The Republic of Lab is a colossal, efficient nation, ruled by Mr Arby with an even hand, and renowned for its museums and concert halls, restrictive gun laws, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic population of 6.934 billion Labites enjoy extensive civil rights and enjoy a level of social equality free from the usual accompanying government corruption.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, socially-minded morass — juggles the competing demands of Environment, Education, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Lab City. The average income tax rate is 90.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The very strong Labian economy, worth 523 trillion Cups a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 75,473 Cups, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Dozens of additional foreign policy specialists have been sent to the country's WA Mission, organ donation rates have hit a new low, the Supreme Court vehemently protects civil rights and the right to privacy, and fewer people are bathing as citizens must show ration stamps before they can turn on their faucets. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Lab's national animal is the Lion, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity: 3 days 1 hour ago
- 3 days 1 hour ago: Lab voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn the Pacific".
- 14 days ago: Lab was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Longest Average Lifespans (last census: Top 10%).
- 19 days ago: Lab voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Mahaj".
- 19 days ago: Lab voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Reducing Automobile Emissions"".
- 21 days ago: Lab was reclassified from "Democratic Socialists" to "Scandinavian Liberal Paradise".
- 22 days ago: Lab was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Public Sector (last census: Top 10%).
- 24 days ago: Lab was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Smartest Citizens (last census: Top 10%).
- 28 days ago: Lab was endorsed by The Free Land of Escarforia.
- 28 days ago: Lab was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Popular Tourist Destinations (last census: Top 5%).
- 29 days ago: Lab was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Rebellious Youth (last census: Top 10%).