“We're gonna get you... one way or another”
|Category: Scandinavian Liberal Paradise|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: the West Pacific
The Republic of Lab is a massive, socially progressive nation, ruled by Mr Arby with an even hand, and renowned for its museums and concert halls. Its compassionate, intelligent population of 4.671 billion enjoy extensive civil rights and enjoy a level of social equality free from the usual accompanying government corruption.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, the Environment, and Social Welfare. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Lab City. The average income tax rate is 81%, and even higher for the wealthy. A large private sector is dominated by the Tourism industry.
Dozens of additional foreign policy specialists have been sent to the country's WA Mission, organ donation rates have hit a new low, the Supreme Court vehemently protects civil rights and the right to privacy, and fewer people are bathing as citizens must show ration stamps before they can turn on their faucets. Crime is totally unknown. Lab's national animal is the Lion, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the Cup.
Most Recent Government Activity: 16 days ago
- 16 days ago: Lab voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Strategic Arms Reduction".
- 17 days ago: Lab was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Public Transport Department (last census: Top 10%).
- 24 days ago: Lab voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Rights and Duties of WA States"".
- 24 days ago: Lab was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Pacifist (last census: Top 10%).
- 36 days ago: Lab was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Developed.
- 43 days ago: Lab endorsed The Retired Francoist of Charax.
- 43 days ago: Lab voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Cultural Site Preservation".
- 43 days ago: Lab voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate St Abbaddon".
- 46 days ago: Lab was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Happiest Citizens.
- 46 days ago: Lab was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Happiest Citizens.