The Holy Empire of L E F is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by Lord Eugen with an iron fist, and notable for its enslaved workforce, punitive income tax rates, and compulsory gun ownership. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless, devout population of 18.948 billion L E Fians are ruled with an iron fist by the corrupt, dictatorship government, which oppresses anyone who isn't on the board of a Fortune 500 company. Large corporations tend to be above the law, and use their financial clout to gain ever-increasing government benefits at the expense of the poor and unemployed.
The medium-sized, corrupt, moralistic, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defense, and Spirituality. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Stronghold of Terror. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 74.9%.
The frighteningly efficient L E Fian economy, worth a remarkable 3,739 trillion Leus a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Uranium Mining, Door-to-door Insurance Sales, and Woodchip Exports. Average income is an impressive 197,375 Leus, but there is a large disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 830,467 per year while the poor average 30,441, a ratio of 27.3 to 1.
The government spends millions of tax Leus on vouchers to pay for expensive private schools, the government is reining in public spending, the country has been 'going shopping' by annexing nearby nations for their resources, and citizens who fail to follow the official national religion are executed. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force. L E F's national animal is the Dragon, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution, and its national religion is Catholic.
L E F is ranked 604th in Lazarus and 13,329th in the world for Lowest Unemployment Rates, scoring 227 on the Workforce Participation Versus Theoretical Maximum Metric.
Most Recent Government Activity: 12 days ago
- 2 days 22 hours ago: L E F was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Retail Industry (last census: Top 5%).
- 2 days 22 hours ago: L E F fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Retail Industry.
- 7 days ago: L E F fell out of the regional Top 10% for Highest Average Tax Rates.
- 21 days ago: L E F fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Publishing Industry.
- 30 days ago: L E F was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Information Technology Sector (last census: Top 5%).
- 30 days ago: L E F fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Information Technology Sector.
- 36 days ago: L E F was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Subsidized Industry.
- 39 days ago: L E F was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Gambling Industry (last census: Top 5%).
- 39 days ago: L E F fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Gambling Industry.
- 41 days ago: L E F was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Agricultural Sector.