“Tuhan lindungilah sang raja!”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: 10000 Islands
The Constitutional Monarchy of Lahuland is a massive, economically powerful nation, ruled by King Euthychos Giselbert with an even hand, and notable for its keen interest in outer space. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 2.97 billion have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Defence, Law & Order, and Commerce. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Belenos. The average income tax rate is 82%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Information Technology industry, followed by Tourism and Soda Sales.
The armed forces are locked in an expensive and bloody war abroad to stamp out possible terrorists, CDs are regularly copy-protected, businesses often fire workers in favour of cheaper automatic systems, and punitive tariffs protect local industry. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Lahuland's national animal is the deer, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the Lahuland Dollar.
Most Recent Government Activity: 7 hours ago
- 9 hours ago: Following new legislation in Lahuland, punitive tariffs protect local industry.
- 21 hours ago: Following new legislation in Lahuland, businesses often fire workers in favour of cheaper automatic systems.
- 1 day 6 hours ago: Lahuland endorsed The Republic of Northern Koryeo.
- 1 day 9 hours ago: Following new legislation in Lahuland, CDs are regularly copy-protected.
- 1 day 15 hours ago: Lahuland was endorsed by The Republic of Northern Koryeo.
- 1 day 21 hours ago: Following new legislation in Lahuland, the armed forces are locked in an expensive and bloody war abroad to stamp out possible terrorists.
- 2 days 9 hours ago: Following new legislation in Lahuland, all-natural foods are becoming a major fad.
- 2 days 9 hours ago: Lahuland voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Jakker".
- 2 days 21 hours ago: Following new legislation in Lahuland, only 'organics' are permitted to be citizens.
- 3 days 1 hour ago: Lahuland voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Chemical Weapons Convention".
Endorsements Received: 73 (The Soylent Green Party, Ikhlaqistan, Dustwind, Christian Indonesia, Freecalifornia, Sigsauer and zachary, Spadanera, Voodoo garden, Anollasia, FreeGunsForAll, Moogs World, Isoldi, Solleana, Achiotopia, Edorask, KooKachoo, Thesan, Kokkinostan, Ravenclaw Towers, Chronopolice, Onarii, Blogotopia, Pacific Commonwealth, Coreras, Western Zweiback, Alvisiror, Edgemaster, Northeast Cape, Ever peak, Takosu, Decorder, Foxdale, Great-Bohemia, Walosia, Biblical Importance, Splanger, Rimmerand, Eat_aly, Tristan da King, Osea Island, Lubnid, The Fried Fritos, Bullintine, The Republic of Michigan, Rex Republic, Cammiwoo, Republic of VEW, CorruptionLake, Stas Nikitin, Sehkmet, The Amazon Isles, The Republic of the Dragon, Shpeltzland, Republic of Carl, Mega, Ostroma, United Republic of India, Woonsocket, Glaciacium, Glaciem, Sonnalta, Steidenland, Happy Kitten Death Chain Land, The Blessed and Almighty Bog, Future of Mankind, The Laurentian Islands, Venerus, Oceanic Republic, Shenanigans, Olivia the Pig, Ayunli, Anime Daisuki, Northern Koryeo)