The Republic of Kzoz is a gargantuan, genial nation, notable for its anti-smoking policies, unlimited-speed roads, and keen interest in outer space. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic population of 11.538 billion Kzozians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Defense, and Healthcare. The average income tax rate is 31.8%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The Kzozian economy, worth 803 trillion jitneys a year, is broadly diversified and dominated by the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Basket Weaving. Average income is 69,620 jitneys, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.7 times as much as the poorest.
Politicians have to be granted day-release from prison to speak on bills, government officials frequently cut taxes as a distraction from antics with their secretaries, the minority inevitably have their addenda vetoed, and strict term limits have been applied to all elected offices. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Kzoz's national animal is the fossa, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity: 12 days ago
- 12 days ago: Kzoz altered its national flag.
- 12 days ago: Kzoz was refounded in Balder.
- 2 years 58 days ago: Kzoz ceased to exist.
- 2 years 78 days ago: Kzoz was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Least Corrupt Governments.
- 2 years 87 days ago: Kzoz fell out of the regional Top 10% for Happiest Citizens.
- 2 years 92 days ago: Kzoz was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Agricultural Sector.
- 2 years 99 days ago: Following new legislation in Kzoz, strict term limits have been applied to all elected offices.
- 2 years 108 days ago: Kzoz was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens.
- 2 years 111 days ago: Following new legislation in Kzoz, the minority inevitably have their addenda vetoed.
- 2 years 116 days ago: Kzoz was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Populations (last census: Top 10%).