The Republic of Lab is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Mr Arby with an even hand, and renowned for its anti-smoking policies, daily referendums, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic population of 8.253 billion Labites enjoy extensive civil rights and enjoy a level of social equality free from the usual accompanying government corruption.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, socially-minded morass — juggles the competing demands of Environment, Education, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Lab City. The average income tax rate is 90.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The thriving Labian economy, worth 670 trillion Cups a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing and Cheese Exports. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 81,292 Cups, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.1 times as much as the poorest.
Dozens of additional foreign policy specialists have been sent to the country's WA Mission, organ donation rates have hit a new low, the Supreme Court vehemently protects civil rights and the right to privacy, and fewer people are bathing as citizens must show ration stamps before they can turn on their faucets. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Lab's national animal is the Lion, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Lab was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Public Transport Department (last census: Top 10%).
- : Lab was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Smartest Citizens (last census: Top 10%).
- : Lab voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Nuclear Security Convention"".
- : Lab was endorsed by The Democratic States of Atheist States of Philippines.
- : Lab was struck by a Cure Missile from The Free Land of Where we put our stuff, curing 1 million infected.
- : Lab was struck by a Cure Missile from The Most Serene Republic of Tesseropolis, curing 1 million infected.
- : Lab was struck by a Cure Missile from The Empire of Jurttustan, curing 1 million infected.
- : Lab was struck by a Cure Missile from The Republic of Natanians and Nosts, curing 1 million infected.
- : Lab was struck by a Cure Missile from The Holy Empire of Baguna Nai, curing 1 million infected.
- : Lab was struck by a Cure Missile from The Place in the Sun of Papercuts and Skittles, curing 1 million infected.
Endorsements Received: 17 » Elegarth, Yy4u, Mediobogdum, Papercuts and Skittles, Liberillia, Thaelyn, Benjamin Mark, Tunapocalypse, Illusionist, Krailing, Wickedly evil people, Drannor, The 9 Stars, Lady Anastasia, Reversed Clause, OgJoker, and Pacific Aggressiveness.