The Free Principality of Kyroth is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by Prince Malrik with a fair hand, and renowned for its prohibition of alcohol, state-planned economy, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 3.815 billion Kyrothians enjoy extensive civil rights and enjoy a level of social equality free from the usual accompanying government corruption.
The medium-sized, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Environment, Social Policy, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Adlar. The average income tax rate is 83.4%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The large but underdeveloped Kyrothian economy, worth 159 trillion C-credits a year, is driven entirely by government activity, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is mostly comprised of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 41,834 C-credits, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The public health bureaucracy is wrapped in miles of red tape, birth rates have hit an all-time low, Maxtopian Grass flags adorn every college dorm room, and the Kyrothian Arts Council pays teenagers to sit through opera performances. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Kyroth's national animal is the scaled drake, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Kyroth was endorsed by The Sparkling Harvest of Starberries.
- : Kyroth was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Lowest Crime Rates.
- : Kyroth was endorsed by The Holy Pink Queendom of Sammi Land.
- : Kyroth was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Longest Average Lifespans.
- : Kyroth was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Welfare Programs.
- : Kyroth was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Primitive.
- : Kyroth was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Primitive.
- : Kyroth's influence in Lazarus rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Kyroth endorsed The Republic of Two Clans.
- : Kyroth was reclassified from "Democratic Socialists" to "Scandinavian Liberal Paradise".