The Republic of Kyupaa is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by the Winterlady with a fair hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls, lack of airports, and rampant corporate plagiarism. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 27.921 billion Kyupaans love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Social Policy. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Ivdisha. The average income tax rate is 98.5%.
The large but stagnant Kyupaan economy, worth 561 trillion chalices a year, is quite specialized and led by the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Gambling, and Trout Farming. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 20,107 chalices, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Children are raised bilingual from an early age, the new Refuse Hills housing development is under construction, people reciting Shakespeare have become a common sight, and organ donation rates are among the lowest in the region. Crime is totally unknown. Kyupaa's national animal is the porcupine, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Kyupaa, organ donation rates are among the lowest in the region.
- : Following new legislation in Kyupaa, people reciting Shakespeare have become a common sight.
- : Following new legislation in Kyupaa, the new Refuse Hills housing development is under construction.
- : Kyupaa voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "World Space Administration"".
- : Following new legislation in Kyupaa, children are raised bilingual from an early age.
- : Kyupaa voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Protection of Sapient Rights".
- : Kyupaa was endorsed by The Nomadic Peoples of Heliopaty.
- : Following new legislation in Kyupaa, scientists regularly clone human beings for research purposes.
- : Kyupaa was endorsed by The Democratic Republic of Beluninvina.
- : Following new legislation in Kyupaa, pharmacies close down as medicinal drugs are sold freely by the government.
Endorsements Received: 14 » Mikeswill, Morturaria, The Stars in Daylight, Sandybeach, Patria Augusta, Lee Hong Wee, Arithei, Orzodox Pastafarianism, Anarqania, Prattanica, Cimmerian Sabia, Haspentes, Beluninvina, and Heliopaty.