The Commonwealth of Kostemetsia is a gargantuan, genial nation, ruled by First Councilor Emily Sinclair with an even hand, and notable for its public floggings, smutty television, and complete absence of social welfare. The compassionate, cheerful, devout population of 15.439 billion Commonwealthers enjoy extensive civil rights and enjoy a level of social equality free from the usual accompanying government corruption.
The relatively small, socially-minded government is dominated by the Department of Education, although Healthcare and Public Transport are also considered important, while Spirituality and Administration receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Yelan City. The average income tax rate is 7.3%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Commonwealth economy, worth a remarkable 2,099 trillion credits a year, is quite specialized and dominated by the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Tourism, and Trout Farming. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 135,987 credits, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
New safety regulations require all cars manufactured in Kostemetsia to be bombproof, businesses are forced to bring all work back within the nation's borders, 'A is for Annulment' is a popular children's song, and students athletes gaze forlornly at abandoned eagleball fields. Crime, especially youth-related, is a serious problem, probably because of the absence of a police force. Kostemetsia's national animal is the eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity: 10 hours ago
- 9 hours ago: Following new legislation in Kostemetsia, students athletes gaze forlornly at abandoned eagleball fields.
- 9 hours ago: Following new legislation in Kostemetsia, 'A is for Annulment' is a popular children's song.
- 9 hours ago: Following new legislation in Kostemetsia, businesses are forced to bring all work back within the nation's borders.
- 1 day 8 hours ago: Kostemetsia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- 1 day 8 hours ago: Kostemetsia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- 1 day 9 hours ago: Kostemetsia was endorsed by The Amorality of A lost soul.
- 2 days 5 hours ago: Kostemetsia was endorsed by The Federal Republic of Belschaft.
- 2 days 8 hours ago: Kostemetsia was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Most Rebellious Youth.
- 3 days 8 hours ago: Kostemetsia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Soda Pop Sector.
- 5 days ago: Kostemetsia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Lowest Unemployment Rates.
Endorsements Received: 37 » Bothia, Yaorozu, McMasterdonia, Territorio di Nessuno, United Kingdom of Great Lionheart, The Democratic Republic of Tomb, Frances Francis the First of France, Kialga-Lourti, SillyString, Yayness, Former English Colony, Velon, Caish Empire, Alunya, Isimud, JaMexico13, Neu-Klagenfurt, ShortBusCrashed, Unimaginable Doom, The Big Bad Boo, Karazan, Ishual, Xentherida, Renetopia, New Sekai, Cricket Jump, Trivida, Larontina, Saint Tomaston, Plembobria, General COE, Belgan, Yukti, Many Mountains, Guslantis, Belschaft, and A lost soul.