“Nihil sine Deo”
|Category: Corporate Police State|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Holy Empire of L E F is a gargantuan, economically powerful nation, ruled by Lord Eugen with an iron fist, and renowned for its prohibition of alcohol. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 18.034 billion L E Fians are ruled with an iron fist by the corrupt, dictatorship government, which oppresses anyone who isn't on the board of a Fortune 500 company. Large corporations tend to be above the law, and use their financial clout to gain ever-increasing government benefits at the expense of the poor and unemployed.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt, moralistic government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defence, and Religion & Spirituality. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Stronghold of Terror. The average income tax rate is 95%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Uranium Mining industry, followed by Arms Manufacturing and Door-to-door Insurance Sales.
The government spends millions of tax Leus on vouchers to pay for expensive private schools, the government is reining in public spending, the country has been 'going shopping' by annexing nearby nations for their resources, and citizens who fail to follow the official national religion are executed. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force. L E F's national animal is the Dragon, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution, its national religion is Catholic, and its currency is the Leu.
Most Recent Government Activity: 15 days ago
- 19 hours ago: L E F was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Populations.
- 3 days 19 hours ago: L E F was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Gambling Industry.
- 8 days ago: L E F fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Corrupt Governments.
- 9 days ago: L E F was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Defense Forces.
- 11 days ago: L E F was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Extreme.
- 14 days ago: L E F was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Furniture Restoration Industry.
- 15 days ago: L E F was refounded in Lazarus.
- 111 days ago: L E F ceased to exist.
- 115 days ago: L E F was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Public Sector (last census: Top 5%).
- 131 days ago: L E F was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Mining Sector (last census: Top 1%).