“O, Wind, if Winter comes, can Spring be far behind?”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Powerbroker
The Republic of Kyupaa is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by the Winterlady with a fair hand, and remarkable for its punitive income tax rates, anti-smoking policies, and multi-spousal wedding ceremonies. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 26.835 billion Kyupaans enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The medium-sized, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Social Policy. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Ivdisha. The average income tax rate is 98.1%.
The large but stagnant Kyupaan economy, worth 532 trillion chalices a year, is quite specialized and led by the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Gambling, and Trout Farming. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 19,838 chalices, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Retired racing porcupines are served truffles for breakfast, third party candidates are now gaining some representation in Parliament, noises louder than a whisper have been prohibited by law, and citizens are allowed to rise or fall based on their own merits. Crime is totally unknown. Kyupaa's national animal is the porcupine, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity: 18 hours ago
- 23 hours ago: Kyupaa was reclassified from "Liberal Democratic Socialists" to "New York Times Democracy".
- 23 hours ago: Following new legislation in Kyupaa, citizens are allowed to rise or fall based on their own merits.
- 23 hours ago: Following new legislation in Kyupaa, noises louder than a whisper have been prohibited by law.
- 23 hours ago: Following new legislation in Kyupaa, third party candidates are now gaining some representation in Parliament.
- 4 days ago: Kyupaa endorsed The Empire of Lee Hong Wee.
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Kyupaa, retired racing porcupines are served truffles for breakfast.
- 5 days ago: Kyupaa was endorsed by The Empire of Lee Hong Wee.
- 6 days ago: Kyupaa was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Public Sector (last census: Top 5%).
- 6 days ago: Kyupaa's influence in NationStates fell from "Power" to "Powerbroker".
- 7 days ago: Kyupaa was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Politically Free.
Endorsements Received: 13 » Mikeswill, Morturaria, The Stars in Daylight, King Zhaoxiang of Qin, Sandybeach, Arithei, Patria Augusta, Bomf, Orzodox Pastafarianism, Dundas, Braxil, Israe, and Lee Hong Wee.