The Most Ancient States of Korinekia is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by Leader with an even hand, and remarkable for its strictly enforced bedtime, complete lack of prisons, and keen interest in outer space. The hard-nosed, cheerful population of 27.387 billion Korinekians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The medium-sized government is primarily concerned with Education, with Environment, Healthcare, and Law & Order also on the agenda, while Spirituality and Administration receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Ligeropolis. The average income tax rate is 45.4%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Korinekian economy, worth a remarkable 3,794 trillion shiny bits of metal a year, is quite specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Uranium Mining. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 138,566 shiny bits of metal, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Surrealist houses shaped like mushrooms and volcanoes dominate the wealthiest neighborhoods, the people of Korinekia are renowned for their nihilistic attitudes, extraordinary tribunals try accused financials criminals, and city rooftops are pockmarked with the shattered remains of experimental delivery drones. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Korinekia's national animal is the liger, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Korinekia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Pizza Delivery Sector.
- : Korinekia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Cultured.
- : Korinekia's influence in Lazarus rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Korinekia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Smartest Citizens.
- : Korinekia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Best Weather.
- : Korinekia's influence in Lazarus rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Korinekia's influence in Lazarus rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Following new legislation in Korinekia, city rooftops are pockmarked with the shattered remains of experimental delivery drones.
- : Korinekia was refounded in Lazarus.
- : Korinekia ceased to exist.