ago: Following new legislation in Lakarian, citizens are bombarded with advertising from their compulsory miniature radios.
- 11 days ago: Lakarian voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Renewable Energy Installations"".
- 11 days ago: Lakarian endorsed The Extremely Grumpy Guys of The Bloodguard.
- 16 days ago: Lakarian was endorsed by The Extremely Grumpy Guys of The Bloodguard.
- 17 days ago: Lakarian was reclassified from "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy" to "New York Times Democracy".
Endorsements Received: 52 » Fudgetopia, Darakin, Bergenu, Curlyhoward, Chubrubs, Yeses, Ancient Slobovia, Soem, Brittany the Great, Atamis, Lord Booze, Kholdan, Armed Republic of Guns Addicts, Unionized America, The Allied Elyponic States, The Union of Free Individuals, Crapotopia, South Pacific Belschaft, Michu, Uprisistan, Sheepatropolis, Aramanchovia, Vulkanus, Andermanni, Azuremyst Glades, Rockchester, Dovanet, El Moriyana, Tsunamy, Assemblea Mondiale, Sierra Lobo, AtlanticTradeUnion, Kringalia, QueenEmma, Kiasu-ism, Kien Truong, Saccularious, Alv, Escade, Church Hills, Rebel-topia of the South Pacific, TorchWood 18, Brutland and Norden, Hileville, Sherlockopia, San Triumphus, Iyadara, Emily Ruff, Elentia, SHAYTAN UKHIROSS, and 2 others.The Bloodguard, and The Zhukov Regime.