“Tuhan lindungilah sang raja!”
|Category: Left-Leaning College State|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: 10000 Islands
The Constitutional Monarchy of Lahuland is a colossal, economically powerful nation, ruled by King Euthychos Giselbert with an even hand, and remarkable for its sprawling nuclear power plants. The hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 5.561 billion Lahulanders enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Commerce, Law & Order, and Defence. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Belenos. The average income tax rate is 55%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Information Technology industry, followed by Tourism and Arms Manufacturing.
Procrastination is a national sport, the 'kind of scrawny' 500 meter hurdle is a popular event, prison visits increase substantially during election years, and it is illegal for police officers to carry out searches due to strict privacy laws. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Lahuland's national animal is the deer, which is also the nation's favorite main course, its national religion is religions mixed with local wisdoms, and its currency is the Lahuland Dollar.
Most Recent Government Activity: 3 days 10 hours ago
- 11 hours ago: Lahuland was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Cultured (last census: Top 10%).
- 3 days ago: Lahuland was reclassified from "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy" to "Left-Leaning College State".
- 3 days ago: Following new legislation in Lahuland, it is illegal for police officers to carry out searches due to strict privacy laws.
- 3 days ago: Following new legislation in Lahuland, prison visits increase substantially during election years.
- 3 days 10 hours ago: Lahuland voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Sciongrad".
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Lahuland, the 'kind of scrawny' 500 meter hurdle is a popular event.
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Lahuland, procrastination is a national sport.
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Lahuland, notable individuals are granted land and titles.
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Lahuland, the government is reining in public spending.
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Lahuland, commuter vessels have trouble staying afloat due to increased passengers.
Endorsements Received: 43 » The Soylent Green Party, Dustwind, Christian Indonesia, Spadanera, Anollasia, FreeGunsForAll, Solleana, Achiotopia, Edorask, Thesan, Kokkinostan, Chronopolice, Onarii, Blogotopia, Osea Island, Rex Republic, The Blessed and Almighty Bog, Future of Mankind, Northern Koryeo, Thomason, Puerto Barrio, Kelvinski, Seranis, Imbarien, Samonaemia, Wolfhunters, Voltzenkrad, Steidenland, Dendor, Slaytania, Benevolent Thomas, Mystiquelle, Naarang, Coreras, Daves most Amazing Nation To Ever Nation, Testa, Aeneasia, Lost Islands of Pantagon, Strenuus, Skiles Empire, Beiluxia, The Bear Pits, and The Isle of Tol Eressea.