The Republic of Lab is a colossal, genial nation, ruled by Mr Arby with an even hand, and remarkable for its anti-smoking policies, keen interest in outer space, and restrictive gun laws. The compassionate, democratic population of 7.715 billion Labites enjoy extensive civil rights and enjoy a level of social equality free from the usual accompanying government corruption.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, socially-minded morass — juggles the competing demands of Environment, Education, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Lab City. The average income tax rate is 90.8%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The very strong Labian economy, worth 592 trillion Cups a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing and Cheese Exports. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 76,800 Cups, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Dozens of additional foreign policy specialists have been sent to the country's WA Mission, organ donation rates have hit a new low, the Supreme Court vehemently protects civil rights and the right to privacy, and fewer people are bathing as citizens must show ration stamps before they can turn on their faucets. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Lab's national animal is the Lion, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Lab voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Military Freedom Act"".
- : Lab endorsed The Free Island Republic of Liberillia.
- : Lab was endorsed by The Free Island Republic of Liberillia.
- : Lab endorsed The Scourge of Souls Senpai of Hariko.
- : Lab fell out of the world Top 10% for Happiest Citizens.
- : Lab was endorsed by The Praetorian of The Vanguardian.
- : Lab was endorsed by The Scourge of Souls Senpai of Hariko.
- : Lab voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Condemn Omigodtheykilledkenny"".
- : Lab voted against the World Assembly Resolution "National Economic Liberties".
- : Lab was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Subsidized Industry (last census: Top 5%).