The Most Ancient States of Korinekia is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by Leader with an even hand, and notable for its public floggings, complete lack of prisons, and keen interest in outer space. The hard-nosed, cheerful population of 26.984 billion Korinekians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The medium-sized government is primarily concerned with Education, although Environment, Healthcare, and Law & Order are also considered important, while Spirituality and Administration receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Ligeropolis. The average income tax rate is 45.2%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Korinekian economy, worth a remarkable 3,647 trillion shiny bits of metal a year, is quite specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Uranium Mining. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 135,169 shiny bits of metal, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
It's always rabbit season, surrealist houses shaped like mushrooms and volcanoes dominate the wealthiest neighborhoods, the people of Korinekia are renowned for their nihilistic attitudes, and extraordinary tribunals try accused financials criminals. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Korinekia's national animal is the liger, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Korinekia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Pacifist.
- : Korinekia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Agricultural Sector.
- : Korinekia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Smartest Citizens.
- : Korinekia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Best Weather.
- : Korinekia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Longest Average Lifespans.
- : Korinekia was refounded in Osiris.
- : Korinekia ceased to exist.
- : Korinekia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Publishing Industry (last census: Top 10%).
- : Korinekia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Publishing Industry.
- : Korinekia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Pacifist (last census: Top 10%).