“We're gonna get you... one way or another”
|Category: Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: the West Pacific
The Republic of Lab is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by Mr Arby with an even hand, and remarkable for its compulsory military service. Its compassionate population of 2.739 billion are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, the Environment, and Social Welfare. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Lab City. The average income tax rate is 79%, and even higher for the wealthy. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Tourism industry.
Dozens of additional foreign policy specialists have been sent to the country's WA Mission, organ donation rates have hit a new low, the Supreme Court vehemently protects civil rights and the right to privacy, and fewer people are bathing as citizens must show ration stamps before they can turn on their faucets. Crime is totally unknown. Lab's national animal is the Lion, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the Cup.
Most Recent Government Activity: 6 days ago
- 6 days ago: Lab was endorsed by The Protectorate of Amaris.
- 9 days ago: Lab voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Stopping Suicide Seeds".
- 10 days ago: Lab was endorsed by The WP Guardian Nation of BIteland.
- 17 days ago: Lab voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate the South Pacific".
- 17 days ago: Lab voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Living Wage Act"".
- 20 days ago: Lab fell out of the world Top 10% for Happiest Citizens.
- 20 days ago: Lab fell out of the regional Top 5% for Happiest Citizens.
- 22 days ago: Lab was endorsed by The Chocolate Loving Paradise of Darkesia.
- 27 days ago: Lab was reclassified from "Scandinavian Liberal Paradise" to "Democratic Socialists".
- 27 days ago: Following new legislation in Lab, fewer people are bathing as citizens must show ration stamps before they can turn on their faucets.