|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: The Americas
The Queen's State of Lac Des Chein is a colossal, socially progressive nation, renowned for its barren, inhospitable landscape. The hard-nosed, intelligent population of 9.23 billion Lac Des Cheinians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Social Welfare, Commerce, and Education. The average income tax rate is 30%, but much higher for the wealthy. A robust private sector is led by the Uranium Mining industry, followed by Beef-Based Agriculture and Book Publishing.
Corporations are forbidden from employing outside the nation, retirement homes are often fitted with luxurious suites, army rations are served on silver platters, and the country's famous rainforests are being bulldozed by the mining industry. Crime is well under control, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Lac Des Chein's national animal is the deer, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its currency is the betale.
Most Recent Government Activity: 17 days ago
- 47 days ago: Lac Des Chein was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Healthiest Citizens.
- 145 days ago: Lac Des Chein changed its national animal to "deer", its currency to "betale", and its nation type to "Queen's State".
- 145 days ago: Lac Des Chein altered its national flag.
- 171 days ago: Lac Des Chein was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Subsidized Industry.
- 194 days ago: Lac Des Chein was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Primitive.
- 196 days ago: Lac Des Chein fell out of the regional Top 10% for Safest.
- 199 days ago: Lac Des Chein changed its national nation type to "State".
- 200 days ago: Lac Des Chein was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Furniture Restoration Industry.
- 213 days ago: Lac Des Chein was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Safest.
- 218 days ago: Lac Des Chein was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Agricultural Sector.