The Most Ancient States of Korinekia is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by Leader with an even hand, and remarkable for its daily referendums, keen interest in outer space, and hatred of cheese. The hard-nosed, cheerful population of 27.864 billion Korinekians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The medium-sized government is primarily concerned with Education, with Environment, Healthcare, and Law & Order also on the agenda, while Spirituality and International Aid are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Ligeropolis. The average income tax rate is 45.3%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Korinekian economy, worth a remarkable 3,836 trillion shiny bits of metal a year, is quite specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Uranium Mining. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 137,701 shiny bits of metal, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Surrealist houses shaped like mushrooms and volcanoes dominate the wealthiest neighborhoods, the people of Korinekia are renowned for their nihilistic attitudes, extraordinary tribunals try accused financials criminals, and city rooftops are pockmarked with the shattered remains of experimental delivery drones. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Korinekia's national animal is the liger, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Korinekia's influence in Balder rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Korinekia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Eco-Friendly Governments.
- : Korinekia's influence in Balder rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Korinekia's influence in Balder rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Korinekia was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Publishing Industry and Most Scientifically Advanced, the Top 5% for Most Developed and Healthiest Citizens, and the Top 10% for Most Income Equality.
- : Korinekia's influence in Balder rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Korinekia was refounded in Balder.
- : Korinekia ceased to exist.
- : Korinekia's influence in Osiris rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Korinekia's influence in Osiris rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".