The Republic of Lab is a colossal, socially progressive nation, ruled by Mr Arby with an even hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls, compulsory military service, and keen interest in outer space. The compassionate, democratic population of 7.51 billion Labites enjoy extensive civil rights and enjoy a level of social equality free from the usual accompanying government corruption.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, socially-minded morass — juggles the competing demands of Environment, Education, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Lab City. The average income tax rate is 90.4%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The very strong Labian economy, worth 577 trillion Cups a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing and Cheese Exports. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 76,878 Cups, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Dozens of additional foreign policy specialists have been sent to the country's WA Mission, organ donation rates have hit a new low, the Supreme Court vehemently protects civil rights and the right to privacy, and fewer people are bathing as citizens must show ration stamps before they can turn on their faucets. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Lab's national animal is the Lion, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Lab fell out of the regional Top 10% for Lowest Crime Rates.
- : Lab fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- : Lab was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Smartest Citizens (last census: Top 5%).
- : Lab was reclassified from "Democratic Socialists" to "Scandinavian Liberal Paradise".
- : Lab was endorsed by The Democratic Republic of Klausenbourg.
- : Lab was reclassified from "Scandinavian Liberal Paradise" to "Democratic Socialists".
- : Lab was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Most Beautiful Environments (last census: Top 5%).
- : Lab voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Flemingovia".
- : Lab fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Dedicated Public Healthcare.
- : Lab was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Dedicated Public Healthcare (last census: Top 5%).