The Socialist states of Kravonija is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Dictator Henrikas Genutis with an iron fist, and remarkable for its compulsory military service, smutty television, and restrictive gun laws. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless population of 10.241 billion Kravonijans are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, corrupt, well-organized morass — juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defense, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Lotra. The average income tax rate is 95.3%.
The frighteningly efficient Kravonijan economy, worth a remarkable 1,102 trillion Baltic Dollars a year, is quite specialized and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Trout Farming, and Gambling. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 107,617 Baltic Dollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.0 times as much as the poorest.
Whipping posts and lashes have been transferred to the Historical Museum of Kravonijan Embarrassments, invasive drug testing is now performed at elementary school sports days, most citizens in Kravonija are abject pyrophobes after extremely graphic pamphlets were mailed nationwide by the government, and conspiracy theorists allege Lotra's new subway map resembles Satanic symbols. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Kravonija's national animal is the Wolf, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Catholic.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Kravonija's influence in Lazarus rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Kravonija's influence in Lazarus rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Kravonija's influence in Lazarus rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Kravonija was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Advanced Law Enforcement, the Top 5% for Largest Governments, Most Corrupt Governments, and Most Subsidized Industry, and the Top 10% for Most Efficient Economies.
- : Kravonija was refounded in Lazarus.
- : Kravonija ceased to exist.
- : Kravonija's influence in Grand Central rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : Kravonija was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Longest Average Lifespans.
- : Following new legislation in Kravonija, conspiracy theorists allege Lotra's new subway map resembles Satanic symbols.
- : Kravonija was endorsed by The United Socialist States of CommyHideout.