|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Commonwealth of Kostemetsia is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by First Councilor Emily Sinclair with a fair hand, and notable for its sprawling nuclear power plants. Its compassionate, hard-working, intelligent population of 14.275 billion enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it is mainly concerned with Education, although Healthcare and Public Transport are secondary priorities. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Yelan City. The average income tax rate is 35%, but much higher for the wealthy. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Book Publishing industry.
Businesses are forced to bring all work back within the nations borders, children are brainwashed at a young age to accept "Love and peace!" as a way of life, all major public areas are watched by police surveillance cameras, and loans are available for students from poor families. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is moderate. Kostemetsia's national animal is the eagle, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the credit.
Most Recent Government Activity: 1 day 10 hours ago
- 1 day 9 hours ago: Kostemetsia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Best Weather.
- 1 day 10 hours ago: Kostemetsia endorsed The Peasant's Communal Fishpond of Kazmr.
- 1 day 10 hours ago: Kostemetsia relocated from St Abbaddon to Lazarus.
- 6 days ago: Kostemetsia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Happiest Citizens.
- 7 days ago: Kostemetsia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Rebellious Youth.
- 9 days ago: Kostemetsia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Healthiest Citizens.
- 10 days ago: Kostemetsia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Smartest Citizens.
- 11 days ago: Kostemetsia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Nicest Citizens.
- 13 days ago: Kostemetsia fell out of the world Top 10% for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- 16 days ago: Kostemetsia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Subsidized Industry.
Endorsements Received: None.