“Tuhan lindungilah sang raja!”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: 10000 Islands
The Constitutional Monarchy of Lahuland is a colossal, socially progressive nation, ruled by King Euthychos Giselbert with an even hand, and renowned for its complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working population of 6.075 billion Lahulanders have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Commerce, Law & Order, and Defence. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Belenos. The average income tax rate is 63%, and even higher for the wealthy. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Information Technology industry, followed by Tourism and Arms Manufacturing.
The new Refuse Hills housing development is under construction, houses and businesses are bulldozed to make way for ever-expanding cemeteries, commercial jingles have been ham-handedly forced into world renowned symphonies, and Deer is one of the most popular forenames in Lahuland. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Lahuland's national animal is the deer, which is also the nation's favorite main course, its national religion is religions mixed with local wisdoms, and its currency is the Lahuland Dollar.
Most Recent Government Activity: 3 days 14 hours ago
- 3 days 11 hours ago: Following new legislation in Lahuland, Deer is one of the most popular forenames in Lahuland.
- 3 days 11 hours ago: Following new legislation in Lahuland, commercial jingles have been ham-handedly forced into world renowned symphonies.
- 3 days 11 hours ago: Following new legislation in Lahuland, houses and businesses are bulldozed to make way for ever-expanding cemeteries.
- 3 days 11 hours ago: Following new legislation in Lahuland, the new Refuse Hills housing development is under construction.
- 3 days 11 hours ago: Following new legislation in Lahuland, untold millions of Lahuland Dollars are going into a new government-funded maternity leave scheme.
- 3 days 14 hours ago: Lahuland voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Vandoosa".
- 3 days 14 hours ago: Lahuland endorsed The Kingdom of United People of Pluto.
- 3 days 14 hours ago: Lahuland endorsed The United Systems of Nojia.
- 5 days ago: Lahuland was endorsed by The Kingdom of United People of Pluto.
- 7 days ago: Lahuland was endorsed by The United Systems of Nojia.
Endorsements Received: 41 » The Soylent Green Party, Dustwind, Christian Indonesia, Anollasia, FreeGunsForAll, Solleana, Achiotopia, Edorask, Thesan, Chronopolice, Onarii, Blogotopia, Osea Island, Rex Republic, The Blessed and Almighty Bog, Thomason, Kelvinski, Seranis, Imbarien, Wolfhunters, Steidenland, Slaytania, Mystiquelle, Coreras, Testa, Lost Islands of Pantagon, Strenuus, Beiluxia, The Isle of Tol Eressea, Markanite, Republic Of Sindria, LARF, Earth Federation, Goat Horns, Zyrcrestia, Aipotu Ruo, Puerto Barrio, Spncrgmn, Elzirn, Nojia, and United People of Pluto.