|Category: Father Knows Best State|
Regional Influence: Dominator
The Socialist states of Kravonija is a massive, safe nation, ruled by Dictator Henrikas Genutis with an iron fist, and notable for its restrictive gun laws. Its hard-nosed, cynical population of 4.939 billion are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defence, and Education. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Prypiyat. The average income tax rate is 94%, and even higher for the wealthy. A very small private sector is dominated by the Gambling industry.
Politicians accepting drinks in bars are executed for taking bribes, students are known to arrive at school in their pyjamas, political activists are routinely executed, and citizens select which government department gets their income tax Krovons each year. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Kravonija's national animal is the Wolf, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is Catholic, and its currency is the Krovon.
Most Recent Government Activity: 1 day 17 hours ago
- 7 days ago: Kravonija's influence in Eureka fell from "Hermit" to "Dominator".
- 8 days ago: Kravonija's influence in Eureka rose from "Minnow" to "Hermit".
- 8 days ago: Kravonija altered its national flag.
- 8 days ago: Kravonija added the tag "Security Council" to Eureka.
- 8 days ago: Kravonija applied to join the World Assembly.
- 8 days ago: Kravonija relocated from Osiris to Eureka.
- 8 days ago: Kravonija founded the region Eureka.
- 8 days ago: Kravonija was refounded in Osiris.
- 60 days ago: Kravonija ceased to exist.
- 64 days ago: Kravonija was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Eco-Friendly Governments (last census: Top 5%).