“Cuz I'm don't get paid!”
|Category: Capitalist Paradise|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: Zoidberg Owns
The Fancy Men of Kornwood is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by King Zoidberg with an even hand, and remarkable for its sprawling nuclear power plants. Its hard-nosed, hard-working population of 10.402 billion are either ruled by a sleek, efficient government or a conglomerate of multinational corporations; it's difficult to tell which.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt, pro-business government stops and the rest of society begins, but it is mainly concerned with Defence, although Law & Order and Commerce are secondary priorities. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Zoidbergia . The average income tax rate is 99%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Arms Manufacturing, Information Technology, and Uranium Mining industries.
The government has enacted freedom of information, the number of students attending university has reached a record high, women earn less than half the salary of men if they can even find a job, and marketing departments of corporate giants compete to sponsor little league teams. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Kornwood's national animal is the count dracula, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its currency is the apples.
Most Recent Government Activity: 6 days ago
- 6 days ago: Kornwood lodged a message on the Zoidberg Owns Regional Message Board.
- 6 days ago: Kornwood relocated from Lazarus to Zoidberg Owns.
- 6 days ago: Kornwood was refounded in Lazarus.
- 28 days ago: Kornwood ceased to exist.
- 29 days ago: Kornwood fell out of the world Top 5% for Most Influential.
- 39 days ago: Kornwood was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Corrupt Governments (last census: Top 1%).
- 44 days ago: Kornwood fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Pro-Market.
- 65 days ago: Kornwood fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Godforsaken.
- 72 days ago: Following new legislation in Kornwood, marketing departments of corporate giants compete to sponsor little league teams.
- 72 days ago: Following new legislation in Kornwood, women earn less than half the salary of men if they can even find a job.