“Nos curamus vobis, vos curatis nobis”
|Category: Liberal Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Diplomat
Location: European Union
The Free Constitutional Monarchy of Kryuland is a colossal, safe nation, ruled by King Casimiro IV Krushj with a fair hand, and remarkable for its multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, sprawling nuclear power plants, and restrictive gun laws. The compassionate, democratic, humorless population of 6.88 billion Kryulandians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Social Policy. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Blossomjd. The average income tax rate is 86.4%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The strong Kryulandian economy, worth 681 trillion euros a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Furniture Restoration. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 99,006 euros, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Same-sex marriages are increasingly common, multiple polls have christened the newly-formed Filibuster Committee as "the least efficient government bureaucracy", the government seizes private property for the 'good of the people', and major cities are suffering under water rationing. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Kryuland's national animal is the hawk, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity: 6 days ago
- 12 hours ago: Kryuland was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Public Transport Department.
- 4 days ago: Kryuland's influence in European Union fell from "Ambassador" to "Diplomat".
- 5 days ago: Kryuland's influence in European Union rose from "Diplomat" to "Ambassador".
- 6 days ago: Following new legislation in Kryuland, major cities are suffering under water rationing.
- 6 days ago: Following new legislation in Kryuland, the government seizes private property for the 'good of the people'.
- 6 days ago: Following new legislation in Kryuland, multiple polls have christened the newly-formed Filibuster Committee as "the least efficient government bureaucracy".
- 6 days ago: Kryuland voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Westwind".
- 6 days ago: Kryuland voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Marine Debris Accord"".
- 6 days ago: Kryuland was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Beautiful Environments (last census: Top 10%).
- 6 days ago: Kryuland was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Beautiful Environments.