|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Commonwealth of Kostemetsia is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by First Councilor Emily Sinclair with a fair hand, and notable for its restrictive gun laws. The compassionate, intelligent population of 14.612 billion Kostemetsians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it is mainly concerned with Education, although Healthcare and Public Transport are on the agenda. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Yelan City. The average income tax rate is 38%, but much higher for the wealthy. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Book Publishing industry.
Businesses are forced to bring all work back within the nations borders, children are brainwashed at a young age to accept "Love and peace!" as a way of life, all major public areas are watched by police surveillance cameras, and loans are available for students from poor families. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is moderate. Kostemetsia's national animal is the eagle, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the credit.
Most Recent Government Activity: 46 minutes ago
- 22 hours ago: Kostemetsia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Best Weather (last census: Top 5%).
- 22 hours ago: Kostemetsia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Best Weather (last census: Top 5%).
- 1 day 23 hours ago: Kostemetsia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Godforsaken.
- 2 days 23 hours ago: Kostemetsia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Fastest-Growing Economies.
- 6 days ago: Kostemetsia altered its national flag.
- 6 days ago: Kostemetsia was refounded in Lazarus.
- 155 days ago: Kostemetsia ceased to exist.
- 156 days ago: Kostemetsia was endorsed by The Capitalist Insurgency of Loftegen.
- 156 days ago: Kostemetsia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Smartest Citizens.
- 175 days ago: Kostemetsia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Publishing Industry.