“This has all happened before, it will all happen again”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: the South Pacific
The Galactic Federation of Lakarian is a gargantuan, economically powerful nation, ruled by Baltar with an even hand, and remarkable for its complete lack of prisons. The hard-nosed, hard-working population of 25.31 billion Lakarianites have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt government stops and the rest of society begins, but it concentrates mainly on Law & Order, although Education and Religion & Spirituality are secondary priorities. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of New Denver. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 13%. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
Teachers are routinely tested to keep their jobs, the government has enacted freedom of information, citizens are allowed to rise or fall based on their own merits, and prospective parents are cheering on the streets as they no longer need a license to have children. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Lakarian's national animal is the elderly pekinese, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is Church of the Savior, and its currency is the token.
Most Recent Government Activity: 1 day 3 hours ago
- 23 hours ago: Following new legislation in Lakarian, prospective parents are cheering on the streets as they no longer need a license to have children.
- 23 hours ago: Following new legislation in Lakarian, citizens are allowed to rise or fall based on their own merits.
- 23 hours ago: Following new legislation in Lakarian, the government has enacted freedom of information.
- 23 hours ago: Following new legislation in Lakarian, teachers are routinely tested to keep their jobs.
- 23 hours ago: Following new legislation in Lakarian, surrealist houses shaped like mushrooms and volcanoes dominate the wealthiest neighborhoods.
- 1 day 3 hours ago: Lakarian endorsed The Sparkly of Escade.
- 1 day 3 hours ago: Lakarian endorsed The Southern Bell of Southern Bellz.
- 1 day 3 hours ago: Lakarian endorsed The Chaotic Armies of The United Pirate Lords.
- 1 day 3 hours ago: Lakarian voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Foreign Patent Recognition".
- 2 days 6 hours ago: Lakarian was endorsed by The Sparkly of Escade.
Endorsements Received: 62 » Fudgetopia, Darakin, Bergenu, Curlyhoward, Chubrubs, Yeses, Ancient Slobovia, Soem, Lord Booze, Kholdan, Armed Republic of Guns Addicts, The Union of Free Individuals, Uprisistan, Vulkanus, Rockchester, Dovanet, Tsunamy, Sierra Lobo, Kringalia, Kiasu-ism, Kien Truong, TorchWood 18, Brutland and Norden, SHAYTAN UKHIROSS, The Bloodguard, Karatengisa, Drugged Monkeys, Free and Liberated People, Aschenburg, Bear Connors Paradiso, Edgardian Empire, Lanndau, Sandaoguo, TSP-Aramanchovia, The Sanghelios Legion, Tsaqilonesia, Kevinastan, Gemack, Dragonflight, PenguinPies, Michu, Eviolap, Haldilwe, Hammondy, Yenove, Caasd, Myganon, Faircliff, Haddocke, The New States Of The US Marines, and 12 others.Lioniel, Capricanta, Creepypastian, Smogaria, Space Wave, Naples and Sicily, Krillion213, Bismart, Northern Copek, The United Pirate Lords, Southern Bellz, and Escade.