The Commonwealth of Laan is a colossal, safe nation, renowned for its museums and concert halls, parental licensing program, and restrictive gun laws. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic population of 5.544 billion Laanians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The large, outspoken government is primarily concerned with Education, although Environment, Welfare, and Social Policy are also considered important, while Spirituality is ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Laan. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 86.1%.
The powerhouse Laanish economy, worth 715 trillion Commonwealth Dollars a year, is quite specialized and led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Tourism, and Furniture Restoration. Average income is an impressive 128,995 Commonwealth Dollars, with the richest citizens earning 7.3 times as much as the poorest.
An increasing percentage of the population's youth have homosexual parents, the government recently relinquished its monopoly on the mail service, Laan has one of the largest offshore wind farms in the world, and the government is using tax revenues to provide jobs for the poor. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Laan's national animal is the Lizard, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity: 9 days ago
- 2 days 9 hours ago: Laan was endorsed by The Principality of Abbata.
- 3 days 3 hours ago: Laan was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Pizza Delivery Sector.
- 11 days ago: Laan was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Influential.
- 11 days ago: Laan was endorsed by The I-Empire of AdyLand.
- 12 days ago: Laan was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Longest Average Lifespans.
- 14 days ago: Laan was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Information Technology Sector (last census: Top 10%).
- 14 days ago: Laan was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Information Technology Sector.
- 20 days ago: Laan was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Public Sector.
- 20 days ago: Following new legislation in Laan, the government is using tax revenues to provide jobs for the poor.
- 20 days ago: Laan endorsed The Republic of Wysrod.