The Galactic Federation of Lakarian is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Baltar with an even hand, and renowned for its frequent executions, smutty television, and suspicion of poets. The hard-nosed, humorless, devout population of 26.806 billion Lakarianites have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The large, corrupt government is effectively ruled by the Department of Law & Order, with Education also on the agenda, while Social Policy and Welfare are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of New Denver. The average income tax rate is 2.3%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Lakarianian economy, worth a remarkable 3,384 trillion tokens a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Tourism and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 126,267 tokens, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.7 times as much as the poorest.
EpiPen sales have skyrocketed, major cities are suffering under water rationing, citizens are barcoded to keep track of their movements, and half of Lakarian's doctors can't speak the language. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force. Lakarian's national animal is the elderly pekinese, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Church of the Savior.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Lakarian, half of Lakarian's doctors can't speak the language.
- : Following new legislation in Lakarian, citizens are barcoded to keep track of their movements.
- : Following new legislation in Lakarian, major cities are suffering under water rationing.
- : Following new legislation in Lakarian, EpiPen sales have skyrocketed.
- : Following new legislation in Lakarian, crop circles are intently studied by investigators with questionable merits.
- : Following new legislation in Lakarian, 'Police Academy 36' and 'Sharknados On A Plane' are vying for top spot at the box-office.
- : Lakarian endorsed The Principality of Lolochie.
- : Lakarian endorsed The Dictatorship of Liberum Hominis in Terra.
- : Lakarian was endorsed by The Principality of Lolochie.
- : Following new legislation in Lakarian, residents of newly dried out bays live in fear of leaky dikes.
Endorsements Received: 56 » Fudgetopia, Darakin, Bergenu, Curlyhoward, Chubrubs, Yeses, Ancient Slobovia, Soem, Kholdan, Armed Republic of Guns Addicts, The Union of Free Individuals, Rockchester, Tsunamy, Sierra Lobo, Kringalia, Kiasu-ism, Kien Truong, Brutland and Norden, SHAYTAN UKHIROSS, The Bloodguard, Karatengisa, Drugged Monkeys, Aschenburg, Bear Connors Paradiso, Edgardian Empire, Sandaoguo, PenguinPies, Michu, Haldilwe, Caasd, Haddocke, Lioniel, Space Wave, Naples and Sicily, Northern Copek, Southern Bellz, Escade, Novo England, Cape Adare, SJS Republic, Carpat, Bonaugure, Republic of Hasgriu, The Peoples Emirate, The Angle Wings, Nacho States, Yardos, Aquiloni, Newstro, Todler, and 6 others.Crusader Imperium, Valklann, Trelatche, Feirmont, Liberum Hominis in Terra, and Lolochie.