The Holy Empire of L E F is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by Lord Eugen with an iron fist, and renowned for its avowedly heterosexual populace, strictly enforced bedtime, and ubiquitous missile silos. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless, devout population of 19.886 billion L E Fians are ruled with an iron fist by the corrupt, dictatorship government, which oppresses anyone who isn't on the board of a Fortune 500 company. Large corporations tend to be above the law, and use their financial clout to gain ever-increasing government benefits at the expense of the poor and unemployed.
The medium-sized, corrupt, moralistic, pro-business, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defense, and Spirituality. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Stronghold of Terror. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 73.2%.
The frighteningly efficient L E Fian economy, worth a remarkable 3,998 trillion Leus a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Uranium Mining, Door-to-door Insurance Sales, and Woodchip Exports. Average income is an amazing 201,091 Leus, but there is a large disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 974,854 per year while the poor average 24,010, a ratio of 40.6 to 1.
L E F-made cars tend to catch fire in people's driveways, chemically brainwashed citizens praise Lord Eugen's name on an hourly basis, violent criminals are doomed to be hunted by a psychotic billionaire, and cheap and tasteless vegetables flood the markets. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force. L E F's national animal is the Dragon, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution, and its national religion is Catholic.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : L E F was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Extreme.
- : L E F was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Lowest Unemployment Rates.
- : L E F was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Highest Average Tax Rates.
- : L E F was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Most Devout.
- : L E F was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Cheese Export Sector.
- : L E F was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Automobile Manufacturing Sector.
- : L E F was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Populations.
- : L E F was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Authoritarian.
- : L E F was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens.
- : L E F was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Information Technology Sector.