“Nihil sine Deo”
|Category: Corporate Police State|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Holy Empire of L E F is a gargantuan, devout nation, ruled by Lord Eugen with an iron fist, and notable for its anti-smoking policies. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 15.531 billion are ruled with an iron fist by the corrupt, dictatorship government, which oppresses anyone who isn't on the board of a Fortune 500 company. Large corporations tend to be above the law, and use their financial clout to gain ever-increasing government benefits at the expense of the poor and unemployed.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt, moralistic government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defence, and Religion & Spirituality. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Stronghold of Terror. The average income tax rate is 95%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Uranium Mining industry, followed by Arms Manufacturing and Door-to-door Insurance Sales.
The government spends millions of tax Leus on vouchers to pay for expensive private schools, the government is reining in public spending, the country has been 'going shopping' by annexing nearby nations for their resources, and citizens who fail to follow the official national religion are executed. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force. L E F's national animal is the Dragon, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, its national religion is Catholic, and its currency is the Leu.
Most Recent Government Activity: 20 days ago
- 23 days ago: L E F was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Stupidest Citizens.
- 25 days ago: L E F was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Agricultural Sector.
- 37 days ago: L E F was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Shortest Average Lifespan.
- 52 days ago: L E F was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Populations.
- 54 days ago: L E F fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Armed.
- 56 days ago: L E F was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Highest Police Ratios.
- 57 days ago: L E F was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Rudest Citizens.
- 58 days ago: L E F was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Fastest-Growing Economies.
- 60 days ago: L E F was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Publishing Industry.
- 61 days ago: L E F was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Most Conservative.