|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Republic of Lac Des Chein is a colossal, socially progressive nation, notable for its barren, inhospitable landscape. Its hard-nosed, intelligent population of 7.66 billion enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Social Welfare, Commerce, and Education. The average income tax rate is 27%, but much higher for the wealthy. A robust private sector is led by the Uranium Mining industry, followed by Beef-Based Agriculture and Book Publishing.
Corporations are forbidden from employing outside the nation, retirement homes are often fitted with luxurious suites, army rations are served on silver platters, and the country's famous rainforests are being bulldozed by the mining industry. Crime is well under control, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Lac Des Chein's national animal is the eagle, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its currency is the dollar.
Most Recent Government Activity: 23 days ago
- 16 days ago: Lac Des Chein was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Primitive.
- 17 days ago: Lac Des Chein was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Subsidized Industry.
- 34 days ago: Lac Des Chein was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- 74 days ago: Lac Des Chein's influence in Japvia fell from "Vassal" to "Minnow".
- 75 days ago: Lac Des Chein's influence in Japvia fell from "Truckler" to "Vassal".
- 76 days ago: Lac Des Chein's influence in Japvia fell from "Instigator" to "Truckler".
- 76 days ago: Lac Des Chein's influence in Japvia rose from "Minnow" to "Instigator".
- 77 days ago: Lac Des Chein relocated from Balder to Japvia.
- 77 days ago: Lac Des Chein was refounded in Balder.
- 287 days ago: Lac Des Chein ceased to exist.