“Tuhan lindungilah sang raja!”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: 10000 Islands
The Constitutional Monarchy of Lahuland is a massive, economically powerful nation, ruled by King Euthychos Giselbert with a fair hand, and renowned for its museums and concert halls. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 4.948 billion have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Commerce, Law & Order, and Healthcare. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Belenos. The average income tax rate is 24%, but much higher for the wealthy. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Information Technology industry, followed by Tourism and Arms Manufacturing.
Tax evaders are regularly visited by agents of the Lahuland Blood Tithe, photographers have to apply for a license to photograph King Euthychos Giselbert, voters must frequently select what they view as the lesser of two evils on the ballot, and construction of the Really Big Hadron Collider is underway. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Lahuland's national animal is the deer, which is also the nation's favorite main course, its national religion is a major religion, and its currency is the Lahuland Dollar.
Most Recent Government Activity: 13 hours ago
- 106 minutes ago: Lahuland was reclassified from "New York Times Democracy" to "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy".
- 106 minutes ago: Following new legislation in Lahuland, construction of the Really Big Hadron Collider is underway.
- 106 minutes ago: Following new legislation in Lahuland, voters must frequently select what they view as the lesser of two evils on the ballot.
- 1 day 1 hour ago: Following new legislation in Lahuland, photographers have to apply for a license to photograph King Euthychos Giselbert.
- 1 day 1 hour ago: Following new legislation in Lahuland, tax evaders are regularly visited by agents of the Lahuland Blood Tithe.
- 1 day 1 hour ago: Following new legislation in Lahuland, the government recently relinquished its monopoly on the mail service.
- 1 day 1 hour ago: Following new legislation in Lahuland, mandatory daycare is provided by the government.
- 1 day 11 hours ago: Lahuland endorsed The GRO of Anime Daisuki.
- 1 day 12 hours ago: Lahuland was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens (last census: Top 10%).
- 2 days 8 hours ago: Lahuland was endorsed by The GRO of Anime Daisuki.
Endorsements Received: 52 » The Soylent Green Party, Dustwind, Christian Indonesia, Spadanera, Anollasia, FreeGunsForAll, Solleana, Achiotopia, Edorask, KooKachoo, Thesan, Kokkinostan, Chronopolice, Onarii, Blogotopia, Ever peak, Takosu, Great-Bohemia, Biblical Importance, Osea Island, Lubnid, Rex Republic, Cammiwoo, Republic of VEW, Happy Kitten Death Chain Land, The Blessed and Almighty Bog, Future of Mankind, Northern Koryeo, Thomason, Puerto Barrio, Kelvinski, Seranis, YildizBona, Krallaria, Imbarien, Samonaemia, Wolfhunters, Wailfolk, Voltzenkrad, Ozylandias, Steidenland, Dendor, Indian Empire, Slaytania, Korbinas, The United Libertarian regions, Benevolent Thomas, Mystiquelle, Naarang, Coreras, and 2 others.Foreverson, and Anime Daisuki.