The Republic of Lab is a colossal, efficient nation, ruled by Mr Arby with an even hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls, anti-smoking policies, and daily referendums. The compassionate, democratic population of 6.755 billion Labites are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, socially-minded morass — juggles the competing demands of Environment, Education, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Lab City. The average income tax rate is 91.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The very strong Labian economy, worth 509 trillion Cups a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 75,394 Cups, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Dozens of additional foreign policy specialists have been sent to the country's WA Mission, organ donation rates have hit a new low, the Supreme Court vehemently protects civil rights and the right to privacy, and fewer people are bathing as citizens must show ration stamps before they can turn on their faucets. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Lab's national animal is the Lion, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity: 3 days 13 hours ago
- 7 hours ago: Lab was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Rebellious Youth (last census: Top 10%).
- 3 days 13 hours ago: Lab voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Imperium of the Wolf".
- 3 days 13 hours ago: Lab voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "International Expositions Act"".
- 4 days ago: Lab was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Nicest Citizens (last census: Top 10%).
- 9 days ago: Lab was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Developed (last census: Top 10%).
- 10 days ago: Lab was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Average Tax Rates.
- 11 days ago: Lab was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Subsidized Industry (last census: Top 10%).
- 15 days ago: Lab was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Best Weather (last census: Top 5%).
- 19 days ago: Lab was endorsed by The Empire of Sunset Realm.
- 24 days ago: Lab was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Publishing Industry.