The Commonwealth of Kubrikistan is a gargantuan, genial nation, ruled by President Nannietta DeLarge with a fair hand, and renowned for its compulsory military service, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and keen interest in outer space. The compassionate, democratic population of 10.954 billion Kubrikistanians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The large, socially-minded, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Lyndon. The average income tax rate is 67.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The large but underdeveloped Kubrikistani economy, worth 481 trillion dhraszzes a year, is highly specialized and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing and Information Technology. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 43,923 dhraszzes, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Schoolchildren have twice-weekly sex education classes, skateboarding is considered a form of diplomacy, mantis shrimp studies is academia's fastest growing field, and students athletes gaze forlornly at abandoned lynxball fields. Crime is totally unknown. Kubrikistan's national animal is the lynx, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Kubrikistan endorsed The Kingdom of Felasia.
- : Kubrikistan endorsed The Ancient Order of Time-Lords of Gallafrey.
- : Kubrikistan endorsed The Grand Duchy of Tarlisea.
- : Kubrikistan endorsed The Imperial Domains of Vitsmunir.
- : Kubrikistan endorsed The Victorious Fighting Buddhas of The Monkye.
- : Kubrikistan endorsed The Most Serene Republic of Stanford Cardinal.
- : Kubrikistan was admitted to the World Assembly.
- : Kubrikistan altered its national flag.
- : Kubrikistan applied to join the World Assembly.
- : Kubrikistan relocated from Balder to Equilism.
Endorsements Received: None.