The Socialist states of Kravonija is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by Dictator Henrikas Genutis with an iron fist, and notable for its national health service, punitive income tax rates, and restrictive gun laws. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless population of 10.598 billion Kravonijans are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, corrupt, well-organized morass — juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defense, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Lotra. The average income tax rate is 95.3%.
The frighteningly efficient Kravonijan economy, worth a remarkable 1,140 trillion Baltic Dollars a year, is quite specialized and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Trout Farming, and Gambling. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 107,617 Baltic Dollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.0 times as much as the poorest.
Whipping posts and lashes have been transferred to the Historical Museum of Kravonijan Embarrassments, invasive drug testing is now performed at elementary school sports days, most citizens in Kravonija are abject pyrophobes after extremely graphic pamphlets were mailed nationwide by the government, and conspiracy theorists allege Lotra's new subway map resembles Satanic symbols. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Kravonija's national animal is the Wolf, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Catholic.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Kravonija was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Longest Average Lifespans.
- : Kravonija was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Economic Output.
- : Kravonija was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Safest.
- : Kravonija was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Advanced Law Enforcement, the Top 5% for Largest Governments, and the Top 10% for Most Efficient Economies and Highest Poor Incomes.
- : Kravonija was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Subsidized Industry.
- : Kravonija's influence in Lazarus rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Kravonija altered its national flag.
- : Kravonija's influence in Lazarus rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Kravonija's influence in Lazarus rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Kravonija's influence in Lazarus rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".