“We're gonna get you... one way or another”
|Category: Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: the West Pacific
The Republic of Lab is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Mr Arby with an even hand, and remarkable for its anti-smoking policies. The compassionate, intelligent population of 5.824 billion Labites are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of the Environment, Education, and Social Welfare. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Lab City. The average income tax rate is 84%, and even higher for the wealthy. A very small private sector is dominated by the Tourism industry.
Dozens of additional foreign policy specialists have been sent to the country's WA Mission, organ donation rates have hit a new low, the Supreme Court vehemently protects civil rights and the right to privacy, and fewer people are bathing as citizens must show ration stamps before they can turn on their faucets. Crime is totally unknown. Lab's national animal is the Lion, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the Cup.
Most Recent Government Activity: 3 days 13 hours ago
- 3 days 13 hours ago: Lab voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Vandoosa".
- 8 days ago: Lab fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Developed.
- 10 days ago: Lab was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Best Weather (last census: Top 1%).
- 22 days ago: Lab was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most World Assembly Endorsements (last census: Top 5%).
- 24 days ago: Lab was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Best Weather (last census: Top 5%).
- 37 days ago: Lab was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Highest Average Tax Rates (last census: Top 10%).
- 46 days ago: Lab voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Improving Wordiness".
- 47 days ago: Lab was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Safest.
- 53 days ago: Lab fell out of the regional Top 10% for Safest.
- 59 days ago: Lab was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Cultured (last census: Top 10%).