“Tuhan lindungilah sang raja!”
|Category: Corporate Bordello|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: 10000 Islands
The Constitutional Monarchy of Lahuland is a massive, socially progressive nation, ruled by King Euthychos Giselbert with a fair hand, and renowned for its complete lack of public education. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 4.99 billion are effectively ruled by a group of massive corporations, who run for political office and provide their well-off citizens with world-class goods and services. Their poorer citizens, however, are mostly starving to death while being urged to go out and get real jobs. The populace has reasonably extensive civil rights, although these are mostly aimed at allowing them to buy whatever they like.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Commerce, Law & Order, and Healthcare. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Belenos. The average income tax rate is 20%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Information Technology industry, followed by Tourism and Arms Manufacturing.
The government snoops on private internet connections, major internet servers have acquired citizenship, citizens are bombarded with advertising from their compulsory miniature radios, and graffiti graces every city's streets. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Lahuland's national animal is the deer, which is also the nation's favorite main course, its national religion is a major religion, and its currency is the Lahuland Dollar.
Most Recent Government Activity: 15 hours ago
- 13 hours ago: Following new legislation in Lahuland, graffiti graces every city's streets.
- 13 hours ago: Following new legislation in Lahuland, citizens are bombarded with advertising from their compulsory miniature radios.
- 1 day 13 hours ago: Lahuland was reclassified from "Capitalist Paradise" to "Corporate Bordello".
- 1 day 13 hours ago: Following new legislation in Lahuland, major internet servers have acquired citizenship.
- 1 day 13 hours ago: Following new legislation in Lahuland, the government snoops on private internet connections.
- 1 day 14 hours ago: Lahuland voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Commend The NationStates Community"".
- 1 day 14 hours ago: Lahuland voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Reproductive Freedoms"".
- 2 days 13 hours ago: Following new legislation in Lahuland, the government props up questionable pizza establishments in the name of health.
- 2 days 13 hours ago: Following new legislation in Lahuland, the government is making attempts at curtailing the flood of spam emails with little progress.
- 3 days 13 hours ago: Following new legislation in Lahuland, all streets are privately owned toll roads.
Endorsements Received: 48 » The Soylent Green Party, Dustwind, Christian Indonesia, Spadanera, Anollasia, FreeGunsForAll, Solleana, Achiotopia, Edorask, KooKachoo, Thesan, Kokkinostan, Chronopolice, Onarii, Blogotopia, Takosu, Great-Bohemia, Biblical Importance, Osea Island, Lubnid, Rex Republic, Cammiwoo, Republic of VEW, Happy Kitten Death Chain Land, The Blessed and Almighty Bog, Future of Mankind, Northern Koryeo, Thomason, Puerto Barrio, Kelvinski, Seranis, YildizBona, Krallaria, Imbarien, Samonaemia, Wolfhunters, Wailfolk, Voltzenkrad, Ozylandias, Steidenland, Dendor, Slaytania, Korbinas, The United Libertarian regions, Benevolent Thomas, Mystiquelle, Naarang, and Coreras.