“(blink, blink), Nani?”
|Category: Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: Glorious Nations of Iwaku
The Most Ancient States of Korinekia is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Leader with an even hand, and renowned for its anti-smoking policies. Its hard-nosed population of 24.82 billion are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it is mainly concerned with Education, although the Environment and Healthcare are on the agenda. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Ligeropolis. The average income tax rate is 91%, and even higher for the wealthy. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Information Technology industry.
CEOs can't hear the term 'Fire Sale' without bursting into tears, the government is sending thousands of citizens overseas to defend a square mile of land, cyber-crime and tin-foil hat sales are both increasing at record rates, and the government is phasing in welfare programmes to tackle poverty. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Korinekia's national animal is the liger, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the shiny bit of metal.
Most Recent Government Activity: 12 days ago
- 10 days ago: Korinekia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Eco-Friendly Governments.
- 14 days ago: Korinekia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Healthiest Citizens.
- 16 days ago: Korinekia was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Scientifically Advanced (last census: Top 5%).
- 16 days ago: Korinekia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Scientifically Advanced.
- 27 days ago: Korinekia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Pacifist.
- 35 days ago: Korinekia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Beautiful Environments.
- 38 days ago: Korinekia was admitted to the World Assembly.
- 38 days ago: Following new legislation in Korinekia, the government is phasing in welfare programmes to tackle poverty.
- 38 days ago: Korinekia relocated from Secularia to Glorious Nations of Iwaku.
- 38 days ago: Korinekia lodged a message on the Secularia Regional Message Board.
Endorsements Received: None.