The Ren Concordance of Kostemetsia is a gargantuan, genial nation, ruled by the Council of State with an even hand, and renowned for its anti-smoking policies, smutty television, and complete absence of social welfare. The compassionate, cheerful, devout population of 15.943 billion Ren enjoy extensive civil rights and enjoy a level of social equality free from the usual accompanying government corruption.
The relatively small, socially-minded government is dominated by the Department of Education, with Healthcare and Public Transport also on the agenda, while Spirituality and International Aid receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Central. The average income tax rate is 7.2%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Ren economy, worth a remarkable 2,175 trillion unities a year, is quite specialized and dominated by the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Tourism, and Trout Farming. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 136,442 unities, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Students athletes gaze forlornly at abandoned eagleball fields, gambling addicts regularly lose their families' nest eggs at Native Ren casinos, the automotive industry soaks up huge government handouts, and the military is on a massive recruiting drive in advance of an invasion of Brasilistan. Crime, especially youth-related, is a serious problem, probably because of the absence of a police force. Kostemetsia's national animal is the eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Kostemetsia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Nudest.
- : Kostemetsia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Nudest.
- : Kostemetsia was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Most Cultured.
- : Kostemetsia's influence in Lazarus rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Kostemetsia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Smartest Citizens.
- : Kostemetsia fell out of the world Top 5% for Most Influential.
- : Kostemetsia's influence in Lazarus rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Kostemetsia's influence in Lazarus rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Kostemetsia's influence in Lazarus rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Kostemetsia was refounded in Lazarus.