“Our Empress, Our Goddess.”
|Category: Corporate Police State|
Regional Influence: Vassal
The Ever Expanding Empire of Kureimoa is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by Empress Galatea III with an iron fist, and notable for its anti-smoking policies. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 14.619 billion are ruled with an iron fist by the corrupt, dictatorship government, which oppresses anyone who isn't on the board of a Fortune 500 company. Large corporations tend to be above the law, and use their financial clout to gain ever-increasing government benefits at the expense of the poor and unemployed.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt government stops and the rest of society begins, but it is mainly concerned with Defence, although Law & Order and Healthcare are on the agenda. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Rabona. The average income tax rate is 99%. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Arms Manufacturing industry.
Electrocution deaths among computer technicians are at an all-time high, environmental protestors are being rounded up and taken away in sinister black vans as a massive land development campaign gets underway, the government has started a campaign to crack down on road rage and encourage alternate means of commuting, and curtailed social programs have left many citizens bereft of any safety net. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Kureimoa's national animal is the Awakened Being, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, its national religion is praising the Empress' beauty, and its currency is the Raki.
Most Recent Government Activity: 8 days ago
- 11 hours ago: Kureimoa was endorsed by The Constitutional Monarchy of Athos and Byzantium.
- 1 day 5 hours ago: Kureimoa was endorsed by The Democratic Republic of Outer Prussia.
- 1 day 9 hours ago: Kureimoa was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Highest Police Ratios (last census: Top 5%).
- 1 day 19 hours ago: Kureimoa was endorsed by The Federal Republic of Turukelia.
- 12 days ago: Kureimoa was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Retail Industry (last census: Top 10%).
- 12 days ago: Kureimoa was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Retail Industry.
- 23 days ago: Kureimoa was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Conservative.
- 31 days ago: Kureimoa was reclassified from "Iron Fist Consumerists" to "Corporate Police State".
- 31 days ago: Following new legislation in Kureimoa, curtailed social programs have left many citizens bereft of any safety net.
- 31 days ago: Following new legislation in Kureimoa, the government has started a campaign to crack down on road rage and encourage alternate means of commuting.
Endorsements Received: 36 » Short shorts, Jenesia, Alsted, Eurosceptic Citizens, Stromia, Tigyland, Lexembourg, The City-State of Vienna, Kroinengin, Beauvoir, Silberia, Ascara, Chiolena, Ivernia, Pileusia, Echo von Cotta, Keris, New France of Silvius Bonaparte, Grasaland, Jon4de85, Greater Konigsberg, Bylantia, Foucaults garden, The Seven Provinces, Each-Uisge, Nou Occitania, Novo Portugal, Vanbrugh, Monance, An Clar, Toongoosia, Welsh Valley, Eicant, Turukelia, Outer Prussia, and Athos and Byzantium.