“(blink, blink), Nani?”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Most Ancient States of Korinekia is a gargantuan, economically powerful nation, ruled by Leader with an even hand, and renowned for its punitive income tax rates. Its hard-nosed population of 24.59 billion have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it is mainly concerned with Education, although the Environment and Healthcare are on the agenda. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Ligeropolis. The average income tax rate is 90%, and even higher for the wealthy. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Information Technology industry.
Liger populations thrive as dogs are slaughtered in the millions, the Korinekia Mental Asylum Party have recently won seats in parliament, fewer people are bathing as citizens must show ration stamps before they can turn on their faucets, and CEOs can't hear the term 'Fire Sale' without bursting into tears. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Korinekia's national animal is the liger, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the shiny bit of metal.
Most Recent Government Activity: 7 hours ago
- 7 hours ago: Korinekia was refounded in Balder.
- 18 days ago: Korinekia ceased to exist.
- 23 days ago: Korinekia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Popular Tourist Destinations (last census: Top 1%).
- 44 days ago: Korinekia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Highest Average Tax Rates.
- 50 days ago: Korinekia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Scientifically Advanced.
- 50 days ago: Korinekia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Scientifically Advanced.
- 69 days ago: Korinekia fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Public Sector.
- 75 days ago: Korinekia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Longest Average Lifespans (last census: Top 1%).
- 78 days ago: Korinekia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Cultured (last census: Top 5%).
- 79 days ago: Following new legislation in Korinekia, CEOs can't hear the term 'Fire Sale' without bursting into tears.