“O, Wind, if Winter comes, can Spring be far behind?”
|Category: Liberal Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Power
The Republic of Kyupaa is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by the Winterlady with a fair hand, and notable for its restrictive gun laws. The compassionate, intelligent population of 26.249 billion Kyupaans love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, the Environment, and Social Equality. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Ivdisha. The average income tax rate is 100%. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Gambling industry.
The government is giving peace a chance, tourists from around the world come to visit the country's famous rainforests, legislation sometimes has to battle through weeks of filibustering to pass, and students are known to arrive at school in their pyjamas. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Kyupaa's national animal is the porcupine, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the chalice.
Most Recent Government Activity: 1 day 8 hours ago
- 10 hours ago: Kyupaa's influence in NationStates rose from "Powerbroker" to "Power".
- 22 hours ago: Following new legislation in Kyupaa, students are known to arrive at school in their pyjamas.
- 1 day 22 hours ago: Kyupaa's influence in NationStates fell from "Power" to "Powerbroker".
- 2 days 9 hours ago: Kyupaa lodged a message on the NationStates Regional Message Board.
- 2 days 13 hours ago: Kyupaa was endorsed by The Dictatorship of Great Repubic of Mau Mau.
- 2 days 22 hours ago: Kyupaa's influence in NationStates rose from "Powerbroker" to "Power".
- 4 days ago: Kyupaa's influence in NationStates fell from "Power" to "Powerbroker".
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Kyupaa, legislation sometimes has to battle through weeks of filibustering to pass.
- 6 days ago: Kyupaa voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Rules of Surrender".
- 6 days ago: Kyupaa was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most World Assembly Endorsements (last census: Top 1%).