The Galactic Federation of Lakarian is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Baltar with an even hand, and renowned for its rum-swilling pirates, ubiquitous missile silos, and compulsory gun ownership. The hard-nosed, democratic, humorless, devout population of 26.642 billion Lakarianites have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The large, corrupt government is effectively ruled by the Department of Law & Order, with Education also on the agenda, while Social Policy and Welfare receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of New Denver. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 2.3%.
The frighteningly efficient Lakarianian economy, worth a remarkable 3,342 trillion tokens a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Tourism and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 125,461 tokens, with the richest citizens earning 5.5 times as much as the poorest.
The nation refuses to discard its increasingly useless penny, phone taps are frequently carried out by the police, the government snoops on private internet connections, and politicians are often found scavenging bins at night to supplement their income. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force. Lakarian's national animal is the elderly pekinese, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Church of the Savior.
Most Recent Government Activity: 5 days ago
- 4 days ago: Lakarian was endorsed by The Against the Wind of Todler.
- 5 days ago: Lakarian was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Public Sector (last census: Top 5%).
- 5 days ago: Following new legislation in Lakarian, politicians are often found scavenging bins at night to supplement their income.
- 5 days ago: Following new legislation in Lakarian, the government snoops on private internet connections.
- 6 days ago: Lakarian was endorsed by The Constitutional Monarchy of Newstro.
- 6 days ago: Following new legislation in Lakarian, phone taps are frequently carried out by the police.
- 6 days ago: Following new legislation in Lakarian, the nation refuses to discard its increasingly useless penny.
- 6 days ago: Following new legislation in Lakarian, organ donation is compulsory.
- 6 days ago: Following new legislation in Lakarian, anti-government political posters adorn every building like wallpaper.
- 6 days ago: Following new legislation in Lakarian, firebombing politicians' offices has become a common way of expressing dissatisfaction.
Endorsements Received: 55 » Fudgetopia, Darakin, Bergenu, Curlyhoward, Chubrubs, Yeses, Ancient Slobovia, Soem, Kholdan, Armed Republic of Guns Addicts, The Union of Free Individuals, Vulkanus, Rockchester, Tsunamy, Sierra Lobo, Kringalia, Kiasu-ism, Kien Truong, Brutland and Norden, SHAYTAN UKHIROSS, The Bloodguard, Karatengisa, Drugged Monkeys, Aschenburg, Bear Connors Paradiso, Edgardian Empire, Sandaoguo, PenguinPies, Michu, Haldilwe, Caasd, Haddocke, Lioniel, Smogaria, Space Wave, Naples and Sicily, Northern Copek, The United Pirate Lords, Southern Bellz, Escade, Novo England, Cape Adare, SJS Republic, Carpat, Bonaugure, Republic of Hasgriu, Brimain, The Peoples Emirate, Dakota Prime, The Angle Wings, and 5 others.Nacho States, Yardos, Aquiloni, Newstro, and Todler.