The Great Empire of Kundu is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by King Joshimus I with an even hand, and notable for its national health service, parental licensing program, and hatred of cheese. The hard-nosed, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 22.488 billion Kundanese have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The large, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Kundington. The income tax rate is 100%.
The enormous but sluggish Kundanese economy, worth a remarkable 2,432 trillion Republic Credits a year, is quite specialized and led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Automobile Manufacturing, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Tourism. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 108,159 Republic Credits, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.6 times as much as the poorest.
The arms industry is strictly regulated, the government is spending millions on 'trust campaigns' in an effort to win back the public's support, euthanasia is legal, and all 'unconventional' weaponry has been banned. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Kundu's national animal is the Dodo bird, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Kundu is ranked 22nd in Gay and 5,943rd in the world for Lowest Unemployment Rates, scoring 395 on the Workforce Participation Versus Theoretical Maximum Metric.
Most Recent Government Activity: 4 days ago
- 3 days 20 hours ago: Following new legislation in Kundu, all 'unconventional' weaponry has been banned.
- 3 days 20 hours ago: Following new legislation in Kundu, euthanasia is legal.
- 3 days 20 hours ago: Following new legislation in Kundu, the government is spending millions on 'trust campaigns' in an effort to win back the public's support.
- 3 days 20 hours ago: Following new legislation in Kundu, the arms industry is strictly regulated.
- 5 days ago: Kundu was endorsed by The United Socialist States of Pink Fluffia.
- 7 days ago: Following new legislation in Kundu, all footpaths have tollbooths.
- 7 days ago: Following new legislation in Kundu, biology and religious education classes have recently been merged.
- 7 days ago: Following new legislation in Kundu, organ donation rates are among the lowest in the region.
- 7 days ago: Following new legislation in Kundu, tabloids coo over King Joshimus I's expected child.
- 8 days ago: Kundu was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Basket Weaving Sector (last census: Top 10%).
Endorsements Received: 16 » Giscuambourg, Closeted Cases, Emory, Incindus Pyraxis, Iizaarland, Lilfella, BearNation, Alfoldia, The Northumbrian Republic, Roulantina, Vardria, Duodez, Urdustan, New Angleterre, Ki Baratan, and Pink Fluffia.