“Tuhan lindungilah sang raja!”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: 10000 Islands
The Constitutional Monarchy of Lahuland is a colossal, safe nation, ruled by King Euthychos Giselbert with an even hand, and renowned for its restrictive gun laws. The hard-nosed, hard-working population of 6.037 billion Lahulanders have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Commerce, Law & Order, and Defence. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Belenos. The average income tax rate is 61%, and even higher for the wealthy. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Information Technology industry, followed by Tourism and Arms Manufacturing.
Voters must frequently select what they view as the lesser of two evils on the ballot, dog breeding has been banned in accordance with recent animal experimentation laws, graffiti graces every city's streets, and the "Underwear of Women in Power" issue of The Belenos Times is sold out. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Lahuland's national animal is the deer, which is also the nation's favorite main course, its national religion is religions mixed with local wisdoms, and its currency is the Lahuland Dollar.
Most Recent Government Activity: 1 day 20 hours ago
- 1 day 11 hours ago: Lahuland was endorsed by The United Systems of Nojia.
- 1 day 12 hours ago: Following new legislation in Lahuland, the "Underwear of Women in Power" issue of The Belenos Times is sold out.
- 1 day 12 hours ago: Following new legislation in Lahuland, graffiti graces every city's streets.
- 1 day 12 hours ago: Following new legislation in Lahuland, dog breeding has been banned in accordance with recent animal experimentation laws.
- 1 day 12 hours ago: Following new legislation in Lahuland, voters must frequently select what they view as the lesser of two evils on the ballot.
- 1 day 12 hours ago: Following new legislation in Lahuland, the tenet of free speech is held dear.
- 1 day 20 hours ago: Lahuland voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Rules of Surrender".
- 1 day 20 hours ago: Lahuland voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Condemn North Korea"".
- 2 days 22 hours ago: Lahuland was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Developed.
- 6 days ago: Following new legislation in Lahuland, corporate 'hostile takeovers' now involve ICBMs and main battle tanks.
Endorsements Received: 40 » The Soylent Green Party, Dustwind, Christian Indonesia, Anollasia, FreeGunsForAll, Solleana, Achiotopia, Edorask, Thesan, Chronopolice, Onarii, Blogotopia, Osea Island, Rex Republic, The Blessed and Almighty Bog, Thomason, Kelvinski, Seranis, Imbarien, Wolfhunters, Steidenland, Slaytania, Mystiquelle, Coreras, Testa, Lost Islands of Pantagon, Strenuus, Beiluxia, The Isle of Tol Eressea, Markanite, Republic Of Sindria, LARF, Earth Federation, Goat Horns, Zyrcrestia, Aipotu Ruo, Puerto Barrio, Spncrgmn, Elzirn, and Nojia.