The Socialist states of Kravonija is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Dictator Henrikas Genutis with an iron fist, and remarkable for its public floggings, anti-smoking policies, and restrictive gun laws. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless population of 8.702 billion Kravonijans are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, corrupt, well-organized morass — juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defense, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Lotra. The average income tax rate is 95.6%.
The frighteningly efficient Kravonijan economy, worth 930 trillion Baltic Dollars a year, is quite specialized and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Trout Farming. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 106,953 Baltic Dollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.1 times as much as the poorest.
Pro-democracy protesters are shot on sight by state police, fancy dress parties are raided by military police for new recruits, the state auctions off combat drones to fund war reparations, and extraordinary tribunals try accused financial criminals. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Kravonija's national animal is the Wolf, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Catholic.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Kravonija lost the endorsement of The Republic of Ma-Bok-Lang.
- : Kravonija was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Corrupt Governments (last census: Top 10%).
- : Following new legislation in Kravonija, extraordinary tribunals try accused financial criminals.
- : Following new legislation in Kravonija, the state auctions off combat drones to fund war reparations.
- : Following new legislation in Kravonija, fancy dress parties are raided by military police for new recruits.
- : Following new legislation in Kravonija, pro-democracy protesters are shot on sight by state police.
- : Kravonija fell out of the regional Top 10% for Smartest Citizens.
- : Kravonija lost the endorsement of The Empire of Labyrnna.
- : Kravonija was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Safest.
- : Kravonija fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Developed.
Endorsements Received: 1 » Infiny.